Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Success modders for more than 1 year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm a newbie:

I have about 8 AF days in and just coming from newbies nest. As most of you know, the philosophy there is there is no successful moderators.

How many of you consider yourselves as successful moderators and how much on average do you drink per day or per week or per month. And how long have you been doing it?

How many of you failed at moderation?

I'm trying to decide once I'm strong enough whether to moderate or to abstain. M
    Thanks
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Alcoholic;1400282 wrote: Hi, I'm a newbie:

I have about 8 AF days in and just coming from newbies nest. As most of you know, the philosophy there is there is no successful moderators.

How many of you consider yourselves as successful moderators and how much on average do you drink per day or per week or per month. And how long have you been doing it?

How many of you failed at moderation?

I'm trying to decide once I'm strong enough whether to moderate or to abstain. M
    Thanks
    Hi again Alcoholic,

Where do you find your energy?

I am going to say this even though I will probably get shit ripped out of me for doing so.

You came to MWO 12 days ago saying you drank 1-2 bottles of wine per day and were drinking at work and risking losing your job.
    You said you have been drinking for 20 years.

Your job is substance abuse counseling.

During your first two days you reported withdrawal symptoms and at day 3 had a couple of glasses of wine, but have since been able to abstain.

You have reported none of the usual complaints of the early abstainant, in fact you have been quite buoyant.

I had a really easy quit too, no cravings, no withdrawals ..... And yet for the first 2 weeks I was mentally and emotionally exhausted. I could hardly step outside the nest or string a sentence together.
    In my first two weeks I made about 90 posts.

You have made nearly 300 posts, started 10 threads asking questions which sound much like those a researcher would ask.
    AGE, NATIONALITY, SHOULD ALCOHOL BE BANNED, AA vs MWO. WHAT IS YOUR BEST TOOL

You now ask a question of moderators worded in such a way as to generate ill feeling and thereby provoke a response.

I think you are researching, I do not believe you have a drink problem and I certainly don't think you give a damn how much upset you cause whilst getting answers to your questions.

If your response is that you just have an enquiring mind then might I suggest you satisfy it by going back through the millions of posts made by members which you can peruse at your leisure without creating the havoc posts like this are likely to do.

Any members that take offense at this apparent attack should check the veracity of what I am claiming before jumping all over me.
    (And if you still decide to do so, be aware that I really don't give a flying f**k)

Comment

alcoholic I don't think you'll get much response because what I've noticed happens, is that the really long term modders often tend to just leave the board, sometimes for long periods of time, sometimes forever, because I think they just get on with life. I think that's probably true for a lot of long term abbers as well, and once a person feels like they don't need support anymore they move on and stop visiting the forums. Eve is the longest term modder here right now, she's only just come back after a long break as well because she was just focused on other things in her life.

DG

ps. kuya, the weird thing is that I didn't even think alcoholic was here for research until one poster suggested it and then I started thinking about it, but I think that particular poster is a little erratic right now so it could just be paranoia. I know there are a few people here who work in different fields with addicts/alkies and still have developed drinking problems themselves so I don't think it's that unusual. What stands out to me though, is that alcoholic makes no secret of the work she does which is why I take her at what she says, because she didn't have to tell us that and probably wouldn't if she was just researching.

Comment

Hi one and all,

I have been posting in the long term moderators section for over a year. If you are interested, you can look me up, read my tale of woe in the My Story section, follow my posts, look at the Drink Tracker and make your own assessment. Medical science and ultrasounds seem to verify that my present alcohol use is consonant with excellent health. FarfallaP
        . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Kuya: excuse me for not responding to your question because it would just create more drama/anger/paranoia/hurtful words thrown back and forth unnecessarily. If you want to, you can go to CP and ignore all my posts.

Drink gal: you're probably right. So most people post in the October long term moderation forum?
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Oh for those wondering why I post so much in short period of time it's because I have my phone w me 24/7 and I use it somewhat obsessively on this site to prevent myself from an alcohol problem I guess now some people don't think I have.
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Farfallap:

I just checked your record: it's very impressive. That's the kind of record I would eventually like to have of at all possible. But I don't know if I could do it without the help w kudzu and l glutamine. Ideally I don't want to use them at all and still an still be able to do that, but I don't know if I could. May ask if you use anything to help you or are you just to do it on your own? I know I would have 0 AF days without kudzu and l glut so I wonder if I could actually ever go to mod without them. What are your thoughts?
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Alcoholic, don't worry about what a few people think, to be honest you wouldn't be the first at the boards to be accused of not being what you say. I think it usually happens because the accuser is either drunk or going through withdrawal and wigging out a bit, and as much as some people like to believe they have some sixth sense about things, they're just being oversensitive IMO.

DG

Comment

IMO it is almost entirely a mind game, and I credit the CDs, available from this website, with helping me to re-train my own brain. For the first months, I followed Roberta's program to a tee, with the exception of the magnesium, which upset my tummy. I discontinued the Topamax early on as well, as it did not seem to help and I disliked the side effects. Once I used up the original supply of Kudzu and other items, I stopped using them too...never noticed any effects from them, either way.
                  I used milk thistle for a long time, as it helped my rosacea, which is now a thing of the past. I still continue the All One, order it thru VitaCost.
                  I try hard to not get too Hungry, Angry, Lonesome or Tired... Using HALT, as it is known.
                  And, I continue to work on retraining my mind. Good luck in your quest! FFP
                  . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

FarfallaP: milk thistle helped your rosacea? oh that is SO good to hear! I have it so bad! ever since I was pregnant! i have the reddest face! you have just given me GREAT hope!!!! THANKS!

and i'm also stoked you have found a pattern that works - thanks for sharing your story - it's things like this that are very helpful to me!

Comment

Hi dangrog ,

Yes, the milk thistle helped Immediately. Once I accidentally got some with added things, dandelion ? I think, and THAT upset my digestion, but the plain milk thistle was wonderful. I also used lysine capsules as well, but quit them once I used up the bottle. In the past I had tried tetracycline, to no avail, as well as topical metro gel, also to no avail.
                      cutting down on the booze helped the most, I suspect, but the milk thistle helped even right at the beginning, before I got braver! also, several years ago, I had the laser therapy, with the Candela Vbeam laser, which really helped a lot, too.
                      Now my face rarely gets red, even with the occasional glass or two of wine which I allow myself. High altitude isn't good for me, either...if I must be at a high altitude for a few days, I chug the milk thistle.
                      Vanity is a great motivator, I am humbled to report! FFP

Comment

You have milk thistle in a liquid? I didn't know it came like that too. I have the capsules, although I never take them lol. I spent a fortune practically on supplements that I don't use.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

No, sorry, I mis-spoke...it's not in liquid form. I guess I gobbled them down?
                          I, too, have an entire shelf full of unused supplements...sigh... FFP

Comment

oh that's so great to know! i've been on milk thistle for 6 days and have noticed a difference - but i also think that no drinking and lots of water is also helping. for sure now i'm going to keep the milk thistle on hand even when i ween off other supplements. you're so sweet for sharing! i used to have awesome skin. after 2nd pregnancy, i got major red as well as dark spots, like stamps on my face. not freckles. really bad. i sorta looked like when my three year old puts on makeup. just bad. :-)

Comment

I've heard of milk thistle helping liver but never rosacea! Great advice. Thank you FFP

Drinkingal:
                              I'm pretty new at this online thing and I'm leaning fast about what to do and what not to do. I'm pretty naive. Thanks for the advice and I think I'm getting the gist of it!

Gang rog: will pm you. Just got back from work. Talk to you more....
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                              X