Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Hatters!

Hi
    I use to post on here a few years back. I am back. Look forward to meeting any mods.
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Who is doing a sober Thursday with me tonight?
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Rebirth, I'm doing a sober Thursday! After many years of a bottle a night I finally discovered moderation! Who would ever have thought that I could? I don't want to give up drinking but I am happy to say that in this last week this is my fourth day of abstinence... happily interwoven with two days of enjoyable, moderate drinking. Nice to see someone posting here...I was so happy to find this board but there don't seem to be many of us posting. Em

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Em
          You wont find many posting in the mod section. It has always just been a handful of people. I have been drinking moderately for many years now. I have had the odd phase where I have drank more but I have been able to stick to moderation for quite some time now. I Use to be a bottle a day too. My plan is to abstain Monday to Friday and drink moderately sat and sun. Whats yours?

Work is finished so I am going home now. I will check in tomorrow. Have a good evening
          Be strong-

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Sorry to "intrude" .... but I just HAD to say HI to REBIRTH!!! How have you been? I remember you well from years ago....so good to see you! :h
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

HI, Emmy Lou and Rebirth.
              Emm... come on over (or down, as the case may be on your computer) to the Long Term Moderators. I think we have a somewhat more active thread there... lots of good folks!:welcome:

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Noname Girl, thanks for the invite to come over. I find the format here unfamiliar and most of the time I'm on my phone...I accidentally unsubscribed my threads last night...just a slip of the finger! I've got them back now, and I will search out your forum! I thought I was doing something wrong...so Mod Hatters is just not as popular, I see.
                Hi Rebirth! Thanks so much for your reply! My plan is to not drink when I'm at home alone. And to drink way less when I'm out! So far I've managed just sipping drinks and sticking to one per hour...or even less. I work in a very social industry myself, and my boyfriend works in the music industry at bars and clubs. All of our friends are drinkers and when I tried to think of one who was a moderate drinker, I only came up with two names.
                Life has been so full of dinner parties, CD launches, opening nights, exhibitions, restaurants etc. it's a dream lifestyle but I don't know that I had thought about how much alcohol that would entail over the years...I don't have any kids, it wasn't in the plans for me. My partner has teenagers but they live overseas...so the freedom we have is so tempting when drinking.
                I notice that you are in UK, so you'll be about 10 hrs behind, and probably in bed by now. So nice to hear from you, Em

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Emmy Lou;1552526 wrote: Mod Hatters is just not as popular, I see.
                  Hi Em,

I have been here off and on since 07. Have been off site more than on lately but you'll find a lot of my posts trying to help others moderate effectively while baring my soul and sharing it isn't always perfect for me...yet...no disasters with moderation other than a hangover here and there that wasn't planned.

When I first came here 6 years ago, hardly anyone posted in this section so that is why I created Mod Hatters...to introduce folks as to who we are. I'll have to look at the orig. post and maybe revise it as people who have been posting a while tend to post on the long term thread and the mod hatter post should reflect that we do that. My undstanding with why that is (posting in long term moderation) is that you can link that thread to smart phones, blackberries, etc. but not the monthly, so it's just become habit to post where phones can pick up notifcations of posts easier.

Hello to those who know me and glad you're here to those who don't. I too Em have learned that the drinking at home alone is not a good idea. You have many challenges with the fun lifestyle you lead but you know what? All that partying does get old after awhile. I am very good friends with a very famous blues musician who will have to go nameless, but he just got so tired of that party lifestyle. He has been abstinent for 20 or so years now and wouldn't have it any other way. The tricky thing is we can think we don't have AL problems when everyone else around us is a big drinker. Rent the movie Smashed and you'll see what I mean. Plain and simple, AL is a poison that our liver has to process and too much of it just isn't good for us, liver problems, bad wrinkles (dehydrates us to the max), weight gain (a lot of empty calories and our bodies burn the AL first and not the food), etc. So for those of us who choose to still keep it in our lives, we do try to work hard at really limiting the amount taken in because it is not healthy for us. Check out the thread Ruby Tuesday (when active enough, people report weekly goals) to try to stay on track, and most log into the monthly long term thread to share with others how things are going.

Oh, and welcome back rebirth! I totally remember you. Good to *see* you again.

:l
                  Eve11
                  "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Thank you Eve 11!
                    I must say I'm realising now what a HUGE drinking culture we have in Australia! Every book I read, film or TV show I see, seems to be applauding drunken behaviour and referring to alcohol as a 'treat'. I can see that it's absolutely not a treat to have too much too often now.
                    I think that all the social events that are part of my lifestyle don't have to get old and boring but I would certainly agree that guzzling booze at them, (like you'll never get it again) could get very tiresome indeed!
                    I'm glad to have a chance to moderate before its too late!
                    So I've decided to appreciate the art, music, food and intelligent conversation at these things while sipping slowly and drinking water...or not drinking at all.
                    My goal tonight is 4 glasses of wine...I'll drink soda water in between...fingers crossed.
                    Thanks again,
                    Em

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi k9!! I was so pleased to see that you are still here too. Its been a while! xx
                      Be strong-

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Eve. Glad you are still here too. ;-)

How did you do last night Em? I am usually tempted to have a drink on Fridays but its a no for me tonight. I am determined just to drink sat and sun. Got to think of my poor liver!

Gonna say hi to the long term mods section too.
                        Be strong-

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Mission accomplished! Great night, good music, and good friends...4 hours and I had 4 drinks. Walked home very happy. Bed now, and I'll be fresh for weekend work tomorrow! Goodnight all, Em

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hiya, Emmy Lou!
                            Just so you know, I am now checking the Mod Hatters only because you are here! I am really enjoying reading your posts. Have a lovely weekend, and good luck and congrats on the modding!

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

No name Girl, you are awesome! Thankyou

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Eve, Noname and Emmy,
                                I've been on and off since way back. Question: How do I get back to this page the next time? I can never find my way back to where I posted the last time I was on. Duh! A novice with this forum navigation stuff.

I too have been able to mod most of the time. Still, there are mornings, like this one, where I don't feel hung over, but I know I drank too much last night. It makes me feel bad. Lately, I'm drifting more often to old, harmful, habits. My husband works at home, and I work from home 3 days of the work week. He HAS to have two radio's on all the time, plus the TV at night. Last night, he went to bed at 9:00 and I turned off everything and just sat in my chair loving the quiet. BUT...I ended up drinking half a bottle of red plus two bottles of beer before I finally went to bed. I just didn't want the peace and relaxation to end, and the drinks were a strange kind of part of that. Rats. I am going to go a few days clean until I feel less guilty. Any thoughts, kids? Thanks, ahead of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X