Betty's story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betty's story

Thanks Betty and thanks to all . It's amazing how alcohol has afected so many people all over the world from the begining of time. I am ashamed to say but have drink more longer 5than most 24/7 longer than I want to admit. But point is 2nd month here and got down to 6 pack a night. Not perfect but hope hope. Thanks Betty you help me me share where I am at . Long list but hey to lushy D and Pop Eye and all of you you know who you are . Tom

Comment

Betty's story

Thanks, Betty - what a courageous and admirable lady you are! So glad you feel strong enough now to share - and YES! be proud!!
      Many :l
      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
      Goals:
      Days 1-7 DONE
      Days 8-14 DONE
      Days 15-21 DONE
      30 days DONE
      60 days
      100 days

Comment

Betty's story

Betty,

Yours is a remarkable story, of which to be proud! You offer great inspiration here. :goodjob:

Thank you!

Best
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Betty's story

thanks for sharing your story betty. I started drinking heavily 6 years ago after my divorce. I had found myself in dangerous situations as a result. almost lost my car and my home. amazing i kept my job. have since met and married wonderful man. have however had hard time quitting drinking. also hide extra wine in house. feel I am dragging hubs down into my drinking world. he did not drink much when I met him but now can keep up with me. I have been reading this board for about 3-4 weeks now. I now know i am not alone in this. I have been moderating, some AF days. for april I am trying to do more AF. thanks for your inspiration
          :new:

Comment

Betty's story

Thanks Betty!!! Very proud of where you are today...Good job
            Control the Mind

Comment

Betty's story

Boop boop bee doop!!! You are the best! You are such an inspiration. It's hard to share our stories, still can't do it myself. Partly because I can't remember much of it! You are a strong lady and I think you are amazing. Many hugs to you.
              Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Betty's story

I am sorry I didn't see this until now!

BB, thanks for sharing!! You are totally amazing and you are all in our prayers this next week. You have done this program so well. We are very PROUD of you!

Lots of hugs and love,
                Mary

Comment

Betty's story

Hey, Boops!

Like Mary, I just now read your post. You set an example for all of us who occasionally fall down even as we get stronger. Thanks so much for your kindness in sharing your story.

:heart: E

Comment

Betty's story

I've wet myself. Twice. So embaressed. Once was with a guy I knew, much younger. I woke up in his bed, soaking wet. Was awful. Live just across road - never seen him since. Also wet myslef walking home from a night out. Why does this happen?

Comment

Betty's story

Hey betty, thanks for your story...Im glad u had the wakeup call after your first drink driving offence. In Australia we have those breathaliser things u can install in your car but because i dont have a current aviction Im unable to get one. I couldnt even tell u how many times ive driven home and not remembered but im hoping now with my new journey that to is in my past. Stay in touch and look forward to reading more of your posts and threads.

Comment

Betty's story

Nice work BB. I have been following your footsteps thanks for being such a great example.
                        big hug

Trix
                        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Betty's story

....I am a little late in my reply.....thanks Betty for sharing your story...Merry Christmas to you too....changing

Comment

Betty's story

Hi all, just updating my progress ........

It's 10 months since I posted that, and I have realised how far I have come since then .....

Yesterday we went out for lunch and half way through my meal I realised that I was drinking sparkling water, a year ago that would have been an excuse to have a glass of wine, now it really doesn't occur to me ......

I also realised that in the last year I can honestly say that although I am still drinking in moderation I have never fallen down drunk, never woke up with unexpected bruises and Mr Boop has never ever had to say to me 'Do you remember what you did last night?'

So all in all its been a pretty good year, and I owe it all to RJ and my super friends here ........:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                            X