Hey Drunks Like me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Drunks Like me

My Name is Rick G and I'm an alcoholic, I started drinking about 30 years ago and was having a great time till about 5 years ago when I realized I was unable to stop but I never really thought of myself as one of you, I could be, I have a great job, Great Family and all the thinks a regular guy should have till the black out started, I would get off work and sit with the guy and drink lots of beer and never remember getting home.

I have never got a DUI been in Jail the only thing I've lost is the Love and respent of my Amazing Wife but I thought she was being a killjoy, tick in the mud, I know now that I was sooo, sooo wrong.

That is it in short I now have 128 days today with the help of my Loving God and a fellowship I have joined, I'm slowly getting my life back together day by day.

Thank you for letting me share this with you all
    :thanks:
    :colorwelcome:(AF 7/13/2009) :h Get back in the Drivers seat of your own Life! Go to www.Sober4LifeClub.com and solve your problems!
    Voice your opinion at The Club for Drunks
    this has Just started so be one of the First! :h

Hey Drunks Like me

:welcome: Hey Rick ,
    I'm glad your here ! Congrats on your AF days ! Keep going , you'll earn back your wifes respect ! take care and stay sober :l Em

Get on DrinkTracker , I love signing in everyday and entering a " 0 " :-)
    Non Drinker 9/09
    Non Smoker 6/09
    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

Emmy;760374 wrote: :welcome: Hey Rick ,
      I'm glad your here ! Congrats on your AF days ! Keep going , you'll earn back your wifes respect ! take care and stay sober :l Em

Get on DrinkTracker , I love signing in everyday and entering a " 0 " :-)
      Sounds great How do I get on drunkTracker?
      :colorwelcome:(AF 7/13/2009) :h Get back in the Drivers seat of your own Life! Go to www.Sober4LifeClub.com and solve your problems!

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

Sober4life, welcome, it is very nice to see you here. Congrats on your AF days that is really great.
        Keep safe
        KTAB
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

Hello Rick and congratulations on your AF time. You have found a great community here to share your journey with. Different things work for different people but what I find great about this place is the 24/7 access. Wishing you continued sucess in your journey.

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

Hey.
            Thanks for sharing your story. Wow 128 days af you have really done so well and must have completely turned your life around!
            Keep going you are an inspiration to us just starting out.
            Take lots of care. x

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

welcome, you have come to great community with lots of advice and support,well done on your 128 days,keep it up and i hope you stick around.read as many threads/posts as you can as that will certainly help you and show you you are certainly not alone.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

hey rick, welcome to mwo and congrats on your AF time
                life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

You are so welcome here. I read a lot into what you say, understand how hard it is for a man to find himself out of control, and the peer pressure from his 'buds' is always there. It's so wonderful you've had some time under your belt so you can look at your life, and realize that it does need a plan, and a good relationship requires work. You are among friends. I hope you find your place here.
                  Rubes
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

I so happy for all the support everyone gives hear, I love this community

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

:welcome: sober4life!! Congratulations on your sober time - that is awesome. I wake up each day determined not to let AL back into my life - ever. He robs us of so much. I bet your wife is happy about your progress too!

Strength and hope,

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey Drunks Like me

Hi Rick
                        My first time on this site and not familiar with 'how it works' really. Not sure how to get people's replies, help anyone? I am 6.5 mths sober due to my loving heavenly father and AA. Didnt know this monster was a disease and genetic so once I accepted this fact, reading the big book (love the stories) I decided to quit for life after 35 years (oh my God, a long time) but a lot of people keep going and the end result is a very sad one. So by 'one day at a time' I keep going. Not always easy, but definitely has to 100% better than the hellish days on the booze. The mornings are wonderful to wake up sober, with new hope for every new day. I wish all of you the very best on your journey. Love Sue

Comment

Working...
                        X