New Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Life

At long last I have finally managed to reduce my alcohol consumption down to nearly nothing, or I dont need to drink anymore thanks very much to Baclofen and those that gave me the encouragement to commence taking this wonderful drug. It was a hard battle at first and I had to keep uping my dosage from say 100mg a day right up to 300mg a day and at that point I had managed to reduce my consumption right down, however I was in fact still drinking daily, but rather than drinking during the day as I was previously prior to taking Baclofen I had got into a habit and I say a habit as I didnt have a craving for drinking but more of a routine. Anyway a long story shortern, I had a mental illness episode and after and when I had recovered then my mother helped me to reduce the amount of Baclofen I was taking right down to about 50mg a day, which believe it when I say it made me have less cravings or any interest in alchohol at all, however I can still drink on ocassions which is still very pleasing to me. I went to a bowling game with my company last Sunday and I had 2 beers and then 1 wine and that was it. I didnt want to drink more and before that I have been 4 or 5 days without anything at all, which is nice. The only thing I have noticed is that I am now eating more (healthier) but still alot more and then I like to drink a lot of fluids, such as juices, teas and especially coffees. I now love coffees!!!!
    Apart from side effects to begin with which was just tiredness I have had nothing else. It was a bit hard at 300mg but I managed it and boy it is certainly worth while. I have no side effects at all now and in fact have loads more energy than I have had for a long, long time.
    So in conclusion I strongly recommend Baclofen to anyone looking to reduce their alcohol consumption or even quit. It really does work. And again thanks to the whole online community for posting such reviews to help others.
    Good prosperity to all.

New Life

Congratulations godbeall1 on finding your way to a new life! Bac is a miracle for many here. So glad you found your way out!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
    X