Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not quite the rest of the story

Hi Judie,
    I`d never read any of your early posts before. You seem to have been very troubled when you first came to M.W.O., but baby.........just look at you now!!! You are one of the most upbeat, grateful people here. I have the utmost respect and admiration for you. :l

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Thanks Starlight, that coming from you means a lot.:h
      I think "troubled' might be an understatement... I was seriously hurtin for certain & desperate!

This place has truly been a lifesaver for me ..literaly! I'm still not sure how I stumbled across this place... because I'm NOT the least bit "puter savvy" I think it was divine intervention...:thanks:
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Somebody asked me a question today that made me open the "flood gates" and re- examine a few things...

"Geez Louise"...I thought maybe with age I'd learn to be less sensitive... apparently that's not working...

I suppose it's better to feel it ALL than to feel nothing.

Lord knows I've done my share of "trying " that...

:l
        J

Comment

Jude,

Woof, what a thread, I just read the whole thing.

I can't tell you how much your honesty and openness and support and encouragement has helped me recently. I wish I knew you "back when" at MWO, I truly do. My loss.

I'm so sorry you've gone through so much. You're brave to bring it back up here. Normally I don't even look at my old posts. Maybe it's time for me to do that? I've come a long way with MWO, too, and it's because of friends like you. I haven't been in treatment but I've brought my brother into inpatient and outpatient and am grateful for finding MWO before I ended up in treatment myself. That's the direction I was headed in.

Anyway, I hope you're not feeling too badly right now, not too many open wounds and heartaches. Life's too short.

Thanks again for all of your help, buddy. :l

I wish you lived closer! :h
          Be
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Be,
            I wish we lived closer too. Someday maybe we'll get the chance to meet face to face, maybe take walk on the beach or something...:l

I guess I've been a bit emotional lately... maybe having had my 4 yr B-day here... kind of hit me... off guard...(in hind site)

I have a really good friend who just lost her Mother a few months ago. She's been having a really tuff time.
            I've been to the Emergency room twice with her in the past month, she's been suicidal. I think she's doing better. But I'm still worried. That's a scarey place...

Comment

Jude,

4 years here, wow. I'm just over 1 year! I'm so sorry about your friend, that's awful, it is a scary place, so dark and sad. Is she getting help? I mean, a counselor or something do you know? I hope so.

Yes, a walk on the beach would be great! I can't wait to take our boat out but we still have a ways to go before that.

We'll meet someday. My new company is going to take off like a rocket and I'll be rich and fly out to see you!

Be
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Be,
                Yes, she has a really cool minister. He's also a Jet boat driver in the summer (gives me good surf waves, when Bungee & I are kayaking )

Come on out, when you're ready! We have lots of room for company! I'd love it!
                :h

Comment

Hello Jude,
                  Never saw your story before, even though I've been here so long.
                  Lots love and appreciation for you that you are so strong.. a great example to us all. I hope all is going well for you now.
                  Hugs

Comment

Thanks Fickle.
                    I always enjoy your posts.
                    I haven't made it to Aussie land yet, but that's on my list of places!
                    One of these days...I'd love to get down there & visit you & Ms Froggie!
                    :l

Comment

Thanks for posting your story....4 yrs. WOW......... You've come a LONG WAY BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!
                      You are truly an inspiration !!!!!!!
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Evie,
                        I love your posts... you inspire me!
                        I still have my moments now and then. But much fewer and farther between...
                        For someone who's had a pretty serious drinking career since High School (late 70's!...OMG! has it really been that long?)

The past 4 years have been some of the best quality, in decades. Thanks to finding this place. (thank you again RJ! You Rock!)

Still not sure how I did it... I think the hand of God took mine & led me here, on the day I found this site. I'm not really a "religous" person,... but, I know "somebody's" looking out for me...
                        I've had too many close calls to even question that...:h

Huge Hugs,
                        Judie

Comment

Hi Judie,
                          I just read through your journal. You are an inspiration to me! What you've been through, what we've endured only means that we've got so much strength underneath, we only have to find a way to peel back the layers and find it. You're a great role model for how people can have a better quality of life. Thank you for posting!
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

just need a little help, no lots

I am in an outpatient program. So far so good. Well accept for the headaches, stomach cramps and nervousness. However, I am determined to make it this time.I hurt alot of people I love,and that has to stop.Well, not to mention I,m killing myself. I've been drinking heavily (vodka) for the last 4 years. Anytime of day,night, it did not matter. A ll I am asking from you is a little advice and I would so appreciate the supprort. Thanks, marleywithhope

Comment

Marley,
                              :welcome:

I've also hurt a lot of people I love. It hurts ourselves when we do that.
                              This is a wonderful place for support.
                              Do you have RJ's Book? I take topa
                              I highly recommend L-Glutamine powder, B vits, green tea.

I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X