I admitted it today :-((( /women only/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me Myself! Thanks fo sharing your story! So many of us did turn to wine during extremely stressful times..it does seem to act as a depressant for some...it does for me! Congratulations on the big decision to adopt a child, but more importantly to take care of the alcohol habit! What a wonderful gift to bring to your new marriage and child. This is a great program..and lots of wonderful souls here to walk with you! Keep coming back.
    Di

Comment

Thank You To All

To All:

Well, because of all of your support and encouragement....I have been wine free for 7 days now!
      Thank all of you for all of the posts I have read, and for the chats I have either participated in, or just merely lurked in the shadows. I received my CD's today, and have been taking the supps for about 4 days now. I must say that I feel good both physically and mentally. I am so happy that I stumbled onto the web-site. So many wonderful people here!

-Kim

Comment

The word 'shame' is such a powerful word isn't it? I too fee so much shame. I think it is the reason why many of us go back to the alcohol. After reading these posts, it kind of dawned on me. I too am a stay at home mom, 34 yrs, and am tired of the wine and vodka. My guilt and shame keep me in the dark. I desperately want to see the light! hang in there everyone!
        __________________________________________________ ____________________

Comment

to all of you

To the newbies......

Yes, the shame and the quilt and the "I hate who I am" and the "what do I do and how do I do it?"

Isn't it a relief to know that we have a place to go that understands, but gently (hopefully) quides us to a fresh path?

I'm just so tired, I have a hard time holding the new course when the old one is so familiar (aka: easy).

It is NOT easy. It is not black and white, but that's what we can bounce off one another - WITHOUT SHAME.

Welcome

Helen

Comment

Working...
          X