3 weeks of Moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 weeks of Moderation

so 3 weeks ago i decided to give up hard liquor. I had a problem controlling my self when it came to drinking that stuff. When drinking hard liquor. I had no limts. No self control and experienced a lot of life problems when it came to it. So after almost blacking out and getting into a fight at a wedding party i deiced it was time to part my ways with the hard. I enjoy drinking in social environments and i don't like to hide from my problems. I understand alcoholism is a big problem amongst people but i never considered my self one. I've stopped drinking for 90 days in the starting of the year and did it with no problems. No cravings, no withdrawals nothing. I drink a lot on the weekends, mostly hard. Thats when things would get out of hand. Now im trying to stick with only beer. I cant do wine because i don't know when to stop with that either but beer. I only can drink so much of it and get tired of it. So i laid down a few moderation rules so i can follow when im drinking in public.

1. Only drink beer
    2. 3 beers limit.
    3. When going out at night only drink between 9:00pm - 12:00am. Drink water, cranberry and soda water , redbull and soda water if you need a drink in your hand.
    4. If you are day drinking you cant drink at night. Limit of beers still apply.
    5. If on vacation limit of beers can only reach 6 for the entire day and night.
    6. If anyone offers you a shot or buys you a drink that is hard liquor. Say No politely.
    7. Only drink 1 time a week if do decide you want to drink.

Thats all i have so far. I hope to expand on these rules. Wish me luck.

3 weeks of Moderation

Sounds like a plan. Good luck.
    Love and Peace,
    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

3 weeks of Moderation

Sounds good. I have limited myself to beer as well. I haven't had any this week, and really don't want any. I like Mike's lemonade best, if I must drink a beerish type drink. Good luck!

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

3 weeks of Moderation

Yes, that sounds like a plan...good luck with it and let us know how it works out please!
        Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
        (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

3 weeks of Moderation

So the weekend has passed and everything went well for me moderation my drinking. Saturday afternoon i went to a BBQ where they had a keg. I only drank about 2 beers in about a 3 hour period. Later that night ( 3 hours later) me and a couple of friends watched the UFC fight. I drank a 1.5 beers more. I did go over my limit but i did stop drinking after I hit my mark. I started to drink on soda for the rest of the night. I helps to have something in your hand when your talking to people or in a big social environment. I think i did well. Today is Sunday and i do not plan on doing any drinking. Lets see how next weekend comes along.

Comment

3 weeks of Moderation

Sounds good so far, I have found that allowing yourself a tiny little bit of flexibility when modding can really help. Just do not get too lose with the rules.

Comment

3 weeks of Moderation

looking forward to hearing how it goes next weekend - going to start moderating myself after my 10 day cleanse. :-)

Comment

Working...
              X