The Mod Hatters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Hatters!

Al - It is hot here today. 91? Yuck! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope it all goes well.

Hope everyone is having a nice day. i worked for a couple of hours and now I'm just hanging out. I've been sorting thru papers. I've got to stop letting them get piled up so much. Luckily found a bill that had got buried in that stack though.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Nora: your husband should be a meteorologist!!! It's hot here too: around 90's! He's a genius! Thanks, Nora. Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Drinkingal: thank you, too. I'm glad that person didn't come find you after you testified against him/her. It's so scary to confront someone in person. Ill bet you will never want to have to through that again. Going to court is just never fun for anyone but Esp if that person knows where you live....
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Al, I agree that sugar cravings happen when you abstain from AL. I gave into mine and every other craving for a while. I've only started this low carb thing in the past 2 months. If you're recently trying to abstain, or are going for the long haul (30 or more days) for the first time I don't recommend trying to change your eating habits or trying to resist cravings as much, because we all know what we will reach for if we can't have our candy.

Hope everyone is doing well tonight/today. I love this time change! It's still early!

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hello everyone. Still haven't cut out the sugar completely but doing better. I must stay away from Double Stuft oreos. Those are my downfall. :H
            Hope everyone is doing well.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

My husband and I simply CANNOT stop eating those double stuff Oreos or the new white-colored ones...the only solution is to simply not buy them...they are just as irresistible as salted nuts, once I start...aargh!! The eternal battle of the bulge... Good luck to all of us battling on THAT front as well, as well as the poor folks bracing themselves for that nor'easter on the eastern seaboard. FFp
              . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Just reading this thread is making me crave those Oreos. I've been eating my son's candies. How shameful is that!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

hi

Hello 'Mod Hatters', this is Renewal (Mark). I created Newbies Nest a while back, and just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best of luck. Eve mentioned to me she was going to begin this new thread, so I wanted to take a peek. The Nest began small...as an idea. Now, well, it's sustained itself quite well over recent years. I hope for similar success for all of you here. In my opinion, this forum is for people of ALL types and needs, and should never pass judgement on individuals. I'm hardly around here anymore, but have heard that at times, this forum does not embrace that philosophy any more. You can make this particular thread whatever you wish, as it is 'your place'. I hope you find it to be a place of comfort in your moderation. Again, I wish you all the best.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Thanks renewal. I love that name! You should just come back and chat w us at times. This is just fun. Sometimes when I think, oh ill have a drink, then I think, we'll, then I have to tell my mwo members, nah, forget thy drink, it's not worth it! So this is definitely helping me to get more AF days!
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

I think they put some kind of drug in those double stuff oreos. Can't stop eating them. So, you're right FFP, I had to stop buying them. I would buy a package to take to work for the lunchroom. Hubby or son kept opening it at home before I could get it to work. AAARRRRGGGHHH - that meant I had to eat them. :H
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Mark - how very thoughtful of you to stop by here and give your well wishes. :l:h Thank you for that.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi, All,

Been busy as can be with the storms (Snow yesterday and last night!!!) work, house hunting and the babies, so sorry I havent been posting. I have a few minutes this morning, taking the boys for their shots at 9:30.

We got a full priced offer on our condo, so we're trying to find a house (though we've been looking for years, intenselyfor the last 5 or 6 weeks and know exactly what's on the market in our price range) and hopefully move before Christmas. Wifey and I know that's aggressive, but want to be out of here, as she is tired of lugging two babies up to the third floor.

I, too have the sugar cravings. I've been addicted to ice cream since I started the program, and that's probably a reason my weight loss has stalled. I also went through (and still have) cravings for candy, particularly the snickers and pretzel m&ms! I'm a little concerned and starting to monitor my sugar intake, as my brother, 26 years sober (save for two weeks 5.5 years ago!) had a serious sweet tooth and became diabetic.

Off to get ready to take the boys to the doctor. I'll check back this afternoon.

Hope all is well. V,how's Winnie doing?
                          D
                          Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
                          When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

D, I am so happy for you re the full price offer on the condo...three flites of steps with twin boys has just been TOO much. Good luck with the right choice of house.
                            I, too, have treated myself with whatever crossed my mind instead of AL, so as to not let the "deprived" thinking get me in trouble...and eventually had to cut back. My husband has always had a sweet tooth, and diabetes runs rampant in his family, so we are both being cautious. As a general rule, EVERY night we treat ourselves to ONE no sugar added vanilla Klondike ice cream sandwich bar, which we both find very satisfying.
                            Other than that, we satisfy our sugar cravings during the day by eating fresh fruit. I eat a banana, an orange and an apple every day...prepping the orange is a bit tiresome. He chops up strawberries for a while, then a pineapple, and eats that with a bit of natural granola and coconut oil.
                            I cheat with a bite size peanut butter cup sometimes.
                            we only buy the doggoned Oreos when the grandchildren come...who do not gobble them up the way we do! what is IN those things? I agree with Nora...lol.
                            anyway the lo calorie ice cream bars are VERY satisfying at 8 or 9 pm every night, for some reason.
                            good luck with the house hunting. FFp
                            . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Congrats d from ct on selling the condo and hopefully moving soon. Glad to see you back and surviving the storm.

I had a couple of drinks last night on our anniversary night but definitely back AF today.
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

I recommend Breyers Carb Smart Ice Cream and Ice Cream Bars. They have less carbs than even the no-sugar added ice cream.

Nice to see everyone working so hard on their AF days. It really does get easier, the longer you stick it out. Keep posting and counting those days peeps!

D, congrats on getting a great offer on the condo. That must be a huge relief. I hope you and wifey find a beautiful house that will be perfect for your little family.

Just checking in here and wanted to say hello.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X