Monday 18th December 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just poppin in to say hello.... I'm studying Alegebra all day today (trying to clep out of a pre-requisite I dont want to have to take in January), so this Algebra book is now falling apart because for some strange reason it keeps hitting the wall at 90 mph! Cant imagine HOW that is happening. So cant stay now, but promising myself no wine at all tonight no matter how mad polynomials and factoring makes me today. Okay, I need some tape now.

talk later....
    Allie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Hi everyone..just popping in myself! Lush, sounds like a wonderful time with your daughter..much more important than the 'to do' list..MM, I've been preparing for my grandkids to spend this next weekend..hopefully I'll have meals prepared in advance so all I have to do is play on the floor with them!!! MKR..thanks again for the notes from the universe...I needed to hear that this week..I've had a few slips with my efforts to stay in the present..one being my client from heLL that just won't go away!!! :0)

I've gained 5 lbs as well!!!! I've got to get a grip on that..my pants are getting too tight! After the holidays!
      Have a lovely day all!
      d

Comment

Wow guys
        I can't believe everything I miss when I dont have a computer at home and I am isolated from you all for the weekend :upset: I hate being out of the loop but I AM BACK! :yay: (only been "away" for 3 days and feels like 14!)
        Anyways, I would try to address everyone personally (mind you, that would take me all day given how many of us there are now!!) but I have a lot of reading to catch up on - both at work and on these boards!:H
        Sounds like everyone is hanging in there as the holidays are coming upon us. We decorated the Christmas tree this weekend and went to a pot luck on Saturday. This was a group of very heavy drinkers but I have to say - I was one of the most reserved in terms of drinking...(VERY rare, believe me). I went home after a really fun, good night - paced myself, don't have any memory 'blanks" etc. All in all, good.
        So, gotta keep catching up! I HATE being out of the loop (oh, did I say that already !
        Love all
        Jen
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hey Beautifuls!!
          Lush--I loved that song! And I am so not a Clay Gaykin fan--it made me cry..especially when he sings, "this fight is just as frustrating as hell..." isn't it. I feel so emotional lately..must be the holidays! Things just bring be to tears. I'm sad about that climber in Oregon, Judie...I get teary picturing your nephew there at the restaurant and how happy that must be for you...
          Rach--loved your pic the other day!
          Jen--Awesome job the other night at the potluck!
          Allie--who needs Algebra anyway?? by the way what is it that you're going to major in??
          mkr--what a great mom you are! My son's running around in his underwear right now. I guess I should be pleased he has underwear on.
          Di-the way I've been baking (and eating) I've managed to gain a few too...ugh!
          Hawk--I too, am thinking of you for the good news on Wednesday!
          Back to the baking! sm-mary

Comment

I am glad you liked the song. FYI, it was not a Clay Aiken song which is why I was confused why all of his pictures were in the video. It is by the Gabe Dixon band who I had never heard of but love them now!!!

P.S. And Jen, I know your finances are NONE of my business but last I heard lawyers make pretty good money. Think you could splurge for a computer at home for Christmas??!!! I miss you on the weekends.........LOL
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi all!!!

I was so excited this morning because I was going to be the second post on here...I had a really great post going, and then somehow the whole thing went *poof* and was gone anyway, now it is later in the afternoon and I guess I will try again!!

Good day here today. I had a busy morning testing. Actually, it was really cool. I had a 6 year old who did something I never experienced before. If any of you have seen "rainman" you may remember the part where Rainman looked at a box of dropped matches and could immediately tell you how many were in the box on the floor. Well, that is called "Idiot savant" (hate that term). This kid that I tested is not autistic, but he has that feature, apparantly. He isn't particularly bright, but when I got to the math section of my testing, he was shooting off anwers without even contemplating the answers....it was unbelievable. Really cool!!!!! Difficult problems that anyone would need to think about. Wild.

Anyway, my holiday shopping is about done. Good thing since we celebrate Channukah, which started on Friday. :H Actually, it is 8 days long, and we have 7 gifts for each of our kids, so we are only one gift short (we give one per night). I was telling a few on chat the other night about my son, who was a riot the other day!! He wanted to get my daughter these PJ's she wanted for the holiday. He is 15. She wanted these PJ's from Victoria's Secret. Not sexy, but that is where they were sold. SO....off we went to the store. We were there about 1/2 hour choosing the one's she would like. I thought he was going to have a HEART ATTACK!!!!! The sweat was just POURING off his face.....Surrounded by all those woman sorting through all that LINGERIE.....He must have asked me 50 times (voice cracking as it does most the time these days)..."mom...can't we just get her the gift certificate and get OUT OF HERE????" It was really funny.

