Chicken to post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken to post.

I have beeen reading forums here for awhile but was always too chicken to post. There has been alot going on lately including a manic/depressive husband who forced me to flee the house after his last manic. He blames my drinking on his problems. If I didn't drink he wouldn't go on a manic. I was 65 days sober when I returnd to live with my 2 son's. I am 56 years old and living off my children. How depressing is that, and soon started drinking again. As things were going down hill fast I needed to do something. Even just get out of the house. I went to the communiy centre to see if they needed any volunters, they offered me a job. Part-time but it's a start. Life was a little bit happier. Last week my brother resigned as co-power of attorney leaving my sister in control. I spent monday-thursday trying to get legal advise about filing to have sister removed as sole poa but I also drank a 26 of vodka a day. Friday, I told myself I was not going to be any good to anyone drunk or drinking. Felt alot of shame Friday and very sick, did not have a drink. I also did not drink yesterday, and with strength will not drink today. I can't get these feelings of shame/quilt to leave, but I'm not going to let it lead me to drink so I posted. I do feel a little better for doing so.

Chicken to post.

Welcome. I'm a little confused. Your sister has sole POA for whom?
    I hope you are feeling a little better today. I am so sorry to hear about your husband, thank goodness you still have your sons. Have you considered seeing a doctor, you sound pretty depressed.
    Stay close and let us know how you are making out.:l
    Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
    If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
    November 2, 2012

Comment

Chicken to post.

Sorry - sole poa of my father. I have been seeing a doctor because of the amount of anxiety I had. Problem was everytime she asked me if I've been drinking I said no. Dr can't help me if I'm not honest. I am feeling better ever since I posted. Thanks for replying Wally22

Comment

Chicken to post.

Welcome porqoui. Nice to have you here with us!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Chicken to post.

porqoui;1344177 wrote: I have beeen reading forums here for awhile but was always too chicken to post. There has been alot going on lately including a manic/depressive husband who forced me to flee the house after his last manic. He blames my drinking on his problems. If I didn't drink he wouldn't go on a manic. I was 65 days sober when I returnd to live with my 2 son's. I am 56 years old and living off my children. How depressing is that, and soon started drinking again. As things were going down hill fast I needed to do something. Even just get out of the house. I went to the communiy centre to see if they needed any volunters, they offered me a job. Part-time but it's a start. Life was a little bit happier. Last week my brother resigned as co-power of attorney leaving my sister in control. I spent monday-thursday trying to get legal advise about filing to have sister removed as sole poa but I also drank a 26 of vodka a day. Friday, I told myself I was not going to be any good to anyone drunk or drinking. Felt alot of shame Friday and very sick, did not have a drink. I also did not drink yesterday, and with strength will not drink today. I can't get these feelings of shame/quilt to leave, but I'm not going to let it lead me to drink so I posted. I do feel a little better for doing so.
          HI PORQOUI and Welcome, welcome :welcome:

your husband must know MY husband!!! :H

And even though I'm not drinking , guess what? I'm still a bitch and all to blame for all his troubles...

You're in a great place to get healthy and this will give your children a wonderful example of someone struggling and having victory!

Stay close as Wally advises, lots of good folks here,

Hugs,
          :l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Chicken to post.

Thanks for making me laugh Kradle123. Maybe they do know each other!!
            And thanks Techie for the welcome. I'm glad I posted.

Comment

Chicken to post.

Hi Again Porquoi
              Well now that you have put your toe in the water, it's time to get wet! Why don't you join one of the forums and get to know everyone here.
              Newbie's Nest is usually a good start, but there are lots of forums and you are welcome on all of them.

Best of luck:welcome:
              Wally22:confusedmonkey::confusedmonkey::confusedmo nkey:
              If I don't want to brag but I can still wear the earings I wore in highschool
              November 2, 2012

Comment

Chicken to post.

Welcome porquoi!!
                Voulez vious francais??
                Jump in anywhere......One Step at A Time is a warm place to start
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                X