my first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first post.

:new:Hello, I have been drinking since I was ten (steadily since 16) and I have tried to quit many times to no avail. I am now 37 and have one beautiful 6month old son with another child on the way and this time it is for real. I have been AF for 4days and feel gr8. I am on campral and this has made all the difference this time as I find myself thinking of beer with a kind of wonder( ie: wow haven't thought of beer in hours instead of minutes) instead of a kind of craving lust as was the norm a few short days ago. This is my first post as you can see and I hope to be active and find support and one day BE a support to someone else.

:thanks:
    AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

my first post.

hi and :welcome: aspman you have made a big step toward a new life by coming here,read as many threads and posts as you can,also take a look at the newbies thread,where you will get great support & advice.hope you stick around.We dont recieve wisdom we must discover it for ourselfs after a journey that no one else can take for us :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

my first post.

:welcome:

Hi Aspman,
      You have come to the right place for support and guidance--this is a fantastic community.
      :goodjob: on 4 AF days.
      Stick close, post often, and get to know everybody on the various threads.
      Good luck!

Comment

my first post.

Welcome Aspman,
        Having "little ones" in the house is a real inspiration, isn't it? I wish you the best on your own personal journey....this is a good place to be for support. I look forward to your future posts!
        Kriger
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

my first post.

Hi Aspman- I am new as well and on 2nd day AF. Good luck to you

Comment

my first post.

:welcome: aspman! Congratulations on 4 days AF - that is AWESOME! Your children's lives AND your life will be oh so much better without AL in the mix. Hope to get to know you better on this journey.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X