Tuesday, December 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, December 19th

Hi Everybody! This has turned out to be a very cheery topic! It is so fun to look at our "ideosyncrasies" (sp?). Eustacia, we are Messianic Jew, so there may be a place for your child in that forum -- it is a growing movement where Jewish people and Christian people come to terms with their beliefs -- it is wonderful.

Jenneh -- I used to work in pension and estate planning corporate law. I actually got into environment by serving on a hospital board in an industrial environment, was on their Qualitative Control Committee to determine if deaths were being caused by doctor malfeasance or the high rate of hazardous waste and toxins -- later did one advanced graduate course to write a thesis on Environmental Industrial Parks (a reall con to the public regarding already unfair product liabilities laws) and my new career was born! If you are really interested in environment, get involved as a volunteer at your local Sierra Club, tell them that over time you might want to consider career options. You can make a lot of money in this industry, but it takes time, so plan on a gradual change. I like it because I'm really diversified. I write non-profit watershed plans, policy & procedure manuals, draft legislation, get codes and ordinances changed, do association management throughout North America; mediation and negotiation is my favorite. Also, when I was young I went to The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Manhatten, won the National Thespian Award, and sang, danced, tri-state commerical kind of stuff -- even did some modeling though it was only for the fashion houses since I was so short. Throughout my life, I have represented news of the fields that I was in finance, law, now environment on television and radio programs -- so its a lot of diversity. But you can basically write your own ticket in environment, it is so wide open. My favorite is marine mammel. But unfortunately, the people that I agree with, which is saving them, go about it the wrong way -- they genuinely act like lunatics most of the time -- not a real good way to get legislation changed! But I still work on it from time to time.

On another note, I cannot believe how much we all have in common!!! I am only 5'2" and under 110 lbs. My husband is 5'8". I can drink him under the table as well. In fact, when I used to be in finance my clients used to remark about how nobody could drink as much as I do. I seem to stay in control (though now my definition is different - meaning that I don't get that "high" feeling as opposed to always knowing who and where I am and holding myself like I'm sober).

We are also similar on the food. When I met my husband, I invited him over for my homemade lasagne. I gave him two little pieces and I ate the rest of the pan (at least he knew what he was getting into). Now I still eat a lot, but the Perricone Diet really does keep the weight off and keeps the body in pretty good shape.

I need to get to work. LOL

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Tuesday, December 19th

Hi everyone -

I know its going to be politically incorrect, but I love a real tree. A realllly big, live tree. Always have. I do try to plant one on Arbor Day so maybe its a wash?

Trying to finish up a few last minute items here - the damn cookies to be precise. Everything else is in good shape (I think!) So, there you have it!

Have a great night all - Thinking of you guys.
      Hawk

Comment

Tuesday, December 19th

I too am a carnivore, Fan. No apologies here. And I generally kill spiders. Sorry all.
        Hawk

Comment

Tuesday, December 19th

I'm with you Fan and Hawk.... eat meat and stomp spiders. But I eat tons of veggies too and not a whole LOT of meat.

I've been finishing up x-mas shopping today -- amazing that it takes five hours to find stocking stuffers, wrapping paper and scotch tape... and a couple of other things. Basketball tonight with my son, so crazy day! But nice change from Algebra all day yesterday.

Hubby flew to Mexico this morning to meet with a big customer who has been having problems with their product, but got his ticket changed today and will fly right back home tomorrow instead of Friday night. Huge relief. He is taking the remainder of the month off and through the 5th of Jan, so that will be nice change!

AF last night... on second glass of wine tonight, but feeling the sleepies kicking in, so going to take advantage of that!

This wisher is wishing all my wishees peace and no stress!

Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Tuesday, December 19th

You all have me cracking up!!! I am a BIG meat eater!!! Protein keeps you young and thin!!!! I have always had live trees -- I think it was just a moment I was going through! My mother changed my attitude when she talked about how great the trees refurbish the ground once they are made into compost. I was kind of surprised that she had taken the time to think it through.

I certainly don't judge anybody for getting rid of pests (unless we're talking about the kind on two legs -- just kidding).

Lots of Love,
            MM
            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Working...
            X