Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, December 2nd

posting at same time

Sorry Judie, I was in San Francisco only two years agoo. It is a huge place. I hope they turn up safe and sound.
    Enough is enough

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

me too:h They were last seen in Roseburg, Ore.
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Apparently they were in Seatle for Thanksgiving. They believe they were taking the back road over the Mt, from Grants Pass. Which is an unimproved road, not good in the winter...

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

yes...what a sad thing about that family..praying for them here too...

by the way---I just got back from a long walk..had to get out of this messy house and half-lit tree situation--as I was walking I found a bunch of fake poinsettas lying in the middle of the street...I walked home with them (about 3 miles)...I'm using them on my table!!! So there! Somehow, I just can't see Allie doing that??!!

Also--E--meant to tell you that the San Fran trip sounds nice..it's always nice to be around people that find it normal to split one bottle of wine for 5 and for that matter to abstain...
          And Lushy--how are those lights coming?

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

I just about peed my pants over that one Mary. Picking up trash in the middle of the street and carrying it home. You must have looked like a homeless lady. LOL!!!

Well my &*^%$$$!!-up lights will work if you do not walk with a heavy foot on the ground!!! Swear to God, there must be a short somewhere but if you walk by the displays with a light foot they will stay on; put any kind of weight in your step and forget it. I will change them later as I am worried they may be a fire hazard. Good job on the walk. Allie, since you have no decorating to do can you PLEASE get up from your Sunday snuggle and help me out???

Waves, your story is so funny about the switching up the balls on the tree. Sounds like you had a good sense of humour about it. I think I would have cried. I get a bit anal about how my decorations need to be positioned.

Off to do the lighted garland on the stairs. Look out Martha Stewart. You ain't got nothing on me.........
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

...um maybe you miss read when you referred to my prime find of plastic poinsettas as trash--they will look perfect on the table--and I could easily be a guest on Martha Stewart with some decorating tips...and where to find cheap, or for that matter, free, decorations!

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Whoa, can someone say "competitive estrogen"?:shocked: :egad: :wd:
                Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                Plato

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Now you all see why I like to decorate early.... so I can "enjoy" my holidays!! Was I that obvious Lush? Gosh.... I thought I was really discreet to come back hours later (yes hours...) and discover such talk!

Uhhhemm. Twas a nice snooze.

Now that I'm all refreshed Lushy, I will catch the next flight to come help you with your Christmas disaster!

Judie -- I have kept up with that family on the news -- I had NO idea it was that lodge you sent me the info on! Wow. Lets us know if you hear something not on the news. My heart breaks when I see the children especially. Its got to be something weather related.

Well..hubby just walked by and said, "You're pretty cute ya know..." I love this man. I think I'm getting sleepy again! :H

Going home to North Carolina for most of the week -- leaving tomorrow night. Taking my laptop though, so I'll stay in touch. Just me and hubby and the little one.

Have a wonderful evening all you stressed out light stringers!
                  Allie
                  What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Allie-
                    So what about that wonderful antique ring...?
                    Plato

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Now I am feeling lazy for not having more decorating done, but now that I know there are experts around....how about coming over and helping me with the %$#*&^ lights? Its such a chore but it sure is more fun putting it up than taking it down! I hate that part.

I hadn't heard about that family -- that is just awful. I do hope there is good news soon. How scary that has to be for their family.

Waves - I love the story about the tree! What a great sense of humor your kids have!
                      Hawk

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Tumadre -
                        Its such a huge decision! I love it and the guy admitted he had it for a while, so I dont "think" its going to disappear overnight. It's really unique, but the band has to be replaced because I dont like it at all. But the ring is incredible. So I've been online looking, have been to a few other places. There is a particular shape I am really wanting, and that one is "close" and very different... just kinda caught me by surprise. But I'm trying to figure out if I will be happy with it forever? I just want to KNOW that I KNOW i have found the perfect ring. Oh -- and I'm looking a lot right now because I'm out shopping for the kids, but I'm really not thinking its going to happen at Christmas because we are always under so much financial stress in December with three birthdays AND Christmas, so I'm thinking it will happen around Valentines Day. He doesnt tell me much, but that's what I'm guessing. I would rather wait and get what I really want... and that ring will still be there if its the one. I am torn because I feel guilty showing it to him now with all he has on his plate with Christmas for the kids and all.. our oldest is turning 20... big birthday coming up for that(and no I'm not old, just started young...LOL) and our littlest has the big "9" coming up the day after, and my husband's birthday is right smack in December, and he ALWAYS tells me I cant do anything for him. Because of Christmas. I hate it. I always do of course, but this is all very tricky.

Tumadre... dont ask me such complicated questions unless you want a novel! Sorry!!!! :H
                        Allie
                        What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Allie, you know I love you dearly, right? But you and your happy sex life can kiss my big white a**. I have been slaving and sweating and swearing up a storm, while listening to "Jesus is the reason for the season", and "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and trying to be all "Christmasy" for my daughter, all the while just being hacked that someone does not come decorate for me. And get in line Hawk. If anyone gets helps with decorating it would be THE SENIOR MEMBER!!! Boy, am I going to milk my obsessive posting to the hilt or what? Seriously have a great time in NC Alliekins and stay in touch.

Okay, I think I have ranted enough today. Nothing life threatening and for that I am thankful, but it is laughable.........love you all.....

P.S. If anyone here likes Sarah McLachlan I highly recommend her new Christmas CD. It is just awesome. Have listened to it probably 100 times today.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

I love Sarah McLachlan! But I must admit, after being forced to listen to Christmas music for the past 3 nights @ work...:yuk: It's highly over-rated!:H

As of tonight, no new news on the Kim family. They were however able to get the snow cats up onto Bear Camp road today, not sure how far they've been able to get, thru yet. It's fairly well travelled in the summer timeikpopo[iujuty45e459 jknlkllll;ll;l;kjhdr4uoipj'''ikjikji

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Nothing like having a "buzzed" Hubby help me post!:nutso:

:sigh:

Oh, he says he's sorry.

Where was I?

In the summer it's used by the river rafters for their shuttle vehicles, on a regular basis, so there is a fair amount of traffic. But in the winter, it's a 50+ mi stretch of wilderness region with no phone service, or any services at all, for that matter. Just old growth forest & a one lane road going over the Mt. Extremely steep, winding, and very heavily overgrown. There's literally hundreds of old logging roads that if someone got turned around... could very easily get lost. Or if they had car trouble or something, there are no services. Just hoping for some word soon. Really hoping that since they do have children, maybe they have blankets & food packed... Praying for the best.:h

Comment

Sunday, December 2nd

Judie-
                                I didn't realize that it could be so desolate in that area. My prayers go out to the family and the searchers, also. Please do keep us updated. I don't have TV (no cable), so only get news from internet or papers, and hadn't heard about them...and they come from my area. Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on them. You have a huge :h .
                                Love, Tumadre
                                Plato

Comment

Working...
                                X