Anyway, he is a good sport, and she loved the PJ's....Gotta love it...He is such a cutie!!:h

Becca....Reading your post and thinking of you.....I know what you mean about remembering the good drinking times...but we too often DON'T remember the less good ones. I for one went to a party saturday night...drank....didn't enjoy it...disappointed my hubby...again....and woke up on Sunday only to be upset and sorry. SO, that is what you are missing.....

Anyway, today is a new day...Hope you all are having a good one.

Love to all

Beth
              formerly known as bak310

Comment

Beth what a great story about your little "Rainman", that must have been amazing to witness!

I'd love to have been @ the store shopping with you & your son too! That sounds hilarious.:H Poor kid.
                My sister swears her son is really mine because he's just a bit "twisted" like his Aunt Judie...wander what she means by that

Yep today is a new day. Hope ya enjoy it:h

:l Judie
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I've missed you - and this is the post from he**

Beware: This is the post from hell. Apologies in advance.

I am so behind in reading and posting. So much is going on and I feel like a slouch for not keeping up! I was busy, busy, busy on Saturday ? the tree is up and getting it up was no problem. Usually, getting the tree up in the stand and secure and straight is the beginning of divorce proceedings ? it causes such tension. But this last year I found the most amazing tree stand and it was up in 10 minutes ?I KID YOU NOT. :eeks: So that was good. We get a large, large tree so it does take a while to do it but I love it and I am delighted with the result. We went to see a movie Saturday eve ? The Pursuit of Happyness. This is by far one of the best films I have seen in a very long time. It is excellent and I highly recommend it. It speaks volumes on character, determination, parenting and love. I left so filled with emotion and admiration for the main character and only wish I had in my whole body the stuff that fills his pinky. You must see it. It is especially poignant for this time of year. Ok ? enough movie talk (I do not work for the studio).

Tumadre ? I am so happy to see you back and I am happy you got through a tough time with family. Sounds like some strong personalities and I am glad you shined. You are a gem and I am so happy to see you back!

Gypsi ? Still thinking of you and hoping you are ok. Enjoy Mexico!

Judie ? What is going on out there??? God you guys have had your share of disasters and sadness. But to have your nephew home and at your table? That must have made your heart just grow 10 times its size. I hope you enjoy the time together and he never gets any further than Texas. Your friend?s column was great. I will share it with your permission.

Allie ? I am laughing about your husband heaving 3 glasses of wine not in a mean-spirited way but because I wish my body would do that! My husband had his FIRST hangover in September. He?s 56. He thought he needed to go to the emergency room. I laughed my ass off (privately of course). Glad your daughter is ok ? she sounds like a super kid. You should be proud! And ? no matter what they tell you, you will never use the Pythagorean Theorem again in life ? hang in with the algebra.

Becca ? You are making such progress and I am so happy for you. Day by day is the only way to go. I wish someone would text me in mass ? my priest is the dullest padre alive.:upset:

Waves ? Wallpaper smell ? really strange. Hopefully it is NOT cheese but rather some funny glue. I have this reed diffuser from Yankee Candle. It is very strong (I have Mistletoe) and it fills the room. It is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than a candle. They have them at Linen?s N?Things but here is a link just to see. Yankee Candle Reed Diffuser Mistletoe - Reed Diffusers - NEW! - GrandmasGiftware.com

Perhaps one of those might help with the smell?

Hillary ? Glad o see you! You have made some great goals. I hope to be more vigilent with drinktracker - its an eyeopener. I am glad you are here.

MM ? You are a ball of energy ? that is for certain! No wonder you don?t gain weight ? you don?t have time! If you want, I?d be happy to give you some and you could lose it for me! Sounds like a great holiday for you! Keep it up and good luck with all your son?s applications and such!

