Startingover's story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Startingover's story

wow and you are still going strong! bless this place and bless you! well done!
    A gentle hand may lead even an elephant by a hair

Comment

Startingover's story

Starty,
      I am proud to know you and proud of you, as you are yourself!!!
      Much Love, ~C~ Jeanne

Comment

Startingover's story

Thanks Irish Jeanne and IJR.
        I have been going through a bit of a tough time just lately, but reading this again and all your support really shows me that life is not as bad as I had felt.
        Right now I feel like a bit of a work in progress, OK I have got sober so now I start to work on my reasons for drinking/drugging in the first place.
        This really is a journey isnt it?
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Startingover's story

Oh..Starty this is truly a journey. We all believe that all we have to do is stop drinking. That is the First Step and of critical importance, but, after we stop drinking comes the work of learning to live differently than we did in the past. We must do the inner work to change those personality traits and lifestyle elements that lead us to abuse in the first place. All of this is so worth while. Living without substance abuse and contentment is worth every bit of hard work. You have done so well, you will get there, just have patience.....mostly patience with yourself!
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Startingover's story

Kate, thank you, you are so right, the person who gets most of the flack is me, I do need to make peace with myself as well as my past.
            I have an appointment to start counselling on the 29th December, its time to start part 2 :-)
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Startingover's story

Starty, thanks for sharing your story. What a long way you have come and you have so much to be proud of in yourself. You are an inspiration to many.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
              X