X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here - feel like a fraud!

MYO not MYTS

Oh tkeene - thank you sweets
    I welcome the lynching if it comes. Bring it on. I just think we can not let my way out become my way to stay. MYO not MYTS When the board become dominated by more who are failing than winning we have to ask
    1. Where have all the winners gone?
    2. How do we keep the winners staying longer to help those in need?
    3. Does it matter?

Love to you tkeen
    Liv
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Thanks to both. No lynching. I have been thinking a lot. I KNOW part of my problem is seeing so many others struggling, so that idiot part of my brain pushes the thought, "there's so many others still in the muck. I'm not all that bad ....." I don't know if it necessarily involves "tough love" or "coddling." I just know it contributes to making no progress. But I hope to soon post some of my own success.
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Congratulations to Satori on your success my friend!! I am just bringing myself back now, but I hold you in my heart as an inspiration. You did it - I know I can do it to.

And many thanks to Livingfree for bringing Satori's story to the forefront. My how things CAN change in a year!!

Hi tkeene!

Livingfree, I appreciate very much what you said about the balance between understanding the difficult struggle where we sometimes need a pat on the back - but also the times where it's NOT OK to slip and fall - we have to stay booze free if we want to be booze free.

What I have learned since last July is that I CANNOT drink. I went AF for 60 days, which means I CAN do it - period. I MUST stop making excuses, and just get busy. I can't afford to feel like it's "OK" for me to fall off the wagon, because I have discovered first hand exactly where that leads me - right back to the bottle, do not pass go, do not collect $200.. (no criticism to others who are able to mod)

Anyway, I will write more in my own story thread rather than take Satori's askew.

But Satori totally rocks, and if he can do it, so can the rest of us.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Wow!!! It is impossible for me to fathom Satori even thinking of MOD's! Yes, just look at how far he has come in a relatively short period of time! It just shows what this program, an open mind and determination can do!!!! WOO HOO!

Satori, I miss you!!

XXX Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Glad to see the beginning of your story, Sartori. You offer wisdom and comfort to so many of us.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

When I first joined he posted to me and I printed it out... I know it word for word,I just know he will come back because its in his heart....till then I will thank him always xx
              Jacqui xxx
              Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Liv, good job!

I have to admit you scared the living hell out of me. I did not pay attention to the date and thought it was a new post by Yoda (Satori) himself!! I was on the verge of tears thinking - NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! THIS CAN NOT BE HAPPENING!!!!!!

But seeing how your message is such a strong and positive one, I forgive you. :h

And I agree with you 100%. You are a wonderful asset to this site. And I am thankful you are here.

I miss you, Yoda.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

IT'S TIME

Thankful - I worried about that for a minute -- (people thinking he was back - regressed) but I risked it because He was the one person I watched on this site for a long time before I ever "logged" in as a member or read the book. I miss him - AND WE NEED HIM BACK

Anyway - The comments here (Thanks so Dex, TK, dow ) show that we have big shoes to fill and we all need to give it our all.

Sooooo to all who are ready to STEP up and either MODERATE the way the program was intended OR abstain from Alcohol - LETS DO IT!

LIV
                  AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

hi there satori.. welcome back and looking farward to reading your post and livingfree you are awesome and i agree it is time
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                    X