Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Days AF Monthly Moderation

Day 5
    If the headache would only precede the intoxication, alcoholism would be a virtue.
    ~ Samuel Butler

Think about the great things you’re doing for your body by not drinking. Once you have stopped drinking, it’s good to remind yourself about how you have turned things around and how your health is and will start to improve.

• You should feel an increase in motivation and energy level.
    • Sleep on the weekends should improve and you will feel rested when you wake up.
    • You won’t feel the funk on Sat. and Sun. morning.

:l
    Eve11

Pick an activity today to reward yourself for the progress you’ve made. Take a good deep breath and get yourself moving.
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Scottish lass: you must be living up in no. Ca. I'm in so. Ca and they are everywhere. Sorry about that... Do love my flowers... Tropical flowers especially. Sounds like you are a flower lover too!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

LibraryGirl;1404539 wrote: Never heard of elderflower soda, Free! I was thinking of root beer.:H Then you went and got exotic on me. I want some!
        :H Exotic, LOL. It's very nice LG you should try it, and not too sugary.

Good morning all. Well delighted to have had a great night?s sleep and woken up Saturday morning with a clear head ? yay!

Can?t say the last couple of evening?s witching hours have been a breeze but I have a mantra in my head now ? am I ready to sacrifice immediate gratification for long term benefits. I have had a more excited mindset on previous quits about being AF but I?m not worrying about this just yet. Softly, softly with myself and hopefully each day will build on the morning?s good feeling until, with any luck, it extends through the witching hour. I?m hoping this slow build will naturally take deeper root in my consciousness until it?s no longer a problem ? Ladybird like! Well that?s what I say this morning anyway ? we shall see how Saturday night feels.

Eve, yoga this morning so I shall meditate on the health benefits today and yes, I hope not to feel the funk Sunday morning.

Alcoholic ? I?m very much the flower lover too. I may just buy myself some today as Saturday?s reward.

Lassie, I hope you felt good this morning too. Catch up later.

Hi to DG, Sunbeam, FFP, DT and anyone else who pops into this thread. Have a great weekend all
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

FF: what better way to reward yourself than w nice flowers....
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Got roses yesterday instead of wine, and sitting looking at said roses wishing they woudl trun into wine as it is witching hour and I am beat after a crazy busy day - stayed busy to keep teh thoughts at bay, now exhausted and thirsty...it is 6:30pm - no wine in the house and no way to get any, so day 6 will almost be done.....just doing my check in....
            Yes Alcoholic, Northern Ca....
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Day 6

Drink Water, put the money in your pocket, and leave the dry-bellyache in the punchbowl. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Everyone who drinks to excess has at one time or another thought about how much money they’ve spent on use. Have you thought about how much you’ve spent since you started drinking? You may be amazed to find that the total can be many hundreds maybe even close to a thousand dollars.

Each day you don’t drink, you are paying yourself off. By thinking about those extra dollars, you can give yourself a boost in keeping up the good work. Not getting drunk adds real dollars and cents to your life — and if you could actually see the money, you wouldn’t want to let it all go down the toilet.

• Use a little bank or mug to put away the money you are saving.
              • Start a fund for holidays or birthdays.
              • Save the money so at the end of Day 30 you and a friend can go to lunch.
              • Begin saving for a shopping spree.
              • Support MWO for a mere $10 a month (price of a drink in many areas) so that others have a free site to come to when they are desperate and looking for their way out.
              Please note: Not sponsored by the company to say this, just thought I would as I rather like giving them $10 a month rather than the liquor store!!

p.s. Hang in there FFly-you are doing great!!! Co-incidence as I just saw a post tonight by someone sharing how much money they had spent on liquor and how they like the fact that now that money is in their pocket! Readers of this post, keep going for it!!
              Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all, I just thought I'd check in and see how freefly and scottishlass are doing.

Eve, I love your posts, so inspirational and they're giving me lots to think about too :goodjob:

Comment

Day 7 - yahoo - for some reason it feels like a major accomplishment to get to a week, and so much harder to think about breaking the string - I hope maybe this will stick.
                  Thanke Eve for the daily encouragement and gentle persuasion.
                  One question is regarding supplements - I am taking milk thistle in the hope to help any damage to my liver - do I carry on taking this for the rest of my life?
                  I really do appreciate the help and support I am getting here - it is a shame more people haven't jumped on this thread. Thanks for the check in DG:l
                  Hi to anyone else looking in here....

Comment

scottish lass;1405748 wrote: - it is a shame more people haven't jumped on this thread. Thanks for the check in DG:l
                    The beauty scottish lass is we never know who or how many are lurking and getting the support they need. It's all good.

Eve11

Comment

scottish lass;1405748 wrote: - it is a shame more people haven't jumped on this thread. Thanks for the check in DG:l
                      The beauty scottish lass is we never know who or how many are lurking and getting the support they need. It's all good.

Eve11

Comment

Day 7

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."
                        George S. Patton

You accepted the 30 day challenge and have completed 7 days! Congratulations. Mark this milestone with a small reward…you CAN do this so keep going!!!!!

There has been a lot of talk on our long term moderation site about calories from alcohol. The body tends to burn alcohol before food so just think…you are no longer filling your body with empty calories. Remember the sugar in alcohol was going right to the fatty tissues. It also was depleting your body of vitamin B12, thiamine, folic acid, and zinc. You could sit down and figure the number of drinks, times frequency and calories and look at how much time and exercise it would take to balance out the drinking. Actually NIAAA has a calorie calculator to do this. Go to this site to check it out:

Alcohol Calculators - BAC, Calories, Cost

So lets say you drank 5 light beers in a week. That totals 2,200 calories in a month and 26,400 calories in a year. Personally I’d rather have the chocolate cake.

Eve11
                        Here's to DAY 7!!

Comment

Scottish lass:

Hey, look, today you still have your roses! If they turned into wine yesterday, you would have drank it and , it would have turned into urine by now!!! So much nicer to have the roses than urine to look at, don't you think? . Keep strong!
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

I drank on Saturday evening. I woke up Sunday with the worst feeling of self hatred I?ve had in a long time. Loneliness triggered it but I do realise what a vicious circle this is. I chose to be kind to myself by the afternoon as no point in punishing myself further, and actually woke up with a smile on my face this morning. Sad it?s not 7 days for me but not giving up. It?s day 2 and I?d like to stay on this thread if that?s ok.

SL- great job on 7 days, well done friend :wd:
                            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hi Fly - self hatred gets us nowhere! Well done for waking with a smile, and I have learnt from each slip I have had, so learn and move on - you can do it and you will do it....
                              Good luck on Day 2 and lets just keep plugging along, gently gently....
                              Yes, AL (ps would love another name for you - might just call you plumeria - much prettier) - my roses are still alive, but sadly as they are hot house flowers they are fading much too quickly and such little smell! Will have to go buy more flowers...I love home grown roses, really can't beat them - I should learn my lesson!

Comment

My first post over here after about six weeks over in the newbies area -- a great landing place for newcomers, that's for sure.

My (beer) quit history goes like this: 14 days, 28 days, 6 days and now on day 2 of another quit / moderation effort. The 28 days equates to a month in my mind - think of February.

The big question now is do I moderate, or go for a 100% quit? Right now I'm going for the former with some well articulated rules in place for myself that I believe I can honor. As such and because of my fickle state, the motivation to step over into this thread as not to be a distraction to others getting started. Anyway, I find myself on a new track and a bit alone today. Thanks for "listening".
                                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Working...
                                X