Good by 2011 Hello 2012 and MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am beginning my journey. I drink a bottle of wine a night and I have for years. Lately I've had a couple glasses of wine with lunch 3 days a week..not good! There have been times I've embarrassed my family at occasions and I am ashamed of that! Eventually I want to be a grandma and I want my kids to trust me with the little critters. I also have my own business and no one to depend on but me. I can't keep slipping...So time to pull it together.

My goal is moderation. My plan..I am going to spend 21 days in abstinence and then try to keep the drinking to only socially and only 1 drink per event. I love Pellegreno water with lime. It will be my new drink to relax me after work.. I've gained weight and gotten out of shape. I'm not going to grow old and frail because I let the booze win!

Whew..that's a mouth full. I've read a lot of your posts and you all inspire me. I don't pretend to think this is going to be easy but I am thankful to have a place to go where you all are and feel safe.

Happy 2012 and thank you for being here.
    :new:

Welcome Issy!:welcome:

I saw you post on the word association thread which is just a fun place and not wordy, even though it's all about words! So I looked for your other posts to see if there was a place I could make a proper welcome. Here it is! You have certainly got a good motivation to conquer alcohol. Several actually, from the sound of it.

I wish you well on your journey. I myself had hoped to be able to moderate after some abstinence time, but in spite of several attempts, I just don't seem to be able to do that. One-two drinks simply does not cut it for me anymore. In fact that just leaves me craving more and if I can't have it, I feel grumpy and irritable. Not the fun one-two used to be. I'm back after a hiatus where I tried to moderate. I've decided AF is better. Not always easy at first, but better. Clear mind, clear conscience, level mood, better health....all good.

Good luck to you.:h
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome

Thank you for the welcome and encouraging messages. I appreciate the tool box already!

I'm writing my plan right now. :thanks:

Comment

Hi and welcome Issy to mwo,Its good to have a plan, Go for your goals they are not impossible,hope to see you posting around the forum.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Welcome Issy.
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

welcome welcome.. I think it sounds like a great plan. I hope the moderation thing works for you. I would love to be able to do that. but sadly i cannot...
            hope to hear from you again
            caper
            AF since Sept 2013...
            :alf:

Comment

Welcome Issy, I hope you can moderate. I switch from wanting to stop and wanting to moderate and after being on this forum for a few years with a few A/F periods, I am happy to say that I am getting better and better at moderating. I haven't had a horror show in over a year. I too drink red wine and have all the freedom in the world as I work for the family business. I just became a Granny last year and I'll be damned if the little one will ever see me drunk. I am totally understanding of your reasoning and if, for whatever reason, you disappoint yourself, my advice to you is to get right up back in the saddle. The more tries and failures I have had since starting this journey, the closer I have become to the type of drinker (or non-drinker) I want to be. I hope you reach your goals and end up being a happy moderator.

Take care and keep posting.
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thank you all of you! I am developing a plan as I write this!

I joined the YWCA today..that will keep my hands and the rest of me busy for a while each evening I can get there.

I found a beverage called Sassy water that I made last night. It's good, perhaps you gave already heard about it. It's 1/2 a peeled cucumber sliced, a lemon sliced, a tsp of grated ginger and 12 spearmint leaves into 2 quarts and a cup of water. Steep over night and drink the entire amount the next day.

I've got to say I've been drinking a long time but I have to make a conscious effort to get all that water down. Funny, booze was never a problem i many times drank a couple bottles of wine.

Take care and I'll keep in touch with all of you! Cheers, here's to Sassy water.

Comment

Hello my fellow Washingtonian. Come see us at the daily thread too. Are u from Issaquah? I'm originally from Aberdeen, but now on the E side. Anyway, glad you are here and welcome! :l

Comment

Hi Hart,

Thank you for the welcome. I was lived in Issaquah over 20 years but I'm in Auburn now. I look forward to keeping in touch.

I made it through the first (long) evening and today is a new day!

Comment

I have a sister living in Issaquah on the plateau. What a beautiful part of the U.S. Going to try that Sassy water. Sounds yummy and healthy.
                      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi...i am also on the Eastside....and now I am craving sassy water!

Comment

Working...
                        X