Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sick and tired of feeling like shit

Hi Cap!
    I've found that 2-3 mg of melatonin will help with the sleep! Great dreams too!
    Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hey Captain! Love your avatar, very cool!!

Congrats on three days AF!!! That is so wonderful! You can do this. I think the third day was the toughest for me if I remember correctly. Playing with the kids that is a choice issue and that is so sweet to hear they are eating up that attention.

Great Advice Rocky, plan out the weekend ahead of time, especially the first drink of the day time. that seemed to be my toughest time, it would call as soon as I made it home from work no matter if it was 5:30 or 8:30. Take the kudzu and L-glutamine. Hope it is a great weekend!!

Hugs and Love,
      Mary

Comment

Captain;
        You are doing great! Look back over this thread and see your progress! 3 days AF!!! When is the last time you could say that???? If it gets tough this weekend read the book again. Even if it is just to take up some time, it will give you some inspiration. Or, log on here and chat it up with these great folks. Keep up the momentum. You sound like you are in a better place physically and emotionally already.
        I had a moment last night that I realized when I was drinking heavily I would have already been "done" with the kids by that hour. But there I was still having a good time with them. It was around 7:30 and we were just working on a little craft project, nothing special, but we were doing it together. Had I been drinking, it would never have happened because I would have been already so full of vodka I wouldn't have been able to participate. Can't change the past, but we can try to make up for some lost time.

Have a great weekend!
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

This is the first Friday night in probalby years that i am not drinking. I have a bottle of water, what is up with that. LOL
          Its strange being sober; huh, so this is how normal people are :H

Comment

Captain....was just reading through your thread. Oh my gosh...I am so impressed. WAY TO GO!!!!! You are my hero!!!!! I'm smiling looking at your picture and thinking of the huge steps you have made, and sending you a big cyber mug of frosty root beer for this Friday evening! Cheers, Mate!

Comment

sami;115002 wrote: Captain....was just reading through your thread. Oh my gosh...I am so impressed. WAY TO GO!!!!! You are my hero!!!!! I'm smiling looking at your picture and thinking of the huge steps you have made, and sending you a big cyber mug of frosty root beer for this Friday evening! Cheers, Mate!

Thanks Sami, day 4 is down and Saturday is up. Each day i am growing a litte more confident.

My wife cant believe it, she got home last night from work(nurse) and found me at home sober as church mouse. So impress was she , i got a little. Thats enough for me to stay sober again tonight. lol

Thanks all for the words of encouragement

Comment

Today i celebrate one week.

WHOOOOOOOOOOO, no booze

My wife still cant beleive i have done this

Comment

That's awesome Captain. Keep going!!!
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hello Captain Morgan. I feel for you but you know it is necessery to do something now. Please go to next aa meeting in your town and get a sponser. But for my own experience the big decision is to want to stop and than it is possible to go on. I have a Ma degree in embarrising things that I have done when I am drunk so I have understanding there to. But we can not hit our self everyday for this things because then we can not go on.
                    Sorry about my english , I am foreigner.
                    My best regards, Ylfa

Comment

Hi Captain, and a belated :welcome: !

What a great start :goodjob: - it's amazing how quickly the pluses to not drinking add up - the time with the children is unbelievably valuable, new-found closeness to wife (I imagine it's been pretty difficult for her), soon even the most every day things will take on a new clarity! - Life is wonderful this side of the bottle, so welcome and looking forward to hearing of your continued success!
                      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                      Goals:
                      Days 1-7 DONE
                      Days 8-14 DONE
                      Days 15-21 DONE
                      30 days DONE
                      60 days
                      100 days

Comment

Hi Ca[ptain morgan..just caught up to see how you are doing...fantastic..keep going.glad your wife is so pleased!!Happy Easter..go play with the kids!!

Regards cassy

Comment

Good luck captain!
                          You can do it!:welcome:

Comment

HI Captain,
                            I'm so inspired by your story...and happy for you and your family..keep posting, it helps us all!
                            d

Comment

I am on week 2 AF, feel good and have lost weight. Wife and kids left this morning to GA to see my mother in law.

I really feel in control, i think of drinking, but i dont want to go there anymore. I am really enjoying my wife and kids. My wife told me its like she has a new boyfriend, one who remembers everything and doesnt drink.

To anyone who is struggling, week 2 has been much easier for me, i am now sleeping great and eating better.

God bless all of you for your well wishes.

Comment

I'm the same age as you Captain and I too put on loads of weight from drinking and eating late at night. I've embarassed myself when out and when I'm in the house.
                                I've passed out while on the toilet and have frequently fallen asleep burning food and this became so bad that I started just microwaving meals!!!!

Good Luck Captain you've made a impressive start.

Comment

Working...
                                X