Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm in trouble and no one knows but me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in trouble and no one knows but me!!

Dear Caroline,
    Welcome to MWO.
    I did the same as you when my first husband died. I understand your desolation and feelings of despair and lonliness.

"Thrilled to be here." So was I when like you I found this site exactly the same way you did.
    It has literally saved my life. You'll find lots of support here.
    Bluebelle put it so succinctly about the crutch of alcohol.
    When we are depressed we often unconsciously lean towards things which reinforce those feelings, so it becomes almost overwhelming.
    I seldom watch the news, and haven't bought a newspaper for years. Not because I bury my head in the sand, but I don't need the same story dished up to me night after night.
    Good news just isn't newsworthy unfortunately.
    The hole: Grab on and pull yourself out, then fill it in so you don't accidentally trip in again. Just tackle small pieces at a time. If you try to do it all in one go, you may find it a bit daunting. So maybe set yourself a plan of some sort, and a couple of rules that you know you'll be able to keep such as I won't drink while I'm in MWO, I won't drink till after dinner. Then gradually you can up the ante so to speak. Look on this as a thrilling exciting journey rather than a drudge, and be kind and patient with yourself.
    Oh, and if you slip up, that's fine. Just don't go too near that damned hole ! Turn round and keep walking in the direction of moderation.

Comment

Working...
    X