It's about time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about time

Hello mates I'm kind a new here and I've been roaming around reading threads about people with the same problem I have and I learned a lot and I also give some advice and I'm also hoping I did help. I myself has some issues in life and one of them is alcohol because I love drinking and it's a habit of mine and I think I'm already alcoholic sort of. Being an alcoholic is not only my problem because I have a bigger issue which drug addiction and its really taking its toll on me. Well I'm kind a embarrass because it's easy to say that your an alcoholic but it's kind a hard to admit that your a drug addict, so now I admit that I'm an addict and I need help on my situation. I've been using methamphetamine for a long time and it started like an upgrade to my daily alcohol intake because I wanted a more stronger high that's why I tried using it. Well at first it was tolerable but now I'm totally dependent on it. I'm currently on california right now and I can't even tell my family that I need help about my situation because I know they will hate me for being like this and I don't want to give disappointment to my family. That's why I'm considering on going to some drug treatment california or anyone here who can suggest other ways to make myself sober like some sort of self medication, It's not necessarily medicine, I'm open to other methods.

Thank you very much :thanks:

:new:
    Alcohol will hit you bad but you can always turn your back
    Alcohol can bring a lot of misery but there is a solution because it's not a mystery
    Alcohol will give you pleasure but in the future it will give you pain that you cannot treasure

It's about time

Hi Marty,

Welcome. Good to meet you.

Getting treatment for your methamphetamine situation sounds like a good idea friend. Your central nervous system and body generally must be taking a beating with the alcohol too. You will find drug addiction treatment useful for alcohol abuse too. (Well, they are both drugs). Have you spoken with a doctor about this?
    What is your plan for this week?

Please keep us posted on your progress friend.

Best wishes, G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

It's about time

Hi Marty,
      Glad you visited the Newbie's Nest. We can help you and encourage you along the way, and we welcome your advice.

It seems as though you're ready to tackle this problem. I think awareness and acceptance is what it takes and you're there. That's half the battle. I don't know about meth, but can you see a professional for advice on how to get off of that?

As far as alcohol goes, I do know that just having one isn't for people like us. Staying away one day at a time is a great start, having a plan in place on how to structure your free time or whenever you do your drinking/getting high. What will you do in place of that? There's a toolbox in Monthly Moderation at the top. Read through that as much as you can and decide what tools strike as useful to you. Add your own. We're all the same, but how we achieve sobriety may be different. Good luck, and hope to see you in the nest.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

It's about time

Guitarista;1654946 wrote: Hi Marty,

Welcome. Good to meet you.

Getting treatment for your methamphetamine situation sounds like a good idea friend. Your central nervous system and body generally must be taking a beating with the alcohol too. You will find drug addiction treatment useful for alcohol abuse too. (Well, they are both drugs). Have you spoken with a doctor about this?
        What is your plan for this week?

Please keep us posted on your progress friend.

Best wishes, G bloke.
        Thanks mate

I haven't talked to my doctor about this because I'm still pulling myself to do that. although I'm moderating my alcohol intake from the time being but meth is way out of my control. for this week I plan to read some of the post here that can help me. I will keep in touch with my progress mate thanks
        Alcohol can bring a lot of misery but there is a solution because it's not a mystery
        Alcohol will give you pleasure but in the future it will give you pain that you cannot treasure

Comment

It's about time

j-vo;1655052 wrote: Hi Marty,
          Glad you visited the Newbie's Nest. We can help you and encourage you along the way, and we welcome your advice.

It seems as though you're ready to tackle this problem. I think awareness and acceptance is what it takes and you're there. That's half the battle. I don't know about meth, but can you see a professional for advice on how to get off of that?

As far as alcohol goes, I do know that just having one isn't for people like us. Staying away one day at a time is a great start, having a plan in place on how to structure your free time or whenever you do your drinking/getting high. What will you do in place of that? There's a toolbox in Monthly Moderation at the top. Read through that as much as you can and decide what tools strike as useful to you. Add your own. We're all the same, but how we achieve sobriety may be different. Good luck, and hope to see you in the nest.
          Thanks mate
          yep your right about taking out little by little and I'm doing it now on my alcohol problem but I guess I need to consult an expert about my meth problem. Thanks for the support and I think I'm gonna visit here a lot of times because I really learned a lot from here.

Comment

It's about time

Welcome Marty! This is a great place to turn to for help and support. I'm glad you are here! I think you will be doing the right thing to consult an expert about your meth problem. You are doing all the right things...keep it up you will never regret being sober or not doing meth.

