Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashamed, Sad, Hopeless and Helpless

Hi Serenity,

Like the others have said don't beat yourself up about embarrasing things you have done. It always seems worse to us I think. Most people are too wrapped up in their own lives to dwell on our escapades.

Todays news is tomorrows chip paper!!! Hang in there.

Love Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Comment

Hello Serenity1. It is good that you express your self here. I have been in this situation so many times , make fool about my self or cry or fight or say up loud some secrets in front of my friends or co-workers. The day after is the worst day and that feeling. Not to know what you have done and have to meet face to face all people in work. Blackouts are my middlename so you are not alone. I was though fast to learn to never drink with co-workers. But I made fool of my self then just down town. The only thing here is time. If people in your work talk about your behaviour when your drunk just say you are sorry. You did not kill anybody or did some crime. I know I can not drink and I have been sober now for one months but I feel better and I have stopped think all the time what other people feel about me and who saw me an on and on.
      Good luck to be sober and here is a good place
      Take care ,
      Ylfa icelander

Comment

I can certainly empathize. Just joined today for the same reasons. Hoping, like you, to find some sanity and grace thru this journey

Comment

Okay Serenity.... I have a confession, I drank last night til all hours with a friend (also an addict) feeling sick and tired and shamed! I can soooo relate to your struggle. I belong to another group on line that is complete sobriety group think. And even though I have made some good friends there, I am ashamed to even admit to them that I have slipped into old habits twice in the last two weeks. I was so strong in other situations during that time as well.... so at least I am making some progress. And by coming here and discussing your issues openly you are well on your way to a brighter future. I believe that together we can support and sympathize with you. Let's start fresh today.:upset: :agreed: ray:

Comment

Working...
          X