X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday June 19

Hello Everyone in Mod's Land

Hope you are all well today.

Finally got hold of my son's principal yesterday and he will be able to tour his new kindergarten classroom tomorrow to begin with the transition. Transition is huge with autism. My boss is going to cringe with another request of time off. Ugh.

Going to be a hot one here around 100 degrees.

Have a happy Tuesday!!
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Tuesday June 19

Hi Beaches,
    Hope you like the new kindergarten.......good luck with that.

And Hi to all.
    Had btl. of wine last night instead of waiting `til weekend as planned, but don`t really see it as a major slip, as am happily back AF until at least Fri. Have been AF 7 nights out of past 9, so still think I`m doing great.

Find now I`m drinking less often though, that I now tend to feel more sick the `morning after` than I felt in mornings when I drank every night. Anyone else experienced this?

So here`s to us all continuing happyily moderating.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Good day Modsters!

Beaches, good luck with the tour. The tough year for us with our Aspey was 7th grade, when they started switching classes. That was tough for him with all the transitions during the day. And with all the different classes/assignments...we had to have the special ed teacher pack his bookbag with him at the end of the day so all the right things came home.

Starlight, since I have been moderating I do find that I feel worse when I overdo it. I had a bit too much on Sunday and was very tired yesterday. Sounds like you are doing well with mods.

AF last night. First time in a couple of weeks so happy about that!

BBL

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Hi Ya'll! Looking like another nice day here... especially since it's my day off! Yahoo!

Beaches- A kindergarten tour sounds like fun! I never even got to go ... they just threw me right on into first grade. I don't think they had a kindergarten here...back then . Explains a lot doesn't it!

Starlight- I've found that wine seems to give me more of a hangover than beer. Maybe because I can drink it faster... That's why I don't drink it much(or hard liquor anymore), just stick w/my beer.

Ducky- Good job on being AF! I came home from work & had 2 beers last night, then went to bed. I had planned on staying up & drinking more, since it WAS my Friday... but I worked a long shift & I felt sleepy. Feels good to be up kinda early & well rested!

I woke up w/ a doggie on my pillow. Bungee snuck into the bedroom when Scott got up, and was all cuddled with me when I woke up. He's too cute sometimes. I'll bet he wants to go kayaking today!

Hope everbody has a great day today!

Peace & Hugs,
        Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Judie, have fun in the Yak! I finally got clearance to use mine (no tear in shoulder) and yesterday our trailer broke! DH is getting it repaired so I should be on the river soon. Have a great day.

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Morning Beaches, Star, Judy and Ducky, have a really good day. Beaches hope everything is good at the new kindergarten, ducky hope you and Judy get on the river and Judy bungee needs the river, its like if you did not take him he would be so sad. Star you are doing really good you know!!

Sammys

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Morning everyone!

Beaches, I hope the transition goes well tomorrow. You are such a great mom!

Star, good job on all of the AF days. You sound determined to be a good moderator.

Judie and Ducky, enough talk about kayaking. I am jealous and would love to get out on one.

Sammy, hope you have a great day too.

I am trying to get into summer schedule and finding myself wanting to sleep in and be lazy. Oh to be a kid again during the summer!

Wishing everyone to come a great day as well!!!
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Good morning all ... I feel like the drinks are creeping up, but not too badly. Over halfway thru my 1st month moderating and feel pretty good, sleeping well, etc. I have regained 3 lbs lost during abs. Oh well. guess I need to move around more.
                "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Thinking small, isn't hard. It's just a habit. A habit with consequences.

Same for thinking big.

God, I love these things...
                  ****The Universe

Good Morning all!

Judie, you are up VERY early!! Happy to see you here! Bungee sounds so darn sweet. We had two dogs wandering last night so we brought them into our house to call the owner. I put our dogs outside, they got so agitated realizing someone else was in thehouse! We only had them for about a half hour. One dog was the sweetest little thing, I bonded with her immediately. The male greyhound was as hyper as they come and when they did leave my brick floors were covered in water!

I skipped kindergarten too and was usually a year and half younger than everyone as I am so late in the year for birthday. Does explain why I became an artist . . . needed that finger painting time and no one knew that back then!!

Beaches, glad you are getting the tour. I know you hate to ask your boss for more time off but working where you do and on autism, I would think they would look at your day as research!

Starlight, abstaining and moderating has our bodies adjusting to that the same way it adjusted before to excessive drinking and YES, I think our bodies complain easily even with just one or two drinks.

Ducky, you are moderating very well also! Good luck on getting out on the water!

Sammys you are doing super also! I can not imagine working around alcohol like you do and pulling mods off so well!! You are inspiring!

