Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Good Morning Muffs!

Cassey -- the website was DailyOM - Nurturing Mind Body & Spirit.
    In a rush..talk to you all later.
    Have a great day!

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Morning Chrysa and all to come!

Beautiful day here and heading out for my run before it gets too hot. Hope those All One vitamins kick in and give me an energy bolt! Actually feeling really great today.

My husband and I sat out by the pool last night and shared a bottle of wine; each having two glasses over about an hour-and-a-half. He was heading out of town this morning, so we were spending time going over businessy issues, car issues with the kids and schedules, etc. We went in at ten to go to bed and I was really tempted to open another bottle of wine after he went to sleep (which was immediately...lol), but instead decided to take two Benadryl and wait 20 minutes, which is normally when I cant hold my eyes open after taking it. I dont remember the 20 minutes being up, so I must have been sound asleep by 10:30. I feel so rested today and feel with each wise decision I make, the easier it becomes the next time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    A~
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

It's that two-glass thing that is the difficult barrier for me. If I can stop after that, I feel so wonderful the next day, so elated. i've been able to do that (or at least something close to it) for the last couple of days, and it makes me feel good. You're right about wise decisions. It must be great running in Florida at this time of year. For the last few years, I've been in Daytona Beach for a week grading AP exams at this time of year, but now we are going to Louisville. I'll sure miss those pelicans.

I'm feeling retired already, although I'm trying to get my online college essay writing class up and running. (You can check out my ad on my myspace pictures page if you link through my profile) But I have taught my last class and written my last report card. I finished off with "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead," one of my favorites (they are all my favorites). It was a good ride.

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

good morning chrysa, prest and fspophia -

sounds like everyone is doing well. prest, great job not opening the second bottle. i always want that third glass! if i have 2 or 3 i am fine, but when i have the third the fourth starts singing my name.

i am going out to dinner to celebrate our neighbors anniversary. i am really going to try to be moderate tonight. i want to feel good tomorrow.

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Morning all!

Yep, that two glass thing can be a challenge. Good job Allie.

Sophiah, you must feel a real sense of freedom.

Beaches, where are you this morning? You are usually the thread starter.

Chrysa, thanks for the link. I will check it out.

MKR and Judie, where are you two?

We are finishing up a home remodeling project of putting skylights in our very dark upstairs. I feel like I have a new house. Very exciting.

Have a great day everyone!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Morning all, back on Pacific time. Enjoyed visit with son and daughter in Texas. Dogs very glad to see me!!!

Have a great day!!
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Good Afternoon, Hi everyone sounds like the moderating is going good. I love skylights I bet you feel like your in a new house. Well off to finish planting my flowers today and clean up around here. My adventure was a success yesterday, only got lost once and also stopped and had a beer at a bar on stilts in the middle of one of the lakes, one and we got stopped by the sherriffs boat to looking for proper stickers et.

Sammys

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Hi all,

Sophia, Congrats on the retirement. Here's a hug and a high five to send you on to the next phase of your journey. :happy: :l

Are any of you up for doing some written plans for the holiday weekend? I was at my Weight Watchers meeting today and they gave us a flow chart to fill out with our goals for the weekend. You are supposed to write down how you want to feel on Monday night or Tuesday morning in box 1 and then there are 6 other boxes you are supposed to write stuff in as to how you are going to meet that goal. I thought it was a good idea. Not being hungover will be one of my goals for the weekend.

Good day and evening to you all.

Laura
                Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Hi all, I posted this in general but in case you don't check in there I just wanted to share ....

Hi all, many many thanks for your concern ......

My friend has been texting all day about how bad life is and hasn't once asked about my dad, so is she really a friend????

Anyway, I'll start by saying my dad is OK .....

However, when he went down for surgery, he wasn't sure what was going to happen .... He was possibly having a stent, but as he is paying for private care he agreed that as his artery was so badly blocked the stent may not be possible so he was prepped for a bypass so we didn't know what was going to happen ....

He was down for 3 hours so we suspected the bypass, but the artery was so badly blocked that the surgeon tried for 2 hours to get the stent through, but couldn't but unfortunately his blood pressure wouldn't allow the bypass ..... so all in all he had the procedure for nothing ....

But at least he is OK, we should bring him home tomorrow ....

Love & Hugs, Betty xxx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

So Betty, what does this mean? There is nothing they can do now?
                    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Hi Prest, he has to decide whether or not to go in again for the bypass, at the minute he is saying no, but when he gets home and remembers that he gets pain just walking in the garden, then i'm sure that he will change his mind ....

Thanks so much for your concern...

BTW, Me, My Mum, and my daughter are hopefully coming to Florida in October ...... perhaps we could meet ????

Betts xxx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Betty, prayers for your Dad... I know quite a few people who've had successful bypass surguries. In this day & age they really can work wonders. Hope he feels better soon.

I've been pretty down lately. Just lost one of my Uncles to cancer... he's been fighting it for the past few years, it finally caught up with him by way of pnemonia from a surgury... I really thought he might pull thru, but at least he's out of his pain now. just so hard to say goodby, after knowing someone your entire life. My heart just breaks for my Aunt, but she she does have all of her family with her, just hard to imagine her without him.

On a lighter note. My Grandma will be 99 on Friday!! She's probably pissed off at Uncle Ralph for beating her to the "gate"! She keeps saying she can't wait to go be with her beloved Dale. Sure hope there's more to it than meets the eye... with eveything going on in this world ... sometimes I question my faith. Don't worry... it's still there. Just waivers sometimes.

Just wanted to check in say Hi!
                        I'm back on Topa, feeling really tired. Hope this passes soon.

Sorry didn't mean for this to be a bummer post.
                        I hope everybody is doing well. Love you all.
                        Peace & hugs,
                        Judie
                        :l
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Peace & Hugs Jude..why are you doing the topa?

Comment

Wonder Wednesday, May 23

Hi everyone

BB, good to hear your dad is coming home; hopefully he'll make a good decision regarding further treatment.

Judie, condolences on your uncle. I lost an uncle not long ago who I had always considered as a third parent; when my parents passed away he was there, then suddenly not. It's never easy, you're in my thoughts.

Sophiah, you sound reminiscent AND happy - a good combination I think. Enjoy your new venture.

MKR - hope all is OK, I can't remember if you said you'd be away for awhile.

To everyone else, happy Wednesday/Thursday!

pixie
                            AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Working...
                            X