Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I really have a problem or am I in denial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Donna, I hope all is well now. Do you want to tell us what happened?
    I just received the CD's and will go out and buy the supplements. My goal is moderation, and I hope this can work.

Comment

Hey there.
      Honestly I can't remember what happened to set me off that day. I am better now, and will be starting the program tomorrow. I am bit nervouse about not drinking though. it has been so long that I have been over drinking!! I have a good support system though!
      How are you??

Donna

Comment

Wow wpryan, this could be my story.
        I too work from a home office and travel quite a bit.
        My weakness is Budweiser. I used to get the craving at 3pm, then around noon and the worst was one morning starting at 8 am.
        I had been working in my office since 6am, so I thought, hey why not. Well that ended up being about a 16 beer day. Not a great plan.

I have been making some improvements, not where I want to be but at least am on the road to recovery.
        Thanks for your post.
        cpn

Comment

I started on the vitamins, but am waiting for the kudzu to be delivered. I actually waited for a business trip to start my regimen (I'll be gone for 3 weeks). I've been married for 10 years and a 'sudden' change in my behaviour would seem a bit suspect. My wife has become accustomed to my beer intake, and although she also has concerns about the long term consequences of it, has not complained so much (the bills are getting paid and our savings account isn't suffering). I want to start first with this regiment before trying the topo, I'm still worried about the side effects.

Comment

Hi wpryan

I have been doing the program for a month or so without Topa - although I do take Wellbutrin.
            I'm doing all the supps and have the CDs, but haven't listened yet.
            So far so good.
            I am also a beer drinker. What I have done is drink the no-alcohol beer and have an ocassional glass of wine.
            That seems to work for me. Early days yet, though. I haven't tried any "real" beer. I'm still nervous about doing that.
            All the best to you.
            Helen

Comment

hi wpryan,

I'm trying to figure out if I really have a problem or not also.
              Wine seems to be my love and I try to drink one glass but it's always half to a whole bottle. Beer -- on a weekday 3-4 beers, more on a weekend. Again, I'm not a huge drinker (I'm a small person though), but it's become daily and I figure will only continue to increase. I also started not throwing empties in the recycle bin so my husband couldn't count them (paranoia).

He's never said a word and I'm sure it's because I function fine but he's not a big drinker so I'm sure he would think it best that I drink less. Given the fact that my brother and father had drinking problems at one time, I need to be aware and take care.

So review your family history too.

Reducing consumption will be better for you. And it may be that you're so use to waking up a little foggy that you don't realize it anymore. Once you reduce consumption you'll feel better - which will then reinforce the decision to reduce consumption.

Best of luck. I have read the book and am waiting for the CDs and will get a few remaining supplements this weekend. Right now I'm going to try the program without the Topomax and see how I do.

Comment

Hi Helen,
                Thanks for your response. Does the kudzu really reduce the cravings? I couldn't find it at my local GNC, so I mail ordered it. It should arrive this week. As I said in an earlier message, I waited to go on this business trip to start the regimen, for one big reason - my wife believes that I don't have an addiction (or I've tricked her into believing it), and I have my doubts. I do know that it is difficult for me to not drink every day. I know that starting to take supplements will not go unnoticed at home, so I wanted to see how things work out on my own before to continuing it at home.

Comment

hello, oshadawg
                  thanks for the response and the support. let me know how the the regimen goes without the topo.

Comment

My journey to sobriety started two years ago with a concern that I was drinking too much. I asked my friends what they thought, most had little concern or opinion but one friend who I found out much later was a sober alcholic said to me

" If you think you have a drinking problem, you probably do "

It's been a long journey to be sober two years later, but he was right. It just took me time to accept my illness and then develop a program to cure it .

One day at a time.

Why not see if you can quit for two weeks ??

Dug

Comment

Yes

I think you have a problem that you are currently managing but will eventually get out of control

Comment

Working...
                      X