My Way Out - Week 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Way Out - Week 6

I started MWO on October 5th, so I am now in week 6. I can't begin to tell you how my life has changed on this program. If you can read my original post from October 4th (or 3rd, I can't remember), I was at a point where I was drinking more than a large bottle of wine every day, for many years. I've been taking all of the supplements religiously, listened to the hypno CDs, and am up to 150mg of Topamax per day. I've lost over 10 pounds, my skin looks better, and my hair has stopped falling out. Vanity aside, and most importantly, I've gotten myself out of the house and started building relationships with people. I'm not depressed anymore, I'm a better mother, and I feel positive about my future. I just had to stop by and share, since I was on the site to replenish some of the supplements. For anyone here just starting your journey, like I was six weeks ago, hang in there and know that this program really WORKS. Honestly, it's the miracle I was looking for.

My Way Out - Week 6

That is fantastic news brooklynmom. Good for you!!!!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your success :h:h

Best wishes on your journey.:l

DLA
    Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
    Sir Walter Scott
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

My Way Out - Week 6

Congratulations, brooklynmom! That's fantastic - it is always inspiring to hear success stories!

Best wishes on your continued success - Much love to you!!
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

My Way Out - Week 6

Hi there Brooklynmum.
        I love to read inspirational stories like yours.
        Keep up the good work!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

My Way Out - Week 6

well done brooklyn mum hope you stick around here and let us no how your doing. by sharing your experience here you may help others, goodluck

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My Way Out - Week 6

Hi BM,
            Thanks for sharing this. Noting how your life has changed in 6 weeks really buoys me up. Please God in 4 weeks I will posting similarly about my first 6 weeks.

DS

Comment

My Way Out - Week 6

Hi Brooklynmom,
              Sobriety brings clarity. It reminds of us that sometime we are letting the world go by, without us on board. A smile from a child instead of a disapproving frown is your reward. Sobriety takes patience, with ourself and faith in knowing that there is a better tomorrow. If you ask most recovering alcoholics, 99.9% of them will tell you how their life improved DRAMATICALLY. We have to follow the light that led the others and believe for us too, we will be happy again.

I'm day 43. Striving for many more. Doing it each day as it comes. If I worry about tomorrow, I will miss today.

Stay here fore support and encouragement. A great group of people here to help!
              AF since 2/4/10
              Nicotine free since 3/31/10
              FINALLY FREE

Comment

My Way Out - Week 6

Hey what an encouraging post! Im only on day 2 but i got up this morning and my daughter asked me what was wrong?? I said nothing was wrong and asked why she thought there was. She told me i was happy and singing! What more encouragement do i need to stay sober! x

Comment

My Way Out - Week 6

From another Brooklyn mom, great work! You are an inspiration!

CFW

Comment

My Way Out - Week 6

Am just past a week and also finding the success stories of people who have been where I have and emerged a big part of how I keep going. Thank you Brooklyn mum.
                    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Working...
                    X