I drink beer...lots of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil...I can relate to what you're saying...I am a beer drinker too. I can drink 12 to 15 a day and more sometimes but my moment of truse was last Wednesday when I got picked up for my 2nd DUI..I woke up Wednesday morning still drunk from the night before. had over slept grabed some clothes ran out of the house called in sick to work went to the store bought a 20 pack and started again..by 2 in the afternoon I was passed out in my car on the side of the road awakened by a police officer who thought I was dead because he couldn't find a pluse and called am ambulance sent me to the hospital where they gave me some IV fluids and sent me on to jail...that's my wake up call...I'm ready to do anything and I mean anything to stop this self distruction and get my life back...alcohole has taken so much from me but it hasn't taken my will to live and I know that would be next. I have two boys that love me very, very, much and I have to live for them . If not for them I probably would just take the easy way out but I can't...I have to fight this and fight it with eveything I have in me and use every source of help I can get..that means AA.kudzu and topimax when I get afford it and I'm really wonting to try the CD's...because I have a broken brain..it's broken bad and I need to fix it...That's the hard part...we are broken and we are the only ones that can fix us because in our society today we are considered low life misfits that should be living in a trailor park somewhere. That makes me angry. But I will do whatever it takes to fix me. That's the attutude we have to have.... Like you I have read all the books...thinking there must be an answer to this problem...There is an answere and it's going to be hard, hard, hard work..doing whatever it takes...12 steps and the whole nine yards. I am 43 yrs old, have been through 3 husbands and it's time to say there's something wrong with me and do whatever it takes to fix it and make that my first priorety..not work. That's the hard part for me...I have put work first every since my divorce 7 yrs ago and now I have to put sobrity before it all...I don't care if I loose my car my house I dont care if I ruin my credit that I've worked so hard to establish these past 7 yrs.
    So sorry to ramble on and on..I hope you get what I'm trying to say...don't let it be something bad that happens to make you see what you have to do...the only thing left for me is death..I'm either going to kill someone or I'm going to kill myself and either way it sucks.
    Good luck to you Phil...keep us posted.
    with love in my heart,
    Jaded
    :l

Comment

Jaded,
      I just read your post and just wanted to let you know I care. My 2 sons give me alot of motivation to get my priorities straight. I know you will do what you can to get better--it's just a matter of time before something bad happens. Good luck!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

vettech25;288068 wrote: Jaded,
        I just read your post and just wanted to let you know I care. My 2 sons give me alot of motivation to get my priorities straight. I know you will do what you can to get better--it's just a matter of time before something bad happens. Good luck!
        Thank you vettech....I don't have a choice I have to stop. Not slow down. Not moderate...STOP!!:thanks:
        :l

Comment

Jaded, thanks for your post. You are so correct, I need to take responsibility now for my issues and deal with them. On the legal side, I have been very lucky, no need to press it.
          Hope you are doing well today.
          Love and Peace,
          Phil
          Love and Peace,
          Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

In 2009 I got sober. AA meetings have worked for me. It is one day at a time
            Love and Peace,
            Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Thats brilliant Phil, it goes to show it is never too late to beat this thing. I could have written the first post on this thread, it is my intention to be able to match your last one.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Phil,

Good for you!! What a success story.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Ktab and Jolie, thanks for your kind words.
                  Good luck to you on your journey.
                  Love and Peace,
                  Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Phil, I am so happy for you and so grateful you choose to share your journey with us here. :l :yougo: If we can pull out of that hell hole then others can too.

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks for coming back to this thread with an update. And an incredibly positive one at that! Congratulations - it's inspiring to follow your story.
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

You are doing remarkably well, Phil!! I have followed your journey for years. Congrats to you and thank you for revisiting this thread!

Comment

Working...
                        X