A Saturday too close to Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have so much to say...and I think only a minute to say it in...because my husband and son are expected home any minute..that is why I have such a hard time opening up here (in part, plus, I am private)...I have so little time alone on the computer...anyway I will try.

this is a weird time for all of us with the holidays....such mixed feelings...tough times with alcohol...mixed feelings with families...times of woe and of such blessings. So many feelings surface...and for so many of us, feelings are hard. I see this on the boards...so many struggles...so much joy..but most of all, so much love here. We have found so much support in this funny place, where we so connect. All of us so different, yet so the same, because of our struggles with alcohol. And maybe that makes us more the same than we know...

I am usually kinda quiet, but while I have a minute, I just want to express myself. With all our crazy or not so crazy lives, and all our individual battles and joys, I hope we can all take a minute and not lose site this season to what we have, if no where else, right here. I have tried to stop and smell the roses (ok...between testing kids, folding laundry, making dinner, and of course, hiding bottles uggghhh!!!) but at moments I do remember how great it is to live in the moment...not often, but sometimes. I guess maybe this is one of them..so I want to share it with you all....

hope some of you get to read this..and maybe even get to appreciate it... i appreciate all of you so much it is unbelievable.

Anyway...whatever holiday you celebrate, channukah, christmas, kwanzaa, hairy monkey day (just made that one up...duh) or celebrate every day...love you all...

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Oh Hawk---that is wonderful news! And I don't know why we keep secrets...especially from those who we are supposed to be our best freinds. I am so private it scares me sometimes. I have many things I keep from my husband...MWO included. I just returned from a very long walk and, funny, was thinking that in order to re-establish some much needed closeness in our relationship I needed to open up to him more on many levels (not MWO--I'm not ready for that yet...maybe will never be)..but some other things that I can/need to talk to him about...I'm so happy for you!!
      sm-mary

Comment

Lots here today. First, Gypsi, everyone here is wishing you the most blessed of holidays. Hawk, it's good to at least be open to the idea of a baby. That's such a huge issue, and around forty, it turns into the elephant in the living room. And Judie. Last year, I brined the turkey, and it was delicious. I could still do dressing, which I love, and the turkey was moist and delicious. You just have to be careful not to use too much salt. Do a google on turkey brine. Also, put pecans in the dressing. Gosh, Waves. Dinner in the conservatory? Just be careful not to invite Miss Plum.

Christmas tree is up. Colored lights frame the front door. Husband and I didn't divorce over this. Alumni party tonight. Didn't grade anything today.

Comment

Beth, that was a beautiful post. And I second that.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Yes, I really liked your post Beth....very nice..
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Hey guys.....
              Just had to jump in here and say that we deep fried three turkeys yesterday and a pile of hot wings!!

It took all day to do it but they turned out great! We injected them with different flavors . We cooled them and then put them in the freezer until next weekend.
              I'll let you know how they are after then! I cooked the extra stuff.....you know stuff inside the turkey, not sure what it was, for Belle.....she said "YUMMMM"
              I will make cornbread bressing with canned chicken broth as my daughter has requested! Lots of jellied cranberry sauce too!
              The only down side of frying is that the oil (peanut) cost more than all the turkeys combined!!
              Oh well........it's only once a year! Turkeys cooked this way make great gifts also . OK...........I know....."All You may be a redneck jokes apply!!
              I do hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and a Merry Christmas.
              :h Nancy
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Nancy, I am so anxious to hear how the turkeys turn out after being fried and then frozen. Please let us/me know. Can't the oil be reused again and again, or is it a one time deal? Sounds so good.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey, Waves 2 kicked my butt 7 days ago. The swelling has finally subsided and I'm back.

Thanks Waves. I needed that. :l

Comment

I love reading the posts.... Bras??? hmmm... as we get older I can only think...National Geogrphic Woman...roll 'em up and tuck 'em in!

Hawk- everytime I see or hold a baby....I want another. I am 38. I see my kids growing so fast (4 & 7) and I just....I don't know. I think another would be nice. Glad you "came clean" with your feelings.

I had a date with my husband last night! We had not been "out" and alone since February. We had a great time! And, I must admit it was a little awkward. Like a First Date! It was nice to reconnect, and we promised each other that we need to do this at least once a month...silly and stupid that we don't find alone time for us more often.

Warm thoughts to all,
                    Kim

Comment

Those National Geographic women don't have kayaks to "work" those "pecks"...

One of the perks of paddling...
                      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Hi all, sorry for not mentioning you all in person, I soooo wouldn't want to miss anyone and i'm not used to you all yet......

Beth thanks for sharing that it bought a lump to my throat :l

Bra's .......... Hmmm........... I once sat up drinking when hubby had gone to bed (well in fact i sat up drinking many more times than once LOL) but this time I bought a really Kinky kingerie set off ebay, and couldn't remember till it arrived.............

Hubby was well pleased and for some reason started pouring me drinks more often...............

Love and hugs to you all :l :h :l
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                        X