Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Truly inspirational, your a credit to yourself and to everyone here
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

WOOHOO Mario - you are amazing, friend.
      You & your story are very special - you're leading & teaching by example. Thankyou so much for sharing.
      SMOOOOCHIES!! xo

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Mario - Joe, thank you for bumping this. I had not read it before and I am in awe. Thank you for having the courage to share. You are incredible and such a tower of strength - I wish you evey success in your steps forward. I see you frequently on the posts where I am learning to get my support and to be comfortable, you write short eloquent posts that offer sage advice and gentle support. Thank you for being here every day and supporting those of us who are struggling in our first steps. In my work, we call this paying it forward.
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Mario, thanks for sharing your story so honestly. I've been here for a long time too, and had never known any of your situation. You have a lot of help to share.

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

:bump::hallo:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Mario your story bought tears to my eyes what a brave and courageous man you are to overcome AL. you are an inspiration and ty for sharing your story.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Thanks for sharing your inspiring story Joe it gives me hope and engouragement. I grew up in a drinking culture too.

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

:imglad:3 years alcohol free today,Never give up hope that you can do it as it can and will be done as proved by many people who grace the forums of MYWAYOUT:illbeback::thanks:

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Three years! WOW! Thank you for sharing your story. I imagine your life is so very, very diferent now. I wish you much love and happiness for all to come. And how nice of you to still be here on MWO helping all us newbies. Thank you!
                    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Joe, all your posts are inspiring. Your story is nothing less.

You are so self aware and insightful.
                      You are an example of how much getting off AL is not only about putting down the bottle, but about changing our attitudes.
                      And you communicate it perfectly.

Your family are no doubt very proud to have such a wise man in their lives.
                      To see a world in a grain of sand
                      And a heaven in a wildflower.
                      Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                      And eternity in an hour.

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Truly inspirational thank you Mario.

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Mario, That is such a moving story. I also come from Ireland (Kildare) and the hardship and poverty will never be forgotten. O yes and the drinking!! Good for you for making such massive changes to your life! I wish you hope and strength for the future.
                          Poppykin

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Four years alcohol free, I never looked this far ahead when I started out but I am one proud happy marioman today :-),Thank you MWO.

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Thank you for sharing your amazing story. I look forward to following in your footsteps!
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

sad story with a happy ending! great job mario you are inspiring
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X