Lushy, sleeping in is a good thing!!

Zin, great job moderating, it is a mind set too and I think you are doing well!

Waves, PP, Louise, BB, Eustacia, Soccermom Mary, Lauralynn, Hilary, Beth, Allie, Rachele, Jen, Janice, Nancy, Julie, Gita, Red Robin, Paula, Cassy, Didit, Optimist and our nod to moderating men, Paddy and Det. Hope everyone has a great day! If I forgot any mods, I am quite sorry about that.

Hugs and Love,
                  Mary

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Hi All,

Beaches, enjoy the lovely weather, I am sooo jealous .... Don't worry about your boss .....

Starlight, well done you are doing good moderating, as for the sickness in the morning, on my first af days i felt sick, I was heaving a lot but not being sick ... I thought that it was a nervous thing ....

Ducky, well done on AF last night ....

Sammys, Hi, hope that you are OK .......

Lushy, you CANT sleep in, we won't let you .........

Zin, well done on your mods .....

MKR, another softy for dogs, I bring them in too ..........

ANyway, things here are pretty good, Have Kerrie's Neuro appt on friday to discuss whether to operate ....... at last ........

Love & Hugs to everyone,

BB xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Just popping in to say hello...

I have been abs for about 10 days with slips on the weekends. Then last night I overdid it as a result of roller coaster emotions. I dare not say half of what goes on in my life for fear of freaking people out (LOL!), but I've done pretty well considering. My biggest emotional hurdle is that my son (who's 20) is leaving today to move back to North Carolina (where we/ he grew up) and will come back for one night the day before he leaves for college in the Fall, so I'm battling the tears. We are very close and I've loved having him home since last August. Part of me is worried about him, as he totaled his car (yes, my kids are experts at it) about three weeks ago and he is going to NC with no car, no job, but is convinced he will be fine. I'm sure he will, its just hard. Mom's like to have everything figured out beforehand. He is taking a Greyhound bus tonight at 10 p.m. and his girlfriend is picking him up in the morning. At least he has his cell phone!

My husband is flying all over creation for a week (L.A., Oregon, Utah, British Columbia) and my youngest is gone for a week at camp, so its looking like a lonely week and tempting me at night with no one looking over my shoulder. I just got through with a "going away" breakfast with a house full of his friends that I will probably miss equally as much!

So I'm off for a run and will have to figure some new projects and plans for my evenings.

Mary - you amaze me that you remember everyone here! I feel like an alien these days!

Have a great day...
                      Allie
                      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Allie, Great to see you!
                        I hope ya didn't pay too much for thoss shoes...
                        My kayakin sandals are wayyy more fashionable!

Keep in touch sweetie.
                        Have a good run.
                        :l
                        Judie

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Allie, I am sure it's hard to have your son leave. My stepson lives about 20 minutes away, so we see him every week. I forget where you are; will you be too far to travel?

Enjoy your run. My trainer basically (in a nice way) said I should stick to treadmill running until I drop some weight. I miss running on the bike path here. I may take a short run soon.

BBL

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Ducky,
                            Why would your trainer suggest that you use a treadmill if you feel up to going outside on a path? I think fresh air & sunshine & being outside in the elements are some of the best medicines you can give yourself... both physically & mentaly . And it doesn't take any electricity.

Comment

Tuesday June 19

Beaches, It?s good that you are prepared for the move to a new kindergarten and the problems that may arise and have plans in place. In school we once had a child who was only diagnosed after the painting easel was moved. He just came in to find it in a different place, which really upset him. We couldn?t understand why at the time. It took a while for him to be diagnosed. If we had known in advance that he had autism then that upset may have been avoided.
                              Starlight, you are doing great. Yes, I notice a bigger reaction the morning after drinking if it has been preceeded by some AF nights.
                              Ducky, Congrats on the AF. I agree with Jude. There is nothing like the fresh air to make you actually enjoy your run. I started with a run/walk back in August- that is where you run 20 steps and walk 40+ to recover! Now I can run a couple of miles.
                              Jude ?think of a colour beginning with G
                              Sammys, what are you revamping?
                              Lushy, there is nothing like a summer break-enjoy it. Some of us are still slaving away. :boxer:
                              Zin, well done on keeping the mods going.
                              Mary, you sound so well. Hugs to you.:l
                              BB, good luck for Friday. Will be thinking of you.
                              Allie, my son is away too. It?s hard to let go. Poor thing gets e-mails from me asking about contact lenses, money, accommodation etc. His dad sends him messages about the local football team!
                              Love to all to come.
                              Waves x
                              Enough is enough

Comment

Working...
                              X