X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, December 8th

Hi all,

Welcome Denise :welcome:

This is just a really quick check to see that everyone is OK, really don't have time to mention anyone by name but I just wanted to let you that i'm still here.

Packing at the minute, as we go to London for the weekend very soon to see the Lion King Musical.

I'll catch up on monday.

Take care all, Love Paula :l :h :l
    sigpicXXX

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Rachelle..those are awesome..what a production! mmmmm...I'm smelling them now..You are amazing.
      PP, thanks for asking..i thought I responded back to you...yes, I'm dropping the label for now...it's the 'false artist' that I'm dropping...rather, allowing her to die, in order to be truer to myself....you know what they say..one must lose his life in order to gain it...tis the season. Consequently..I'm feeling little stirrings of creativity bubble up...funny what happens, heh? :0)

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Yes, Di you had explain it to me ; I was looking for the follow up thanks
        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Hi Everyone,

I didn't formally sign up for mods but that is what I've been doing. I've been able to banish all alcohol from our house for three weeks now and only have a couple of wines when out to dinner. Sometimes three. The point is my home is now a safe AF haven for me and I don't conntinue drinking when I get home, whicih I used to do all the time.

IF I DON'T BUY IT, I CAN'T DRINK IT. That has been my saving grace so far.

Thanks to MWO and everyone here. Between you and the supps, it is working, so far.

Hawk, I'm sending you my best vibes to get this behind you. Most of these things are benign so keep your spirits up. We are all thinking of you, I'm sure.

Happy holidays to all.

Ivy

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Hi Everyone...checking in quickly before I have to run back to school.
            Hawk--I know in my heart that you will be okay, but I am glad that thing is going to come out...yes..is it day surgery?? My prayers are with you..
            And Lush....how EMBARRASSING for the 2 of us!! Here we are trying to be the Martha's and we've got the Captain Stubing of the Martha's among us! Rachele---those candles and lotions are amazing! I'm all impressed with myself because this year for my kids' teacher gifts I'm making chocolate covered strawberries and putting them on a decorative paper plate....very tricky that microwavable chocolate!
            Welcome Dove and Denise! Good job on the plans...that's what I've found it always takes--a plan!
            Yes--it's about time for a Gypsi check in! Hope you're well sweetie.
            MM--um..yes...energy level is a little high!
            mkr--universe quotes always help me.
            Okay---gotta run ...love you all, I'll check in tonight.
            sm-mary

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Attached files [img]/converted_files/161450=247-attachment.jpg[/img]
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Did I say welcome Dove? I am sorry if I did not, so welcome......

SM, I have a feeling Rachele stole those pictures off of a craft website just to get our goats. C'mon Rachele, fess up.

Ivy, what you are doing is totally my plan after the New Year. It is the only logical thing to do. Like you said, how can you drink it when it ain't there? I just hope I am not too grumpy for my family to deal with. I am sure after a few days I will be fine. Right?? Congrats to you for sticking with it. And please come around here whenever you want.

Paula, your weekend plans sounds fabulous. I have heard amazing things about the Lion King.

And Fan, what crafts are you making this Holiday Season???
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Hello everyone, and welcome to Denise and Dove.
                  I've just got back from having a meal with my wife....a nice hot curry with two glasses of lemonade. I am working tomorrow...booo hooo, so I shall have an early night and congratulate myself on sticking to the plan and getting through a Friday sober and content.
                  I hope you all have a good weekend.
                  Imagine, those candles look delicious great. I used to find reading by candlelight very relaxing, but my eyesight isn't what it used to be.
                  I'll check in some time tomorrow to see how you are all getting on.
                  Well it's ten past nine here and I'm off to bed.
                  Goodnight everyone.

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Thanks agin for all the support you guys, it means a lot to me. Surgery will be just one day so that is good. I am feeeling upbeat because I know at least it is being taken care of!

Dove - I was a bartender in a former life and I know what you mean about the service industry. I used to be too tired to go out but man, some people can really keep going! Few times I did, it was never worth it the next day!

Mike - 5 basketball games?!? Holy cats! How many kids do you have? Macks has his own team - sounds like you might too! LOL

Lush - Sounds like you have a great plan for handling the cookie exchange. Making a plan and sticking to it are a little easier when some one knows and can support you so I think that is a real positive step. Now, go kick some cookie a** and bring us a trophy!:happy:

Mary - Happy Anniversary! I hope you both enjoy the day and each other. You deserve it!

PP - Hope you are feeling better.

Fsophiah - I love hearing bellchoirs and violins! I find it oddly relaxing.

Rachele - :wow: WOW!!!!! Did you borrow some energy from MM? You candles and lotions look awesome! I have a skill too, I make a mean reservation!

