Thursday, November 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, November 30

Just checking in my beautiful friends...
    I have definately not been moderating the way I should..lots of factors.
    I appreciate all of your very wise words and insightfullness...what would I do without you!
    More later...gotta make dinner.
    Love to each of you.
    sm-mary

Comment

Thursday, November 30

YES! The beautiful painting was still there, and I cant believe how much more beautiful it looked today. Amazing how something takes on a beauty once you see it. I cannot stop staring at it. I hid it when I brought it home, and told the kids about it at the dinner table. They couldnt wait to see it. So I "unveiled" it and they were in awe... they were gently touching the canvas. My husband absolutely loved it. I was nervous at first, because he was inspecting the frame making sure it was solid wood, blah, blah, blah... but he smiled and said, "You did good baby."

But that's not the end.... something I dont think I've shared. On December 1st of last year, my husband and I separated for a brief time. I really didnt think our marriage was going to survive. It was one of the worst days of my life. It had nothing to do with my drinking, something else that just rocked my world. Anyway, I took my wedding ring off and told him I was willing to wear one again, but I could never wear "that" one again. And I havent. I've worn some pretty cool Steinmart imitations! Anyway, my husband told me that he was saving up for the ring that he always wanted to buy me, and he didnt know when he could get it, but he wanted me to be on the lookout for what I wanted. So today when I was at this estate store buying the painting, I saw this ring. I asked to look at it. Turns out, it was not real. But the man asked me if I was looking for diamond wedding bands, and I said yes. He told me about a place not far away that had beautiful estate jewelry that was really nice stuff. He highly recommended this particular man, and said he was highly known in the city. (I'm new here, so I wouldnt know!). So I went to this place, which was in a run down area and a place I NEVER would have known to go. So I get there and walk in and this pit bull behind the counter just about made me wet my pants! This man has him with a rope on his collar and is saying" Calm down Sheila! Its just a new customer!" I'm thinkin -- what have I got myself into??? :H I told him that the guy from the "estate furniture" place told me to come there, and that I wanted to look at wedding rings. He said, "Well you'll have to walk past Sheila to get to the rings over here!" So I did, and survived. Wow -- he had really beautiful stuff! I stayed there for almost two hours trying on rings, and the funny thing was, in the time I was there only four other people came in and they are all "friends" and "Sheila" freely ran up to them and greeted them! They were rich people bringing in nice jewerly and one man wanting to buy some diamond earings for his wife. The owner was so nice. I found a really, REALLY beautiful ring there. Havent told my husband yet. I gotta figure this out. Today was a really, special day. Just thought I would share that.

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow just because its the anniversary of such a hard day in our marriage, which ultimately lead me to drinkng to the point that eventually landed me here in late January of this year. I dont want to feel anything sad, so I am glad today was so special. Took my topa tonight, and strangely I have no desire to drink. I wish I felt this way every night. Thanks to listening to my novels today. I'll be quiet tomorrow!

Allie
      What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Hi everyone, I've been reading a lot, but not posting much. After Kanga's death, I couldn't believe just how sad I was, plus my 3 year old beautiful, elegant cat died suddenly in front of us during U.S. Thanksgiving dinner.

I want to be part of this community. Like so many of you I am going through a difficult time and am trying to stay AF free for a few days, but then I go back. Will try monthly mods with the supps, etc.
        Thanks,

SKendall
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Thank you all.

For everything.

As I'm a day ahead of you, Today I will be AF.

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Allie, you keep breaking my heart...quietly take your husband by the hand, take him into the store, and show him your ring...
            That's where I found my beautiful wedding ring-an estate jewelry store. Although it sounds like yours has more atmosphere, especially with "Sheila" (and don't you think that's a sign, with Kanga going?).

Tawny, thank you for your graciousness tonight.

SK-our cats are part of our family-I'm so sorry.

Fan-You are always so incredibly supportive. You are wonderful.

Love you all-
            Tumadre
            AF for Kanga today
            Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
            Plato

Comment

Thursday, November 30

SKendall wrote: Hi everyone, I've been reading a lot, but not posting much. After Kanga's death, I couldn't believe just how sad I was, plus my 3 year old beautiful, elegant cat died suddenly in front of us during U.S. Thanksgiving dinner.

I want to be part of this community. Like so many of you I am going through a difficult time and am trying to stay AF free for a few days, but then I go back. Will try monthly mods with the supps, etc.
              Thanks,

SKendall
              SKendall, I've not seen you here before. I am so sorry that I have missed you in the past:welcome:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: (I'm only allowed 4 emoticons)

How sad that the family cat died on Thanksgiving. I have two cats and even though sometimes they make me steaming mad, I couldn't bear to think that one of them might die.

Hugs,
              Rachele
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thursday, November 30

Allie - I am thrilled about your painting and the ring. Two beautiful stories. Dec 1 may hold unpleasant memories but look at you now! Strong, confident, surrounded by new friends. Although it was something bad that brought you here, aren't you a better person for it? It's how I feel about my situation. Don't mean to project! SOrry. I hope 12/1 turns out to be a great day for you !
                Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X