Hi Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am 39 years old and have been drinking about a 5th of vodka a night for about the last 14 years. I have tried to quite on several occasions but to no avail. Two years ago when I tried to quit it landed me in the emergancy room. That was a night to remember. I thought i was having a heart attack. I am to the point now that I only drink a pint every night with a occasional slip about once a week were i end up drinking a whole 5th.
    Seems like for some reason now that if I drink a 5th I feel like s---- and if I drink a pint I feel like s----. I did end up in the er again last night, Same thing. It felt like my heart was going to explode. They did tell me though that my vitamins and mineral content was extremily low in my blood work. I thought about how funny that was because I just finised reading MYO. Today I have really bulked up on the vitamins and I think I am starting to feel better. And I have only had one drink tonight. Yet......

Looking forward to talking soon!!!
    Man is free at the moment he wishes to be

Hi Everyone

hi rancher and a big :welcome:,you have joined a great community with great support and advice,there are lots of threads here that you can join in.if you like you can start with the newbies thread and take it from there,also the army thread which is all about everything :goodjob:dont quit quiting

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hi Rancher,

Welcome. Read as much as you can here. You know and we all know that your (and our) drinking is not healthy and it is a progressive disease. You can reverse some of the damage and starting with the vitamins and supplements is a good idea. Work on a plan. Cut down on consumption. Be careful of detoxing on your own, it can be dangerous. Come here for support.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Hi Everyone

Welcome, Rancher. You will find many, many wise, loving, and concerned voices here. Read, read, read, and HOORAY for getting that bloodwork. Follow up on it religiously. Your B-vitamins are VERY important - I was at the point my doc wanted me to get daily injections, but I started taking it in pill form 3x a day, and it makes me feel SSOO much better. I hope you stay here, keep us posted, and if you really want to succeed, PARTCIPATE! You're on the right trail!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
        X