Sunday, December 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, December 2nd

Mary and Laura, you always make me laugh. Mary, I expect to hear you have the FULL tree up by tonight. Not neccesarily decorated but not sitting up in your attic anymore. I agree that the new year needs to bring serious changes. Hmmm, didn't I say that when I turned 40? Procrastination. Another thing a lot of us have in common............Tracy, sorry you are having a bad day. No drink is worth ruining an entire day. We just need to keep drilling that idea into our heads.

Allie, I wish you could post the pic as well. You sound like quite the supermom. You have been moderating so well this month. Very impressed Alliekins.

Waves, I agree about the feeling superior issue. She always makes me feel strange the next day after events wanting to know how I feel, etc. No more. I will be with these friends again on Friday and I WILL maintain and only have a couple.

Hawk, the vision of someone falling asleep at a hockey game is so funny. I am sure people thought you were toasted.

Okay, done posting now. I am determined to beat Mary with getting my decorations up today.......
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Hi Everyone,

Soccermom Mary, you and me both about truly committing to the mods program! I was fairly well behaved during the first half of November but then I decided I could just rest on my laurels and drank as much as usual for the last two weeks of the month. I'm still trying to figure out my December plan. I'll be in San Francisco to be with my father-in-law for about a week. My brother-in-law and his partner are so exacting about wines. I know what is going to happen. We'll have dinner and one bottle of wine will be opened to shared by five diners. I adore my inlaws, I've never been in a conflict with any of them and I certainly won't want to start now by upsetting my brother-in-law who has taken on the responsibility of stopping his dad's apartment every day to see how he is doing. Then there is my family in San Francisco. I'll be staying part of the time with my sister and her husband and they are practicing Buddhists who don't drink because alcohol muddies consciousness (well, doesn't it, indeed) . . . aargh!

I've got to run now. I'm meeting up with some old partying pals from school. Wish me well, tee hee .:H

Love to all,

:heart: E

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

I can relate

Soccer mom, thanks for the dance "YEAH!!", need that every so often..............

New beginnig , waves, lush everyone else who I've missed (Judie) I feel the same with the holidays aproaching.............

That is why I am not promising any (or not alot, had two this week) AF days for a while. hope you all ar edoing better than me................doing ok, but still drinking , oh well

stilll love you all!!!!:l :h

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

:welcome: P.S. I'm back again because I forgot to say welcome to newbegin!

Eustacia

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Okay,newbegin--
            We need to talk topa. You are so far ahead of most of us by starting with 62 days of sobriety. I am just 6 mos. younger than you, so that might count for something. My recommendation is to start very slow. Get a pill cutter. Cut your 50 mg. pill in half, and take that once a day at about 3 p.m. that way, it will have time to kick in before dinner time. You can do that for about a week and then titrate up to 50 the next week, once after breakfast and once in mid-afternoon. I did have side-effects that were unpleasant, but I wanted so much to get control of my drinking (and to still be able to enjoy wine) that I was willing to live and work with whatever would happen. I had diahrrea every day almost. I also had muscle aches. My advice is to go ahead and try the drug and see what happens. You have been AF, and you know that you can do it. The good news is that I could drink without the craving to drink and drink, and the drug enabled me to cut back and even to go into my 30 days of AF. Now my idea is to cater my own program to my current needs and to try to avoid the denial that kept me a prisoner of self-contempt for so long. Good luck!

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

E, I'm not sure whether I thanked you for the name of the dr. in Hong Kong. My son is going there, and his plans are to call. He is very grateful. So am I.

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

...okay Luschy--my trees up..but only half of it lights up...so what does that count for! It's a pre-lit tree and when I plug the darn thing in only the bottom half lights up and I have tried and re-tried to re-plug it(and shaken it) and still..doesn't light up..maybe no one will notice..I feel like Clark Griswald!
                but it's up..
                So I beat you on that..so there!
                Also---great advice on the topa--I commend you on doing so well on just the supps and vits..I was doing okay on those but than really felt like I needed the extra help with topa..it has helped tremendously with the cravings..but is it that you would like to start moderating? or continue AF? Or did you already say, and I'm just a little slow? probably the second one..
                anyway--the side effects do seem to go away, and I'm with Fsophia--I was willing to do anything! I can relate to your scenario too--of dragging out the day just to come home, drink, and repeat the whole thing again..no way to live...
                Okay----now, back to these darn lights!

