Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello every one, 4th day sober and 2nd day on Antabuse , I turning 40 tomorrow ,have been drinking for a better part of my life. I'm tired of lies and alcohol, I try quitting few times longest I was with out a drink I think it was 4months. I want to stop, no I need to STOP.

Hey Zelart! Well, you've come to the right place! Every single one of us has been in your shoes, so we totally understand. Let me invite you to 2 places here at MWO...one is the Newbie's Nest, where there are folks in ALL stages of quitting. It's a busy place so just jump in...read back a week or so and get to know us. You can't surprise this bunch. Also, spend some time in the Tool Box. There are 100's of tips and ideas to help you thru these first challenging days! Links to both are in my signature line below. Welcome aboard, we're glad you found us! This place saves lives and I'm one of them! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello & welcome Zelart & Happy Birthday too!

Congrats on your 4 AF days, great work!
      Kicking AL out of your life is a good choice that you'll never regret.

Please join us on the Newbies Nest thread for ongoing support!
      Wishing you the best.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning all , want to thank you for a warm welcome. Another day , just popped my 500mg of Antabuse , 5th day AF so far, I didn't know what to expect when I logged in and again I want to thank you for being there. It going to be though one today, we have some people coming over that I honestly don't feel like seeing, they all drink and quite don't get why one would like to be AF. I'm in a very bad place right now and all I can thing of is how not to give in and not to sneak a drink or two, my cravings are very spontaneous I'm good and then BAM. Hope it gets better. Thanks again, will check in later let you know how it went.

Comment

Hi zelart it's tough in the beginning to be around those who aren't supportive. Can you find anyone in the crowd who doesn't drink? Plan for some delicious AF drinks. A punch maybe? Stick close we are here to help. Getting through these hurdles AF is a real challenge but you can do it. Imagine waking up tomorrow feeling refreshed and happy instead of feeling shitty.
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
          X