>Sophie ? I love the story of the kittie house and of your son ? the papers can wait! (Not forever, but for a while). Kittie house is more important (and fun). I had a teacher who was notorious for never grading papers ? like it took him 3 weeks! He always said something like, ?I was going to grade your papers last night but my neighbor came over.? He was also an undertaker and so later in life I decided that his tardiness in returning papers was not because he did not want to do it but simply because he saw the value of enjoying life as it unfolded before him. And I grew to love him for teaching me that.

Lush ? I am thrilled you had a great mother-daughter day. I treasure those with my Mom now more than ever ? and they can be such simple things! Do not boycott Christmas. Do not be a scrooge! The cards are a huge pain in the ass. Labels woman! Labels! I run the envelopes through the PC ? bec/husband will not let me label. It makes all the difference. Then, after Christmas, get all cards together and do list for next year. It is amazing how much faster it goes. This is the only way I could ever keep up with it all. I am having a hard time with holiday spirit this year but I am getting there. All I have left I baking and that is tonight and tomorrow. Then I start cooking. We have company Friday-Monday. I have all the meals planned, now I just have to get the loan from the bank to buy all the food!!! HAHHAHA. Hang in Lush ? You will get it done. You inspired and motivated me so??get your butt in gear girl. That Claus dude is-a-comin?.

Rachele ? Glad to see you! I love the avatar! Charlie Brown? Its one of my favorite Christmas specials.

SM Mary ? Your support has been a godsend and I hope you know that. I had no idea how much we had in common.

Mary ? I loved your quote from the universe. It was aptly fitting for my life in the past two days. Thank you! The story about your son is so awesome. Its so great to see kids recognize how much their parents do for them and for a parent, I think it has to be a blessing to know you raised such a wise, considerate and compassionate child. It has to make it all worthwhile! Thanks for your prayers as well. It means so much.

Fan ? Basketball and bras ? we know!! Teasing! Hope all is well with you and the wee ones.

Macks! ? Where are you? Are you well? Are the boys ?back in shape??

Di ? Enjoy the time with the grandkids ? that will take care of the 5 lbs too!!!

Jennah ? I hear you on the posts ? its so much to keep up with but at the same time ? all you want to do is check in! Great job on the time with the heavy drinkers. I still have not figured out how to deal with them on my end?..

Beth ? Loved the story about Victoria?s Secret! What a trooper! And the message to Becca about what you are missing really hit home too ? becuae I think about it a lot. And what I?d be missing, I miss anyway?.sooo??. It?s a bit better now but not where I want it to be. Meant to speak with you about your comment a few days ago on unstructured time ? I think we have some similar circumstances and should chat! I?d love your insight.

OK ? I probably missed some stuff and it is not intentional. So if I did ? sorry! Just wanted to acknowledge what?s been going on and say thank you for all of you. Your support and friendship and understanding mean more than you can know. Love you guys ? big hugs all around! What the hell ? its Christmas ? kisses too!!!:h
                  Hawk

Comment

holy Hawk!! Awesome to get to everyone!
                    I always forget people when I do that...like I gotta take notes and make a log or something!
                    Lush, I did want to say that I loved that song. I'm not a Clay Aiken fan, but ya gotta admit it was a nice little tribute. Anyhow, the song definitely has relevance to us, doesn't it? Thank you for posting it.
                    Day 8, going on 9 tomorrow of abs. Yup, I'm down about 2 pounds since last wk too. Virtually no cravings except for that really bad one Saturday that lasted about 2 HOURS. ugh.

Have a great evening, everyone. Hubby outta town and will be a lot this wk. I'd normally take the opportunity to drink when I can't "get in trouble". But I'm proud of myself and feeling great. I don't want to sabotage myself, just because I "can". It's like I always thought there was a critical booze shortage or something...Thank you Beth for the reminder about NOT remembering those certain times....oh YEAH. There were some awesome times when I wasn't totally tanked though. I'll deal with it, in time.

Ok, take care!

Comment

Oh, it is quieter in here this week than I expected. They have not brought me the info to get started on the January project. I have one freelancer coming in for the rest of the week to help put together the game plan of who works on what parts of what projects over the next couple months. Keeping my fingers crossed, so far he has been really great to have on board.