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

I am ready to murder whoever invented Christmas lights. I have now set up two elaborate displays in my house. One of all santas on snow with lights under the snow and the other is my snow village. They were working fine, got everthing set up, walked out of the room, came back in and, like you and your tree half of them are out. I am so %&!&%&@ pissed right now. It took forever to set these up. Grrr.....I am ironically giggling at 1/2 your tree not working. Happened to us last year. So let's see. Allie is off having sex (if I interpreted what a Sunday snuggle means correctly) and we are sitting here going out of our minds decorating? What the hell is wrong with this picture!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Right---Allie is having Snookie time and you and me are dealing with our 1/2 lit trees and snow villages..
                    And I'm sorry--I'm kind of laughing at You! because I can see you all proud--having set up your little snow village and santa town and than you go off to get a glass of milk and turn back around to admire your work and the lights don't work...I'm sorry, that's kind of freaking hilarious!!
                    And I'm just going to leave the bottom of my tree 1/2 lit and the top can be not lit...so there!

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

lush,
                      GRRRRRRRRR is MY word. you have to ask permission and get it copyrightededed-ed. we are doing better... dad is doing better... thank you all for the prayers and thoughts, again.

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

And I'M cracking up at the BOTH of you being half-lit! There's a drinking joke in there somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't find it...and that, newbegin, is the side-effects of topa on me. I'm losing my personality! I just feel down and blah.

Thank you so much, all of you, for your kind, supportive words yesterday about my daughters. I do praise them, and have to correct the picture I may have portrayed of my oldest-it wasn't all anger and horrid scenes-she had this huge hormonal imbalance, and Prozac (and therapy) really helped her. Her eyes have really been opened by her experiences in Central Am., and she has grown so much, and now realizes how incredibly lucky and full her life is. I'm lucky to be blessed with both my daughters.

Becca-she can barely remember the rape-she says she was working so hard just to stay conscious, much less fight him off...Have you been able to work through this, by yourself, or in therapy? I wonder how many of us are out there, who have either been raped or molested, and what part that plays in our drinking...

I went back down to 150 mg. topa yesterday, and am going to work my way back up. I gave myself permission to have wine last night, and feel dehydrated today. Yuk.
                        Eustacia-I live an hour away from San Francisco!

Love to all of you-
                        Tumadre
                        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                        Plato

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Sorry Becca, when you become a Sr. Member then we can discuss. Until then, just keep posting away. I am glad, however, your Dad is doing better. Here is hoping you have a great, positive week. You start the new job, right?

SM- Yep a glass of milk is exactly what I went and got. Nothing quenches frustration better than that.

Tumadre, good catch on the half-lit. I did not even think of that. Yep, Mary and I are definitely half-lit today.

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

You guys have probably heard by now about that family from San Fransisco, that's been missing since Nov 25. They were supposed to check-in to Tu Tu Tun Lodge (1 mi from our house... where I work painting sometimes), and never showed up.
                            Some of the relatives of the missing family, (sisters) where in the restaurant yesterday, where I work, for most of the afternoon, talking to the local Sheriff, & Search & Rescue Team.

I keep hearing the Chopper flying over every so often. It's not looking good. Been over a week now, with no sign of them. Pretty sad. It was real emotional @ the cafe yesterday... nobody knew what to say...we kind of adopted them for the afternoon & bought them lunch... I think there's 2 small children & a 7 mo old baby, as well as the mother & father, missing.

Peace & prayers, :h Judie
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Half christmas tree

HI, When my kids were about 10 and 11 ( they are almost 22 and 23 now) I spent ages decorating the Christmas tree in beautiful silver and blue baubles, deliberating the exact position of each and every one with great care. My lovely two kids helping. When I got up in the morning half the tree was blue and the other half silver. They had got up during the night and swapped them all around!!!!! You have to laugh.

xxx Love you all xxx
                              Enough is enough

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Judie, that is a horrible story. Keep us posted as to what happens. And here is a silent prayer for that family.................

Comment

Working...
                                X