Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 months sober - here's my story!

Sausage,

Thanks so much for sharing your story. It is a great illustration of the slow, steady, and sneaky progression of alcohol and the realization that we have "crossed the line."

I am so happy for your 6 months of sobriety and of all of your accomplishments. You should be very proud and I hope you do something special for yourself this weekend.

Sausage, your children will be so much better off with a mom who is AF and living life to the fullest.

There will be times that are hard, but hold onto the strong sense of self that you have now and know that it is not worth any instant gratification that you think alcohol might bring. It's just not worth it and you are worth so much more.

Be Well,
    M3
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

Its an amazing achievement!! Well done Sausage on 6 months AF!

I could relate to so much of your story, thank you for sharing.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Congratulations sausage you have done so well. Good for you.
        BH

Comment

hi sausage,wow what a compelling story of your life s journey,,i remember when you 1st came here , a lost soul,now you have at least a foundation to work with,my dear we learn everyday,here like many other forums,we cant stop you from drink,but we can teach you a sober way of life,i hope this finds you well congratulations gyco

Comment

Many many congrats sausage. A wonderfull end to a story many can relate too.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Fantastic, and I am so glad for your two kids sake - drunken, absent ( in mind) really hurts them. You can be very proud of yourself.
              make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Just logged in after a few months of struggling, and read your inspiring story. Wonderful. I too have made it to 100 days, gave in and soon back drinking. I've been at it again recently, and gained weight - the same old tale. I'll keep your story nearby as I try - yet again - to conquer this beast. Well, well done.

Comment

Hey Sausage,
                  You are truly an inspiration - I am on day 8 AF and your story is something that I aspire to and helps me everyday to remain AF. Thank you.
                  Luba:goodjob:
                  AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

Comment

Great job! Congratulations!

Comment

Sausage,
                      Congratulations on your journey. I enjoyed reading your story, because it seems as though I can really relate to it - No traumatic childhood reasons for the almost overnight spiraling out of control drinking. I believe my drinking problem happened while being clinically depressed and had severe anxiety.

Hey Sausage - don't run just one more marathon! Go for more. You deserve it!
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Sausage,
                        You have acheived so much. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations on 6 months.
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

:goodjob: Well Done Sausage - you must be so proud! I continue to struggle, but reading stories like yours gives me hope that one day I will be able to join you and be AF too. Best wishes Snapdragon.
                          Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

its my first time here,.,i am off booze over 10 years at frist it was great and then i got kind of moody or grumpy never fully happy,,.i tried prozacand lexopro and i nearly went mad,,.i wish i knew more abotu naltraxone or some other mood lifter,. iam mixed i think beweetn anyxiety and depression,.i go jogging for a few days full of beans and then want to go bed in evenings ,.i am certain there is some medication that i have no discovered yet out ther to help me,,.,.i go to aa and wonder does that make me depressed,,. any help appreciated,.,.mike from ireland

Comment

Conratulations on your 6 months Sausage!

Your story is truly inspiring. I hope every new member reads it and is inspired.
                              I truly hope that my success continues as long as yours has - I am now approaching 7 weeks. I know as well that I will never be able to drink again. I'm not even missing it at this point because I'm happy and feel so much better.

Stay well and keep enncouraging all of us.
                              Lavande
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your encouraging posts and comments and for taking the time to read "my story". I intend to post on here and update you every now and then, although there's not a lot to add yet - just one week on. I really hope this does inspire someone - particularly those who are on that "slippery slope" drifting steadily out of control like I was - it doesn't just happen overnight - but suddenley you are out of control.

Sobriety is easier than it has been (as after over 6 months on now, I am out of the routine of drowning my sorrows / relaxing in it every evening), but I still have to work at it. As I mentioned earlier, I came close to slipping up just days before my 6 month anniversary. Bizzarely, and I can't get my head round why this is - whilst in some ways I feel stronger than ever, yet at the same time I know in my heart of hearts that if I do start drinking - just trying to moderate etc - I will be definitely drinking AT HIGHER LEVELS THAN EVER BEFORE within days - don't ask me why I know this, I just do and it will be harder than ever to stop.

Thanks again for all your positive comments and messages of congratulations - (i've stopped counting the days and am working towards my 1 year sobriety anniversary now.) I'm glad some of you are inspired by my story - all your positive comments and support provide me with the inspiration and support to keep going - so it works both ways, and from the bottom of my heart thanks again everyone on MWO for keeping me going these last few months.

Comment

Working...
                                X