a shit day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a shit day

im five days not drinking..and today is a crap day...my dog is dying and im sat here with him and its 23.30 uk time and i could murder a drink..theres a bott of wine in the kitchen..but im not gonna..i know it wont make any difference to anything if i drink it and it wont change anything...but it would stop it hurting..so ive come on here instead..maybe..just maybe..im getting somewhere...a looong day and an even longer night ahead...shelley x
    When you can look a thing in the eye,
    Acknowledge that it exists,
    Call it exactly what it is,
    And decide what role it will play in your life,
    Then my beloved,
    You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
    Iyanla Vanzant

a shit day

hang in there shelley!
    how hard, i'm so sorry about your dog.
    you are right though, drinking would make you less able to care for your pal who needs you now.

let us know how you do.

peace!

Comment

a shit day

You have my love and understanding about your dog. Mine is fifteen, has lost most of her fur due to a thyroid condition, but we think she's still our beautiful girl. We hope she lasts another year, but know they just don't last long enough. Alcohol will make you less able to deal with this. Congrats on your 5 days,though.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

a shit day

Shelley, I am so sorry about your dog, that is so hard.
        Life chucks horrible things at us sometimes, but drinking just makes them worse.
        You are doing great!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

a shit day

shelley1

hi, i'm so sorry about you dog, i am a big dog lover too - they're part of the family. Hope your ok, your right hitting the bottle doesn't make it easier. take care xx love shelley Oh and congrats on the five days - fantastic xxx

Comment

a shit day

Hi Shelley,

Well done for coming on here and posting and seeing that AL will not help. You are doing really well on 5 days.

I am deeply sorry about the dog, I totally understand your pain and think its brave of you to handle this without recourse to the wine, especially as you have it in the house. Clearly you are winning.

Big hug for you and hound......Love Moo (UK)
            "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
            but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

a shit day

Oh Shelley-

So sorry about your dog.

Prayers are being said.

Comment

a shit day

May God watch over you both.
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

a shit day

thanks everyone...it was a long night and he`s still here abiet still really ill, however he is a 17 year old cocker spaniel..a nd even though i know its enivitble i only lost my young springer two months ago..she had a bad spine and i nursed her for a year...but wheres theres life theres hope.. and i didnt drink that wine...in fact it became a little game between myself and that wine at two this morn... i knew that if i didnt drink that wine last night i was half way there.. and this morning i poured the lot down the sink...plus i told my mother who is a drink problem also (although she would never admit this) that ive stopped drinking...and today day six it seems real for the first time.god its emotionally exuasting this giving up the juice business...im shattered!lol...
                  When you can look a thing in the eye,
                  Acknowledge that it exists,
                  Call it exactly what it is,
                  And decide what role it will play in your life,
                  Then my beloved,
                  You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
                  Iyanla Vanzant

Comment

a shit day

My prayers are with you...Stay strong ...Stay Sober. I am here if you need me.
                    Always remeber that ........nothing is ever so bad that a drink won't make it worse...
                    Blessings and peace to you...
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

a shit day

You can do it Shelly ! That pooch needs you sober ! At worst he's a bad dresser ! IAD
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

a shit day

(((Shelly1)))))

Thinking of you and pulling for your sobriety and your pooch. :l

Comment

a shit day

Good for you Shelly. ODAT. So sorry about your poor dog. Hope better days are on their way for you. Stay strong my friend.
                          Starting over again
                          ray:

Comment

a shit day

Shelley,
                            Pouring out that unwanted bottle is such a liberating feeling - good for you!

I'm glad your furry friend is hanging on.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                            X