No announcement yet.

Trying to make it happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to work today because we had a lot of snow on Thursday so we were closed. Still drinking and hate it so much!
    How do I stop talking myself into this insanity? I am now on blood pressure meds and xanax- I am a freaking drug addict, seemingly. Yet am able to get to work at 8a.m. do my job - and not drink till around 5pm.
    I am seriously looking into AA places around me. I need help- my husband drinks a lot too.
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Rereading my earlier quit posts and seeing how well I did- I need to get back into that state of mind again. This is the good thing about journaling- you can look back and learn.
      Ready to make today day 1- although it is early- only 1:30 pm- will force myself away from my 5 pm lure- by staying on the computer- also just downloaded a new book from i books-so anxious to start in on that, " The Girl On The Train".
      I really want to get off the alcohol wagon and stop taking meds.
      Want to start exercising again but there-s too much snow out and it's freezing.
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hey, Fluff

I think the journal is a great idea but you might want to consider also participating in another thread or two where you'd have more interaction with people with the same goal. I found the support of an active community really helpful, anyway. I read and post in Ladies on a Mission and the Newbies Nest. You'd certainly be welcome there!

Congratulations on getting back to day 1 - best thing you can do for yourself! Take care, NS

Comment

Hi Fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
            Hey, Fluff

I think the journal is a great idea but you might want to consider also participating in another thread or two where you'd have more interaction with people with the same goal. I found the support of an active community really helpful, anyway. I read and post in Ladies on a Mission and the Newbies Nest. You'd certainly be welcome there!

Congratulations on getting back to day 1 - best thing you can do for yourself! Take care, NS
            You're right- NS- I've tried in the past to join a few threads but felt like I just walked into a room and everyone just shut-upped- I felt like I was intruding on the conversations, and had no right being there.
            I might try the Newbies Nest again- or Ladies on a Mission.
            Thanks for the suggestions.
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Fluff, come join us in the Anyone in their first week of their next quit thread, great group of people and very welcoming! Wishing you the best. We all need support trying to kick AL to the curb, and there are so many people willing to help.:hug:

Comment

Hi fluff, tried to pm you but I am at my limit for messages. Will subscribe to MWO so my message capacity increases.

Comment

Hey fluff, re-subscribed and I should be able to pm shortly. Take care.

Comment

Hi Cuckoo- I never received a pm.
                    Hope you are doing well- still doing it one day at a time here. Exercised today and felt great afterwards!
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi fluff, they used the wrong credit card to renew my subscription. Re-subscribed again today using the right credit card but haven't heard anything back. Exercise is a wonderful thing. I always felt my best after a nice walk in the woods.

Comment

I didn't need a credit card to subscribe- I guess you're getting the premium access?
                        I feel much better after exercising, although, I am on bp meds, and think this is slowing me down a bit.
                        So happy Spring is on the way!
                        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi fluff. I use to have my membership subscription automatically taken out of my paypal account but my card expired on that site and I never updated my info. I updated it the other night and re-subscribed but for some reason it is not going through even though I updated my info. Anyway this is what I had planned to PM you.

Fluff, like you I also get the feeling that I am intruding on a thread that has been active for a while. I don't believe it is a deliberate attempt to exclude me but more my own feeling of wishing I was further along in my sobriety. For me it is difficult to start posting on a thread when everyone else seems to know one another and I am the new person on the block. I realize though that unless I start posting and truly get serious about not drinking, I will always be the new person.

Comment

Can't believe it's taken so long to quit this..but...
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Just keep wanting to make it happen fluff, and one day it will!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Starting day one again- December 1st. Medical issues have arisen due to my drinking. Wish me luck and continued sobriety.
                                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Working...
                                X