Sober..sorry

Comment

one year sober - its possible

thanks

thanks for this.

Comment

Thanks a lot for that Brigit.

Sometimes one year seems sooooo long. Your experience showed that it IS possible to stay off the booze for a year.

As for drinking in moderation, I agree with you, it's hard. I can make it. It's either black or white. And I guess, I can say for most of us, if we're really honest to ourselves, it's better to stay off it altogether. The first glass could be the beginning of another nightmare.

Thanks again for sharing your story,

Best :h
        Paddy
        Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Brigid~~You give us all so much hope. You are one of the main reasons I keep coming back to the boards! I feel so lucky to have ' met' you here on the journey. You are a positive role model and proof that it can be done! Thank you! Love, Gina

Comment

wow, i hadnt noticed all the lovely messages here.. thanks chaps.. and chapesses.

truly humbled
            brigid

Comment

Hi Brigid!

I don't have time to read all over the boards as much as I used to, but this caught my eye today, and I must say that I thank you for sharing your story. You are so inspirational, and I just love it when you share your experiences with us. It's hard to think about a year of sobriety, but you show that it is done a day, a week and a month at a time. Thanks for being a part of this community.

Hugs and congratulations,

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Just saw this!
                I have grown to have so much respect for you and am so glad for you to have reached this milestone!! I truly often think of you and your wise words and kind way. Often, I recall the tale you reminded us of the person who keeps falling in the hole and eventually decides to not only get out more easily or to go around the hole in the road, but to find a different road altogeher!
                My husband got me a little inspirational book recently and I just pulled it out to try to find a quote or two for you. An "Anniversary Gift" for you, if you will:h I chose 'em just for you!!

Here goes:

"Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I'll show you someone who has overcome adversity." --Lou Holtz

and this one especially from me to you...

"Most of our limitations are self-imposed. Roger Bannister was the first human to run a sub-four-minute mile--a barrier that was previously deemed unsurmountable. Immediately after Bannister proved it was "possible", runners all over the world repeated his feat. --Bob Moawad

lastly:

"The besst way to predict the future is to invent it." -- Alan Kay.

Keep it up, Brigid. You rock. :l :l
                Love,

Comment

Brgid
                  Thanks for sharing your story. As one who is starting out (first month, and struggling) your words bring great confidence.
                  Peace to you
                  Thanks
                  Dan

Comment

thanks

for posting this. amasing to see.
                    well done.

Comment

about time too

Has this person gone back to drinking?
                      I dont see posts from her anymore. Has she still been successful?

Comment

Working...
                      X