Moving folders - new to moderation :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving folders - new to moderation

So Owly...watcha gonna do about those two hot spots?? You gotta have a plan!
    all the best, Olly

Comment

I know, if I go there all wishy-washy it won't be enough... I'll sleep on it.

Comment

Hey Owly,
        Just got home from work.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :h I'm so sorry I missed that earlier!
        How did it go? Hope you had a wonderful day! Or maybe still are...:H

In any case catch ya tomorro...
        :l Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Second to that. Happy Birthday, Tristan!

Comment

It was my friend's birthday But I appreciate the sentiment :h

I'm afraid I fell off the wagon though, will need to start again.

Comment

HI Tristan,

One thing I found out fairly recently was that I suffered from a "mild case" of what is called rapid cycling bi-polar disorder. I have spent years trying to get a diagnosis, and have taken many anti-depressants, been hospitalised for depression and anxiety, panic attacks etc bloody etc.

I drank a hell of a lot too....

After I got the diagnosis I was put on some mood stabilisers - they are called Neurontin - tha active ingredient is Gabapentin.

I am now taking Campral - which because it works on the gaba receptors in the brain is having a great effect on my mood and therefore my need to drink - specially in social situations.

Don't be frightened by the term "bi-polar" as the problem comes in all shapes and sizes - but I would really recommend that you discuss your panic/anxiety with a doc and perhaps try a mood stabiliser - it may have a 2 way effect - you never know.

I am just so pleased that something that works on one thing can amazingly work on another - all these things are interconnected - and there MUST be a Dr out there who can help you (yeah, I keep away from emergency rooms too!!)

BTW I also did cognitive behavioural therapy at the same time, which taught me how to literally think straight!

Good luck with everything and best wishes from the land of the big long drink

Cheers

Cash
              xx
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Thanks cash - I'm sure there is a bi-polar element at work, which, when I'm not on prozac is extremely rapid and makes any sort of planning impossible. Now the cycle is simply stretched out more which means I can actually live something of a normal life, though not quite. I have to make this diagnosis myself because the state of psychiatry in this country is abysmal, someone might tell you otherwise but they have been lucky - I know many people who've been through the process the they regretted ever asking for help. Still, you get what you pay for.....

:thanks:

Comment

I really wanted to go for a walk through London today but it's sooo cold all I can do is sit right in front of the electric heater at full blast! Doesn't help that I live in a conservatory and the heating only comes on when the landlady wants it, which means no bath until then. Whine over, sorry! Hope everyone is coping well after Christmas. :h

Comment

Two day binge just ended And New year's eve in two days....

Comment

I sure miss my coach! He's on holiday till the 8th.

There are some positives though, my behaviour when going out has been exemplary, which I put down to the supplements, and also I am drinking much more slowly and haven't even touched any spirits or shots. Thirdly I am barred from every late bar in the area so I have to go home at regular closing time - this is the best thing that could have happened to me tbh. I also am not getting hangovers or next-day cravings as badly.

Comment

Working...
                      X