Not exciting, but still My Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent a lot of time writing down "that feeling" two weeks ago in case I am tempted - I can go and read it before I drink. Sounds like you're doing well!

Comment

this is the most common aspect arrives sooner or later to everyone's life so why to let it take a toll over you instead try to remain as cheerful as you were

Comment

Hi Overit,i was just reading back and you said you didnt think you were one of "those alcoholics" i just wanted to say for me personally,it semmed every time i relapse its worse and worse,the drinking gets heavier and ive drank more than i ever did when i was a daily drinker,dunno why,my thoughts are with you i know you have the strentgh to do this
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Pauly-I am one of "those drunks", I just didn't realize it. But, today is my last reset....guaranteed. I'm so excited to look to my SOBER future.

I drank so much on the EVE of Christmas Eve that I was drunk until 1PM on Christmas Eve. Too drunk to drive at 1:00 in the afternoon, from the night before! I still had shopping to do. What a waste of a beautiful season. Yes, Pauly, as you state "each relapse is worse and worse, the drinking gets heavier and ive drank more than i ever did when i was a daily drinker" which would have been my argument to just drink daily. LOL!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Good Day #2 of the rest of my life! It feels good to sleep and wake up sober. It really is just a relief.

There is no argument in my head. I'm not sitting at work thinking about drinking, wondering if I should pick up my bottle at my lunch hour (because hopefully a different clerk was working and wouldn't notice my perfect attendance) and then not be able to pop it open until after work, how quickly I can get that buzz going after work BUT WAIT, how, after I've gotten that buzz on after only being home for 30 minutes (only if I didn't get into it at lunch time) am I going to stay awake past 7, how do I avoid passing out on the floor wasting a whole evening when I could be enjoying my husbands company. Oh, the wringing of the sweat on my hands and the thoughts that would just overtake every part of my life planning those drinks. It was like another full time job that no one knew I had.

I'm free from all of that. I've thrown off that cloak (but not the bag). I've got choices now that I didn't have before because AL was running my life, and laughing at me!

Happy day #2!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Hi Over!

Just checkin' in on you my friend...did you TTFP today?? (take the fucking pill)...excuse my French :l
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

yes maam, and intend to every day! I will be picking up a new prescription tomorrow also. Thanks for checking on me.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Great job, Overit! When drinking becomes harder than NOT drinking, it's time to stop the madness. I'm so proud of you! xo, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks Byrdie! It's time for me to grow up in regards to this affliction. I know what to do, I've got the tools to do it but I was lazy, I LIKED getting buzzed, but I wouldn't stop at a buzz. I became a sloppy drunk. And then, I could come here and everyone would say "it's OK" "get back on the horse" phooey............I soaked it up but it was all a cop out. There is no excuse other than I could and you all would "understand." No offense to anyone who really has the physical addiction like my father, he HAD to have it, I've seen him convulse before. No, mine (fortunately as of now) is in the mind and that I can get over, it just takes hard work, but there is no excuse.

I appreciate everything you do here.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Overit,i agree on the "oh you slipped,get back up"sayings too,but then its kinda good cuz i think if people are too harsh it may cause the person to keep drinking,you are right in that we have to grow up and be accountable for ourselves,before it gets worse,which it will
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

So happy you're back, Overit. We missed you! :bagdude:

Comment

Beautiful day here, day 5 to be exact. Strange how slow it seems to be going this time, but I don't mind, I have the rest of my life.

I was saying, over on the Newbie board that I am so thankful to wake up sober. I have no headache, not sick to my stomach, not just slothing along, GSR, knowing I have to make through this whole day like that. I'm awake, bright white eyes, getting in a great workout, eating a healthy breakfast, excited to see what this day is going to bring. I'm alive and sober. That's so awesome.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

I have to mention.......I actually asked for prayer from an organization when I quit this last time. It's AMAZING what prayer can do. I just wanted strength to get through this but my desire for AL has been COMPLETELY taken away.....in mind and body. WOW! God is absolutely awesome!

Day 8 of the rest of my life! Feeling great.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

So glad you are doing well and on Day 8. Way to go you!! And yes, God is our Loving Father and He does wonderful things for his children.
                              JMum
                              My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

just read through this thread. I don't have any words of wisdom but thanks for your honest posts of your journey. al lot of food for thought.... alcoholism is most certainly a progressive disease.
                                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Working...
                                X