Di, client from HELL, I am sorry I know those. Just got the request for submission to Addy Awards. Eight really fun coasters as the invitation. One says," Client's son designed the logo. HEY! WE ALL WIN." another says "It's not the size of your logo, it's where you put it." They are all funny, well from a designer point of view. I emailed my client from HELL last week and told her exactly what my normal schedule was, sent out my pdf's of brochure, logo and website design packages which I had given to her originally and then explained how I work and how organized and cost effective that package turns out to be. When I finished with her she was apologizing for the multiple emails and has backed down and quieted down to a reasonalble client.. . at least this week. Good luck!

Judie, I am so happy for you that you have your nephew back for awhile. I bet his stories are amazing and sad. Hope you get a lot of time with him, you must be so proud! I am also sorry about everyone getting lost in your area. Too cold for that!

SM Mary, Yeah! you got to bake! Underwear, good for him. . who really needs them?! Under embarassing moments I posted my son's tale of the beach sans suit.

Becca, you sound really good for a week in ABS. We are all so very proud of you and happy on your progress!! Yes, hang in while he is not around, you CAN do this!!

Allie, how is the book doing now? So glad to hear you had a nice weekend! Sounded Fun! You will do wonderfully in school this next semester. When my oldest first told me about his genetics class a few years ago, I was wishing I could be a full time student again. LOVED being a student!

Beth, too funny a story about your son - a total sweetheart! We played a dreidel game Sunday with pennies. First for a few of us and I could understand how young kids would get such a kick outta that one. We are all working on our progress here and it takes some time. You can do this, I know it! Your rainman story, brings back fond memories of a boy I baby sat when I was 13. I think he had autistic tendencies but he was 2 and half and could read a full newspaper for anyone. He talked in a monotone and I could hardly get him to smile ever. He did hold my hand and I took him to my house every afternoon to give his mom a break with his younger sister. I quit taking him to our house when my older sister was around as she would tease the H outta that poor little boy. You could tell he couldn't process that very well. Be interesting to see what this kids turns out like in the end.

Rachele, hope all is going well for you. Finished baking, decorating and shopping? Bet you are!

Gypsi, so nice to hear from you. Mexico sounds like a great idea. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Fan, bras and basketballs . . I do miss a ton not being in chat!

Tumadre, great to see you here. Hope all is looking up!

MM, Good for you and I hope the apps are going well. He will do super . . . you know that right?!! I love my MIL but can not tell you how horrible her baked, sweet potato, low calorie latkes version was last night. I love the real thing!! When we got home my husband said, I do not know how my parents keep that kind of weight on when my mom cooks so horribly. What the heck was that orange stuff on my plate? there were nine of us there and no one except my In laws at the table were on a diet. NO ONE!! I didn't see any of that other cool stuff you mentioned!

Sophia, I can't wait to be a grandma!! Sounds too wonderful!!

Waves, hope your health is hanging in yourself. Lush don't read this . . .Oldest told me yesterday he put his SI out doing a dive while coaching his kids on Friday evening. Same side and everything. He went to the doctor today so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I messed mine up first time at 29, he is only 23.

Jenneh, Great JOB, on the party. You should pat your self on the back!!

Hawk, in my thoughts and prayers for Wednesday you will do well. Thoughts of calm and peace coming your way. . . it will be gone and over with before you know it.

Hilary, Laura, Paula, PP, Tawny, Kizzie Cat, Eustacia, Dove, Owly, Changemylife, Ivygoodluck, Paul, Macks, Tinkerbell and any I missed not my intention!

Hugs and Love to all.
                      Mary

With that guy in my office don't think I will get a chance to come back.

Comment

No, no, no!!! The song is not by Clay Aiken, hence why I was confused as to why they made a video of him to that song. It is by The Gabe Dixon Band. Please? Do you take me as a Clay Aiken lover? Ugh!!!!

Comment

Okay--did nobody get that I referrered to him as Clay Gaykin? I was cracking myself up...but then again, nobody was getting that the song was not by him....ugh me!!
                          I love that SONG!
                          sm-mary

Comment

SM, I did not let that comment pass but I was more concerned about ME and not wanting people to think I liked him, gay or not. Nothing wrong with gay, just cannot stand his girly music. It was selfish moment on my part and in the future I will give a hearty guffaw at anything you say that is remotely funny, okay hon?

Comment

Lusch, you kill me. You're hilarious.
                              Love jen
                              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                              X