can anyone give me sum advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi ive been drinking for a few years now and never thought of it as a problem but for several months now i worry,my fav tipple is vodka and coke,i have at least 4 units every evening,if im stressed it cld be 6.the thing is i live in a remote village,no transport,ive been a mum to my children for 14 years and i suppose drinkin was a treat,chilling out,ive now got a job,and i want to focus on that,but i want to stop drinking in the week and just stick to a fri/sat!i can go 2 or 3 days and not av a drnk but then day 4 i think mmm could fancy a drink,so does that make me dependent on booze?i smoke aswell and want to give up,with the new law coming into effect in july theres no point in smoking,i find it more difficult to give the fags up than booze!im not a big eater either even before i drank,im 5'4 and weigh 71/2 stone,my ideal weght wld be 8 1/2 stone.i want to turn my life around,i want to be smoke free nd enjoy a drink on the weekend,enjoy my kids and job,i know id feel better for it,but raising 4 kids aint easy,i no my storys rather long but ive had so much go on in my life i could write a biography,anyone got any advice wld be much appreciated.

Hi Cinderella,
    Lots of people on here have managed to stop drinking in the week and just drink at the weekends, others find that too much and have to abstain completely. Importantly each alcohol free day is a good one and you'll get loads of support here to help you with that. You have the advantage that you can replace the booze with lots of good food and not worry about gaining weight. The supplements recommended on this site help to replace the vits and minerals destroyed by the drinking, some cut cravings and some such as milk thistle help repair the damage.
    Raising 4 kids is bl**dy hard work, I am expecting my 4th in October, but in the long run I think its easier on the sober days. I often feel like a glass of wine has relaxed me then later on get really wound up and find myself bawling at the kids which I wouldn't do (as much) when sober. Be good to yourself, giving up is hard too but not impossible. Keep posting, keep reading.
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Hi Cinderella & welcome .....

The fact that you have found us tells me that you want to do this, and with the help of this fabulous place you CAN do it .....

We can all understand the 'winding down' when the kids are in bed and some people will carry on doing it without even realising that they have a problem.

You are lucky, you have realised .....

Read as many posts as you can, we are all here for you ....
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
      X