First Step to Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Step to Recovery

Hi I am an Opioid addict and an alcoholic, I just started my recovery just yesterday and I am really struggling. My friends advises me to go to drug rehab facilities to avoid the withdrawal symptoms, I am actually suffering from diarrhea right now. I am planning to go there tomorrow, I really want to get out of this mess and I want to recover my life.

First Step to Recovery

Hi CC and welcome. How much were you drinking? i was a 2 bottle a day drinker, 7 days a week and have been sober going on 9 months. the withdrawals initially were tough. Anxiety, diarrhea, insomina, tiredness, headaches but i just got through them one day at a time. i did take some valium the first week though.

Be gentle to yourself and eat when you are hungry or have a craving for al. Sleep when you are tired. I cant comment on rehab, MWO is my AA and without the help of this site i am sure i would not be where i am today. there is a wealth of information here so read and post and there will be someone here to help you.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

First Step to Recovery

Hi CC... we all have our stories about addiction and none are very pretty. You are among people who TRULY understand how you feel, the anxiety, the insomnia, the stomach issues, all of it!! And we are rooting for your recovery!! It is a tough battle but as you read the posts here, you will see that it can be done!! I'm cheering for you!

Comment

First Step to Recovery

Hi and welcome CC,
        You are among friends here! Make sure to check out the tool box and the newbies nest to get acquainted. Keep us posted if you go to rehab so we don't worry while you are gone, ok?
        The withdrawal will be temporary, but the sober life will be amazing!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

First Step to Recovery

Hi guys Thank you so much for the advice and your warm welcome. I am currently under medications at the drug rehab that I am mentioning. I registered for the 60 day program so I still have 56 days rehab. I'll keep you posted. I am noticing a lot of change little by little now, my cravings is somehow diminishing. I am still having diarhea, and muscle pains all over my body. I also vomit a lot of times. But I know I am getting my life back

Comment

Working...
          X