Comment

It's about time

Hey Marty. Read, post and read some more. Meth is a tough drug. If you can stop do. If not please get to a doctor. Life is so much better sober. I wish I had more advice.
              I know that MWO helped me change my life. If you read the toolbox, are willing to really work, post daily and remain honest about drinking and using it will help you do the same.
              You sound ready to do it. Go for it.
              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

It's about time

Hey Marty,

I definitely would recommend to see your doctor if you are thinking of getting off both the meth and alcohol - withdrawal can be dangerous for some...and potentially worse.
                It is great that you have come to realize that you have a problem...that's step 1 to a better and more fulfilling life because honestly, life without the drugs and AL *is* more fulfilling.
                I dabbled in drugs in the past and believe that I have an addictive personality...so I just kept replacing one thing with another...to be quite honest, I used to do prescription drugs to a point where I overdosed and ended up in hospital - not good - I have never touched another drug recreationally again - I even have a hard time taking a Tylenol or Advil to this day.
                It's all tough - and you really have to WANT this...it's obvious that you do - and these forums are a fantastic place to start.

Also, if you could maybe find someone that you could speak with one on one about your issues...maybe a counsellor (addictions or not)...doc, or even talk to one family member or friend of the family - so that you have a little more support...that would be a good idea.
                Support is definitely big...I know that not everyone can get it...I know I've had my issues with that...but if you can...build that support up.

Good luck - you can do this. Stick around, post lots.

Bri.

Comment

It's about time

little beagle;1655468 wrote: Hey Marty. Read, post and read some more. Meth is a tough drug. If you can stop do. If not please get to a doctor. Life is so much better sober. I wish I had more advice.
                  I know that MWO helped me change my life. If you read the toolbox, are willing to really work, post daily and remain honest about drinking and using it will help you do the same.
                  You sound ready to do it. Go for it.
                  Thanks mate, Thanks for your support I'm planning to consult an expert about my meth problem and I promise I will keep you posted about my situation. Thanks you so much I really appreciate your concern

Comment

It's about time

briseus;1655479 wrote: Hey Marty,

I definitely would recommend to see your doctor if you are thinking of getting off both the meth and alcohol - withdrawal can be dangerous for some...and potentially worse.
                    It is great that you have come to realize that you have a problem...that's step 1 to a better and more fulfilling life because honestly, life without the drugs and AL *is* more fulfilling.
                    I dabbled in drugs in the past and believe that I have an addictive personality...so I just kept replacing one thing with another...to be quite honest, I used to do prescription drugs to a point where I overdosed and ended up in hospital - not good - I have never touched another drug recreationally again - I even have a hard time taking a Tylenol or Advil to this day.
                    It's all tough - and you really have to WANT this...it's obvious that you do - and these forums are a fantastic place to start.

Also, if you could maybe find someone that you could speak with one on one about your issues...maybe a counsellor (addictions or not)...doc, or even talk to one family member or friend of the family - so that you have a little more support...that would be a good idea.
                    Support is definitely big...I know that not everyone can get it...I know I've had my issues with that...but if you can...build that support up.

Good luck - you can do this. Stick around, post lots.

Bri.
                    Thanks for the support and advice bri and I'm solving all my problem now little by little and one at a time and I'm also planning on consulting an expert about my case but still I can't talk to family about this but I'm sharing these things to my friends although most of them are busy and we only talked rarely that's I make a point that I go MWO to share my thoughts and to find someone to talk about my problems and to keep my self busy and have fun also. That's why I'm very thankful to you guys. Thanks you so much.

Comment

It's about time

Finally

Finnally after thinking over the week I decided to make some important decision in my life and that is going

to a rehab. Everyone knows that I haven't talk this out to my family but I think it's unfair for them if I

don't inform them about my addiction so in the end I pay them a visit and discuss everything about

how I came from being and alcoholic and of course going to meth which made my parents shocked but I was

surprised that they didn't even scold me or get mad at me. They immediately hug me and thank me for having the

courage to talk things out to them which I don't usually do and they think it's their negligence towards me

that cause me to do drugs which I don't blame them for. I think it's my own fault and I thank them so much for

understanding my situation. My father then ask me if I want to go to a rehab and I told them that's the

reason I came there so that I can tell them before I go. With all the careful thinking I decided to pick on

California recovery centers that are near to my parents place on which they agreed on because they have

plenty of time to visit me. I also want to thank all the people here on MWO for supporting me and giving me

advice and I really felt all your concerns towards me and it's one of the factor that gives me the strength

and the courage to make this life changing decision in my life.

Thank you so much guys I really enjoyed my stay here.
                      I promise I will comeback clean and sober.

I will make my parents proud.

I will make you proud of me and I will comeback to share my stories again and hopefully I can inspire more

people to take the step to sobriety and lead a happy life.

See you soon

Thanks for everything

Comment

It's about time

good luck marty, i wish you well. come back and tell us how you got on, if you want to.

Comment

It's about time

Good for you. I am proud of you.:l
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

It's about time

Good luck to you Marty. It took a lot of courage to do what you did and are doing. Hope to hear from you when you are finished and just beginning your new life!
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I wish all the best and luck Marty, just always pray to God he is good, he's always giving hope for changes and make your family as your inspiration to have a fast recovery.

Comment

Working...
                              X