Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 year old female high functioning and sick of it

Hello everyone
    I am a functioning alchoholic ! Feels very strange to tell the wold that. Im 35 the mother of two 15 and 11 and have been with my man for 17 years our relationship is really goodi run my own home based business our familly life and finances are good too ..... and yet i cant stop drinking I started about 10 years ago our kids were young we lived in a pretty small town and we were BROKE , my husband was a mechanic and tow truck driver ( he worked hard for us ) but he was gone ALOT and i turned to booze to help me feel a little happier or maybe not so alone .Anyways as the years went by it wasnt a problem ,we drank together and when we hung out with our friends we would drink any reason was a good one , because i only worked part time i had more time to drink ALONE .... a few years ago i found myself getting sloshed in the middle of the day ,them had to go pick up my kids from school one time i could hardly drive! at that point i said omg im going to hurt my kids or someone else. So i slowed it down made sure i ate some food instead of just drinking. But i still drank everyday ...Ive gone a few weeks here and there not drinking and it felt GREAT but then i would fall back into it again :upset: Today i can drink quite a bit before i feel it I run my business and take good care of my kids and do everything a wife and mother should do ...but i cant go a day without drinking and I SO WANT TO STOP and i know i need help...nobody but my husband and very close friend knows how bad it is

ive just printed the booklet and placed my order and im praying that will give me the extra help i need

Welcome to MWO. We've all been where you are if we're on this site. The good news is that you're starting your journey earlier than most of us here! At least you're thinking about it and that is the first step.

I'm glad that you're making some moves to actively control your drinking. There is a thread on this site called The Tool Box that has lots of suggestions for "tools" to help you stop drinking. You need to make your own "tool box" or plan. A plan consists of things like the booklet you've ordered, additional books, supplements, hypnosis, meditation, medication, ideas about what you will order in place of alcohol when you go out to a restaurant, what you will say when someone offers you a drink, what you will physically do when you have a craving, etc. You determine what tools you want to try and discard the ones that don't work for you.

I'll run off and try to find a link to the Tool Box for you.

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

Thank you very much FlyAway im kinda lost on this site I thank you for being nice enough to respond

Comment

Hi Liberte

Welcome to MWO. Your post is a familiar story. I am also a mother of two (age 41). My kids were always looked after and most things got done but it was a constant struggle when I look back.

Have you stopped drinking? This forum is fantastic. Check in as often as you can. I find having a diary thread useful and also reading the toolbox and newbies nest,

Wishing you all the very best. You can do this!

:h
          AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Please keep in touch Liberte for we all understand on our own level as we are in this struggle together.

Keep reaching out from your heart and your voice for you are important for we are all one~
            :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Liberte123;1580082 wrote: Thank you very much FlyAway im kinda lost on this site I thank you for being nice enough to respond

No need to be lost. If you go to the MWO main page you'll see lots of forums listed. Click on the one that says Just Getting Started (I think) and that's where a lot of the Newbies hang out. There is a thread there called The Newbies Nest where a lot of beginners post. You can also start a new thread introducing yourself and/or using that as a diary as Wine-no suggested. If you're interested in trying a prescription medication there is a forum for that.

I personally found the book Kick The Drink Easily by Jason Vale to be a tremendous help. There is a book forum here where you'll find more reading ideas. I also supplemented with L-Glutamine when I first started. It helped with cravings. I found the best thing I could do was to not
              follow my normal routine when I got a craving. Taking a walk or something physical would tend to distract me until the craving passed. You just need to determine what works in your situation. Best wishes and I'll be looking for you on the forums.

Comment

Just checked and the newbie forum is called Just Starting Out.

Comment

:welcome: and :goodjob: Liberte
                  You are not alone by any means as you will read as you navigate the site.
                  I highly recommend taking it one day at a time (moment by moment) but do try to achieve 30 days abstinence as soon as you can. The sense of control, pride in accomplishment (you can do it!) and giving your brain a chance to begin re-wiring is your prize. Best wishes!
                  Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Hi Liberte....stay close...good people here x
                    ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Welcome Liberte, you came to the right place. You CAN get things under control and stop the insanity. So many people have. Keep posting and stay close. All the best.
                      "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                      Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi, Liberte:

I am new, too, and a mother an "high functioning." Today is day 2 for me. Join the rest of us "newbies" in the Newbies Nest. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Dosti sb se

Asslam o alikum nd helloo to all.
                          My name Naeem nd m frm Pakistan,
                          I like lovely peaple .
                          :h

Comment

Working...
                          X