Paula - Enjoy the Lion King. I loved the costumes! Fabulous!

Ivy - I think I may have to copy your plan. It sounds effective.

Becca - Still thinking of you.

Dilayne, Denise, SM Mary, Allie and Paul and anyone else I missed, big hugs!
                    Hawk

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Quick hello!

I've been unbelievably busy, and this is first time I've opened my laptop in two days. Been travelling, and jumping up way too early and ending way too late. Sleep deprived to say the least. Got home late last night from NC. Tonight, my brother and his wife, and their four kids are coming for the whole weekend and staying with us to have some time with my Mom and the family. Should be lots of fun, but chaotic no doubt. Been going non-stop today trying to unpack, laundry, change sheets, make the huge Costco run and tomorrow night I am having the whole extended family over, so total of 25 for dinner! So anyway, about to go back out to buy some candles (Rachele you need 2-hour shipping service) to complete the atmosphere, and they are all coming in about two hours. So I probably wont be around much over the weekend. And you just wont believe --- I got "butted " in the thigh by a goat when I was in North Carolina!! My friend's "pet".... life is never dull for me. Ever. Okay.. signing off!

Love to all!
                      Allie
                      What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Hi Everybody! Long day working! Just got back from doing radio show.

Hawk, good luck with your operation. I'm glad that they are addressing this quickly. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lush, I have three offices actually. One in DC where I do our Government Affairs work, one in Baltimore, where I do our association management work, and one in my home, where I do research, writing, planning, coordination and many, many calls. But, I do not work 8-5. I actually am on 24/7, as I have clients all over the world, but hearing from my International side outside the country in the middle of the night is rare and intermittent (thank goodness). There are certain times of the year where I am brought in to work on Campaigns, such as the Japanese Dolphin issue, the Canadian Seal, the Makah Whales (with issues that are Global - including Russia), etc. And so I bore everyone here. It sounds like I do more than I do. I have an incredible support team, including my family. I would crumble without that support. My husband is a research scientist in physiology, but he is semi-retired and helps me a lot. My son helps flesh out issues and is very up on World news. My father, though he is a retired blue collar worker, he used to be the Union representative, has a an incredible legal mind, and helps me edit a lot of my papers. And my mother always teases about "which capacity she is in" -- her nanny capacity, my personal secretary, mother or friend. And then, of course, there is my staff and the staff of my clients. So I spread a lot of the work around. And my hours are flexible, as long as I get the work done and am always available via phone.

Presciouspinot, I got a real chuckle out of the energizer bunny!!! Its ironic you would say that because at the US Capital, they tease me about being the energizer bunny on roller blades (no I don't wear skates)!

Imagine, I love candles!!!! How talented you are!!!! Among my favorite decorations are my little lamps that hold big, holiday scented candles.

Fan, I just LOVE the pictures of Martha Stewart!!!

Fsophiah, I think Holiday performances at schools have just got to be the closest to a magical holiday moment as you can get!! How wonderful it is that you are in the school system where you can enjoy them year after year as an insider!!! WOW!

And to everyone here, thank you again for all your wonderful, positive words of support. They are so meaningful to me.

THANK YOU,
                        MM
                        Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Friday, December 8th

So many people out here right now. My goal when I get back is to get to know you all a little better.

But for now,

Mele Kalikimaka

Maybe I'll spot Pedro on the beach. Be back after the 16th.
                          Happy decorating, baking, shopping and wrapping. The goal is to do it with less alcohol then last year.

Love you all,
                          Laura
                          Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Friday, December 8th

December 8

I am so amazed by all of you.

Hawk, I send you best wishes.

MM, your energy is unbelievable.

Rachele, I love those candles!!

Lush, you have kept me in stitches (I posted today on tell my story)

Mackeral, best wishes for the op

XTexan, thanks for your information, I'm acting on it.

KAtesM and Tawny, words can't express what absolute first class females you are.

Mike Up North, thank you, thank you.

Becca, we can all help you

Waves 2, thank you for welcoming me after I was on chat 1 time

Imagine, FSophia, Eustacia, etc. etc. etc, Islandbaby, I spend a lot of time on the island too).

Thank you all so much.

I will try to have the courage to jump in daily. I have been a little hesitant because there have been certain threads that have intimidated me, but none of them involved the wonderful, inspirational people to are the absolute spiritual basis of this site.
                            Hilary
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Hilary there is no intimidation allowed. Sounds like you have been following each of us closely and that is so nice. So jump in. We could use more company.
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday, December 8th

Pool's open

Hilary - Pool's open - Jump in chicklet!:welcome:
                                Hawk

Comment

Working...
                                X