how I got here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how I got here

Am a single mum and have been since pregnancy.. I was a smoker of cannabis, as my daughter came along I no longer could handle smoking as I wanted to provide a good life for us. The cannabis, along with a new baby made me a nervous wreck with paronoid thoughts.

Anyway about 3 years after birth I finally gave it up. But what I didn't realise was that I was slslowly picking up the bottle. It all happened very quick, within 2yrs I was now depending on alcohol to make my worries better.

Every weekend it was a small bottle of vodka and orange juice... Then occasionally it was a bottle of lambrini on a weekday. And I would finish the whole bottle in one night sometimes.
    I continued like this until I had a drink every night, when ever I was angry, upset, annoyed, happy or when the school holidays started. I would often find this depressing and drink it away.
    So when I drove to work I knew I was drunk.. But am not the type who blacks out and falls over or abuse people when drunk.:h

how I got here

Hi Trudi, welcome to MWO

There are many of us here who can relate to your drinking, you have found a good place. There is a thread in 'Just Starting Out' called the Newbies Nest, please feel free to read and post there, you will find lots of advice and information. It's nice to have you on board!
    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Working...
    X