Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing a Website

Hello All,

I haven't posted for a coon's age, but wanted to share the website of a UK organization I just found: https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/about-us

If you register, you then have access to a drink-tracker that counts unit and (gasp!) calories as well. It also shows RED if you are way over the recommended units. Filling it in is quite fiddly, but boy-oh-boy does it make you realise how much you're drinking each day!

There are also lots of excellent articles and facts. It is first and foremost designed to promote responsible, moderate drinking with tools to help you cut down and also a link if you decide to stop drinking altogether.

There's no online community like here, but I am finding it useful in another way.

Happy temperate New Year to everybody!:h

Sharing a Website

Excellent info DancingGirl! Thanks for sharing and I'm going there right now. Hope I converts units to our drinks in the U.S. but if not, we can google a conversion chart. Used to know it but forget. Maybe someone can help add to that pool of knowledge for us?

:l
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Sharing a Website

Thanks DancingGirl! I have put my drinks on it but panicked with all the red alerts and shut off my computer. Will use it when I am moderating after a 30-60 day abstaining period!
      "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
      ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

Sharing a Website

Good to run into you here too, DGal!

I happily found the site after I had two AF days so was able to feel a little smug about the red. A little smug, I must emphasize - it was also pretty scary. My two AF days were caused by having had a week of "Christmas holiday" drinking, and then having abdominal pain (yes - under my rib cage on the right side). I may have just pulled something trying to shovel through the ice (we had a BIG ice storm in S. Ontario last week), but if focusing on the pain gives me a reality check so much the better.

I have had success modding, but with a very stressful job, have let old habits gradually slip back. So this DrinkAware site is my new best friend.

Eve - the measurements are in millilitres, but easily convertable to ounces. We do both in Canada - you can order a 1/2 litre caraf or a 6 ounce glass in a restaurant. :H But this also made me go and pour a wine glass of water and then dump it into a measuring cup. My wine glass is about 175 mL, so that fits with one of the measurements. 250mL is a cup, or 8 ounces, if that helps.

Comment

Sharing a Website

Had to come and give you a big :wavin: DG. Although we've taken different paths we both started posting on the same day.

Funny that you found that website. I now volunteer one day a week in a drug & alcohol place and it's the one we refer a lot of clients to and used in a lot of it in our training.

Happy New Year, hun.:l
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sharing a Website

1 US drink is roughly 2 UK units

Comment

Sharing a Website

Jackie!!

I've been thinking about you - a warm, warm hug back to you!!

Comment

Working...
              X