Trying to make it happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at it- Day 1!
    I woke up with a stuffy nose and can feel this cold progressing-ugh.
    Just having my coffee- and going to get ready for work.
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi fluff, thank you. I'm in southern NJ and it looks as if tomorrow is going to be another one of those dreary days with rain all day. Like you I need to constantly be doing something or I drink which is really maddening because when I drink I don't do anything but drink. Let me know how you made out today and maybe we could start a exercise regimen together. Whether or not it is just getting out for a walk, taking a bike ride, or going to the gym. I know it really helps my frame of mind. Well just got home from work so I'm going to make some dinner and maybe try for a short walk but it is really cold out. A cup of tea and some reading sounds much better. Take care, fluff.

Comment

Didn't see your second post. My brother has been suffering from a nasty cold since Thanksgiving weekend. He was going to the doctor's today. There is a medicine called Zicam (I think that is the name) that if you start taking it once you feel a cold coming on it is suppose to help shorten the cold duration and lessen the effects. You might want to google it.

Cuckoo

Comment

Just try until you find the right day that you make a decision that you want to quit drinking

Comment

Ugh-My cold is getting worse- and today I have an eye doc appointment-so this'll be fun, my eyes tearing up and my nose running.
            Thanks, Cuckoo- I'll try the zicam.
            Hi Danpeet-thanks
            Today is day 2-
            It's also mega rainy and windy today- my daughter's school had a two-hour delay because of some ice on the roads. I guess this is another nor-easter we're having- we seem to get a lot of those.
            I don't have work today so -just nursing this cold and maybe put up a few decorations.
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hey fluff, sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. My brother sounds awful and his cold has been lingering for a while. Congratulations on day 2. It isn't really rainy here but we have a bit of wind. Just cold and dreary. It's suppose to be like this through Thursday. On the bright side the weekend is suppose to be sunny but chilly so I guess that is a plus. I googled the Zicam and it said it is homeopathic which I like. How funny and/or sad that I hate taking chemical meds and prefer natural but I don't mind putting alcohol in my body. A friend of mine who knows about my drinking problem once told me "you are the healthiest minded alcoholic I know." I try to eat healthy, exercise, don't like taking prescription meds, etc. but boy do I want to indulge my alcohol habit. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow and glad your not working today but just nursing your cold. Take care, friend.

Cuckoo

Comment

Day 3 here- The bad weather has left and my cold remains.
                A nice hot shower always helps- I'm finishing my coffee and going to call in sick for work- there is absolutely no way I am going in with my eyes all puffy- and watery and I am losing my voice!
                So, Cuckoo- you're a healthy alcoholic! Ha! Ha! The irony...
                Keep on the right path!
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hey fluff, glad you're taking the day off and taking care of yourself. I hope your cold doesn't linger as long as my brother's has. I am going to call him tonight to see if he finally went to the doctor. When I spoke with him on Monday he said he was starting to feel better but the cold was still lingering.

And yes, fluff, my best friend calls me a "healthy alcoholic" and it is ironic.

I'm really enjoying reading the AA daily inspirational guide. When I get up for work I read the AA guide and also some Native American daily inspirational readings. I will have to send you some of the Native American readings. Some of them really hit the nail on the head but they are not preachy.

Hope you are feeling better tomorrow and I love being in touch with you. Great job on day 3.

Comment

The inspirational readings sound good- I'll have to look around on the internet for some.
                    Day 4 here- called in sick today, as well. I think the last time I called in sick was around this time last year.
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Fluff, there is one (of many) of the Native American readings that hit home for me. I will make a copy of it in at work tomorrow and send it to you. To quote the first sentence it states "even with free choice. each of us has a tomorrow for which we are responsible". When I read this it made me think that tomorrow I am responsible for my choices and that choice can be to continue down the path I'm on or make the choice I don't want to do this anymore. Tonight I made a list of what I wanted in life and alcohol was not on the list. Congratulations on day 4, close to a week without alcohol. Take care and hope the cold is better.

Comment

Thank you Cuckoo-
                        Day 5- feeling better so I guess I must go into work-ugh.
                        The weekend is upon us so let's be vigilant and strong with our quits!
                        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

How's it going Cuckoo- today is day 6!
                          Did some more Christmas shopping last night.
                          Not sure what my plan is for this evening- but will steer clear of any triggers.
                          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi fluff, sorry I haven't posted lately but I've been busy decorating, shopping, etc. Unfortunately I am back on day 1. Went to a brunch with some friends yesterday and succumbed to 2 bloody marys. Not that bad but not what I want. I've decided that I will not count down days anymore. I just want my life to be AF. I keep going back to that statement in the AA one day at time book I've been reading about being convinced alcohol has no more rewards for me. And I know it doesn't. Congratulations on day 6 and I hope the cold is gone.

Cuckoo

Comment

That's okay, Cuckoo- hope you jump on board again.
                              Anyhoo- I am so sick of this- and am starting over again-
                              So, Day 1 again-
                              Got my tree decorated and now just have to make cookies to send to my parents- so that's "to do" when I get home from work.
                              Having my coffee and going to get ready for work.
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Well fluff, I am back on board. I realize I don't want to drink but at this time of year it is very difficult with all the Christmas parties and socializing. I also realize I get no satisfaction out of drinking. It is an addiction/habit that we have gotten ourselves into. Glad you are also back on board. Good luck with the cookies. I am not a baker. Years ago I made a cake for someone at work and forgot to add the ingredient that made the cake rise. It was a coconut cake and it stood about an inch high. Needless to say I got quite a ribbing about that. Take care and let's keep posting, good or bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X