Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a very silly question

Hi All

I seem to have the concept of monthly moderation well in hand these days YAY! and what a spectacular improvement it has made to my life. But? what I have noticed now, is that any consumption of al shows in my face, even when I only have one drink. It?s not a good look! Can anyone else relate to this? I am quite sure that this hasn?t always been the case and seems to be almost like it may be age-related (I?m in my 40?s now). Even as I write this, I can see how frivolous it must sound so my apologies in advance, I am just curious to know if this is unusual, and if not, why it happens.

Thanx for reading
    Don't tell me it can't be done until I'm finished doing it.

Shanny, this used to happen to me quite a bit. It was extremely embarrassing, as people always seemed to noticed my unnaturally red face. I noticed if I had gotten pretty drunk one night and drank again the next night, it was more likely to happen. One thing I've learned from reading about it is that it might be related to dehydration. Which would explain [above]. Drink plenty of water the day you're planning to drink (as is always recommended regardless). Also, heard that some people take pepcid or an anti-histamine before drinking. I haven't ever tried that, but in theory it sounds plausible.

Or, you could try abstinence.

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Thanks

:thanks: for your input Library girl. I hadn't thought of dehydration. Of course..just not drinking would fix the problem but i find that my journey towards abstinence is a process of small victories.
      Blessed be
      Don't tell me it can't be done until I'm finished doing it.

Comment

I didn't explain, but another theory is allergic reaction to the histamines? in wine...or something in wine, I forget, lol. That's the reason for taking an antihistamine beforehand. Pepsid, I guess is to reduce the acid, which also may be a contributor. Good luck!

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

It can also be an allergy to sulphides used as a preservative - stops the wine going off and tasting foul I get a slight flushed look but my ears go red!! The more I drink the worse it gets so another good reason to go easy
          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Working...
          X