Friday December 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday December 23rd

Oohhh Becca. I think Nancy's right emotions are running high this week. Sounds like you've been going thru a lot of stress with changing jobs, ... and everything else . Partners can be soo impossible somtimes.
    I'm so sorry you're hurting. You're such an inspiration to so many of us here. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Call ya later.

Hugs, Judie

Happy Kanga Day Everybody!
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Friday December 23rd

Becca, Hang in there. I thouht my hub and I were there a few months back, too. Things are getting better. Just keep trying. You must love each other. I send you my love and support.

Hugs,

Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Friday December 23rd

Dear Becca,

Yes, do hang in. Stress is super high for you this week and past month with the shin splints, PT etc. Your whole program got kind of thrown out of whack don't forget that. I think you are being too hard on yourself right now.

My hubby and I separated for over a year about 4 years ago. His own personal therapy, couples therapy and him on antidepressants certainly helped. You know what made reconciliation possible though was the love we have for each other, the willingness to look at him again and see the changes he was willing to make. Watching him struggle to make them. You are so strong and have worked so hard at this. . . You are a wonderful sweet girl to be around. He knows this too! He has seen these changes.

Allie, same thing goes, July 1st was tough for me for a couple more years, now I just try not to think about that day and the horrible events of that day in 2002. I didn't want to go back to the house because I had horrible memories. It took time, but we have made some nice memories since. BTW, Could you make me cry anymore on the sweet, bittersweet stories?

Been horribly sick now since Tuesday night, thought I had food poisoning after that dinner party, but it turns out I know of 6 more people (3 in my office building here) who have had this stomach flu bug. Back to the supps and vitamins. GEEZ! Been AF and missed Wednesday's Mastermind dinner.

Catch up with all of you later.

Becca, hang in!

Love you all,
        Mary

A moment of silence for Kanga. AF today in his memory.

Comment

Friday December 23rd

Oh Mary, you just got over being sick!!! I am sorry. What a bummer with all of your social events going on. Hope you are over the worst of it.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday December 23rd

Becca,
            I couldnt get you on the phone, but left you a message on your cell. I hope you are able to follow this thread today and read the support. I dont know if you read what I posted last night on yesterday's thread here about how it was one year ago today that my husband and I separated when that whole, awful thing happened and I thought we were through forever. Honestly. You know because I have shared the story with you and you were one of my biggest supporters when I came here and you helped me get through one of the darkest times in my life. If you had told me a year ago today that our marriage would be as wonderful a year down the road as it is today, I would never have believed it. I would have said it was impossible. And here I am a year later looking at new wedding rings...

You can get through this! I know he loves you so much. Yes, they do get frustrated with us when we repeat things that bother them so much.... but isnt that what marriage is? Does anyone out there have a spouse that doesnt irk the hound out of them about certain things over and over? I echo what others have said.... emotions ARE high right now. I know how you have been hurting this week just like so many others. It sounds like the grace has kind of run out between the two of you right now, but God can pour it back in -- you watch and see. Emotions come and go like the wind, but underneath the love is solid. I know he loves you.

And by the way, so do we. Big hug from Smallie! :l
            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Friday December 23rd

Mary, we were posting at the same time I guess -- I didnt see yours until afterwards. So sorry you are sick! So glad to hear another story of marriage survival as well -- it is worth the fight. The love is stronger on the other side for sure.

And Macks -- you crack me up. Are you just a little excited about Christmas? Be sure to let the kids open their presents first okay?

Allie

Comment

Friday December 23rd

MKR, sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you feel much better today.
                Missed ya, :l Judie
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Friday December 23rd

LOL Allie i'll try....But its damn difficult...They are so slow....

23rd hmph....I wish
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday December 23rd

update

Hi guys...
                    I just got off the phone with Becca and with her permission, I'll give a little update. On top of what she is currently going through with the marriage issue, she just found out within the hour that her Dad has been admitted to the hospital with kidney failure. This was very unexpected and of course, she was very upset and I really tried to just ease her emotions. Sounds like the kidney problem is a result of him having he flu and for whatever reason (I am not sure), his kidneys stopped functioning and he has not been able to "take a leak" since yesterday. They had just been down to spend the weekend with Becca and her family just last weekend. She is of course too far away to go be with him right now. But her Mom says it sounds like they can get it turned around, but right now is kinda critical. The next few hours will tell a lot I am sure. She has not even been able to get hold of her husband yet to tell him.

She is just very beaten down and discouraged on many fronts, and understandably so. I dont think her husband has any idea the depth of emotions she has had to deal with this week, and sounds like she overdid it a bit last night with the pain of the Kanga memorial and hubby just didnt have any grace for it and doesnt want to hear anymore about this website or what meds she is or is not on, etc. So I have offered for my husband to talk to him although they have never met because they are both aware she and I are very close and my husband has had those same feelings at times and hopefully could encourage him to support her.

So our dear sweet Becca needs a lotta lovin on right now. And the last thing she said was that she hates to add drama right now with everything else going on on this site. So I asked her if I could do it for her! But that's why we are here... for situations just like Becca's. Not the Lizzie stuff. The Becca stuff.

I love you Becca! :h
                    Allie

Comment

Friday December 23rd

Allie, I was under the impression your husbands had talked before. I think that sounds like an awesome idea, because I am telling you this is completely foreign to outsiders. I accidentally let it slip last night about the online m emorial and my friend was shocked that I would "waste my time" with people I have never met. Of course she does not know the "reason" we are all here. I said it was a health and nutrition website but she told me to get a life and meet real people. I bet your husbands would benefit A LOT from knowing they were not alone in being married to someone who has issues with drinking and an "addiction" to this website. You are a good friend.

Becca, we love you. Do not think you are burdening us with drama. It is not drama. It is life. We are here. I pray your dad gets well quickly as well.
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday December 23rd

Thanks for the update Aliie.. I was getting worried about her
                        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Friday December 23rd

You're absolutely right Lush...when my husband sees that I'm on this website he gives me the "get a life" face too!
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Friday December 23rd

my avatars really do look scary when they are stacked up on top of eachother

Comment

Friday December 23rd

Hi all,

Just signed on after a day christmas shopping - Macks i'm with you on the whole chrimbo thing, i LOVE it. I'm a bigger kid than my 9 year old.........our local radio sings a 'sleeps to santa' song, sung to the tune of 'one man went to mow, went to mow a meadow, if you like i'll post the words for you.

Becca, my thoughts are soooo with you, my hubby doesn't understand either about the drink or the site, I love him very much but it's frustrating. Hang on in there.....

Allie it was brill chatting to you the other night, thanks.

MKR get well soon.

Nancy, lucky, lisa, lush (senior of course) jude, best, mary, and anyone else (i'm not even good with names even when i have faces to go with them so sorry guys but i'll never get them all). Thinking of you all on Kanga Day.

If anyone can tell me how to post pictures then I can show you my 'handymen'

Take care all, Love & Hugs, Paula :l :h :l
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Friday December 23rd

Allie thanks for the update. I just signed on and started reading and when I got to your post it made me feel better.

Becca, I just want you to know sweetie we are all here for you no matter what okay.

:l :l :l :l Attached files [img]/converted_files/156876=137-attachment.gif[/img]
                                :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                                X