Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, Dec. 15

Hi everyone --

WOW. There is so much going on here and I know I cannot possibly respond to it all with the appropriate attention it deserves - I have a dinner to attend. The day has been crazy and I am exhausted but it has been all good stuff. Something in everyone's posts today struck a chord with me. I would be reading them and thinking, "I hear that sista..." SM Mary - my heart goes out to you. It is the worst feeleing to wake up and know you are going to feel like crap until bedtime. Mary - glad you didn't have a hangover but I know what you mean too - sometimes I think we expect way to much of ourselves. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than we hold others to. Its very difficult. I know I am my own worst enemy.

I've been thinking of all of you and hope things are ok. Becca - you hang in there and just put onefoot in front of the other. Think of the next step, not the next mile. And Fan, give her her holiday bra back fro God's sake!
    Hawk

Comment

Friday, Dec. 15

Judie, Mary Anne, Hawk, and everyone in the cheering squad...
      what can I say? This is AWESOME. I could never do it by myself. I swear. Every time I feel like I could give up or I'm starting to get the streamers out for the pity party, I come here, and ALWAYS feel better.
      thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!

and yeah.... um.... mike.... I hear UPS is pretty busy these days. You're gonna have to charter a jet to return my bra. thanks.

Comment

Friday, Dec. 15

Speaking of bras... I found a couple of nice, cute, lacey, black ones on sale yesterday..., so of course I had to buy em.
        For some reason @ the check-out counter my Hubby & the LARGE chested sales clerk got into a discussion about who invented the darn things... men or women. She swore it had to be men, because a woman wouldn't design something so ridiculous to have to wear...etc... And Scott argued that men prefer that we don't wear em @ all anyway...
        Looking at the sales clerk, I have to say, I count my blessings... that poor girl might get a black eye or 2 if she walked too fast.

Luckily, we got outa there before Hubby had to suffer any either...LOL!:H
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Friday, Dec. 15

Love!

Becca,

Just want you to know that I am here for you. I know you know that but I think you need reminded sometimes. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you. I know you are strong enough to do anything you set your mind to. You have proven that already. 2 half marathons. I would be dead by now.

I just want you to know I support you and love you. I thank everyone on here for supporting and helping you.

Love you,
          Terry

Comment

Friday, Dec. 15

Speaking of bras... I found a couple of nice, cute, lacey, black ones on sale yesterday

phew

Comment

Friday, Dec. 15

Paul,
              were they even in your size?? Lucky guy! I hate when I find the cute ones, but they are either big enough to fit my head in each of the cups, or so small they look like training bras. I'm glad you had good luck!:H

Thanks again (that needs to be my signature, I swear!) to everyone for the kind words and encouragement and PM's. They keep me going. chugga chugga.... I'm typing this saturday morning. day 6! Kinda cool how the numbers add up if I try to not pay too much attention and just decide "simply" (yeah, right), that I'M NOT DRINKING TODAY. voila, the end, finito.

For those of you who don't know, "Chantelle" -- Terry-- is one of my best friends here at home. He has supported me unconditionally through all this crap. His caring spirit and how he goes out of his way ALWAYS to show me how hard I can be on myself and point out the good things are phenomenal. He even made me this huge poster, laminated it, and sent it with my husband for my San Fran run. It had a poem on it!! I should post it... it's so sweet.
              Terry, I don't do enough for you! Come over for some free therapy! (sore neck...I'm supposed to be helping him with that, but have been busy... OK... self absorbed. grrr).

May you all have the support I'm getting. coulda never imagined....
              Whoo hoo!! Feeling awesome this morning!

:h
              me

Comment

Friday, Dec. 15

Poem

If you post that poem, I would get emabarassed as hell. Just wanted Rebecca to know how much people (I) love her and support her. Your friends on here do ten times more than I do for you. I love them all for that.

Terry

Comment

Friday, Dec. 15

TERRY!
                  Lunch. Wed or Thurs. Be there. My treat. I just want a hug.:l I can't believe you want to put yourself through listening to me whine anymore.... but that's what you do, and you do it well! Hope I can reciprocate even a fraction.
                  You rock, brotha.
                  You do more than you give yourself credit for. I've GOTTA post the poem. C'mon! They all want to hear it I bet!!

Comment

Working...
                  X