Coping Flash Cards for Cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping Flash Cards for Cravings

I want to make my own Coping Flash Cards to look at when I am dealing with cravings. One of my thoughts is "No, I will not drink and go back to Start"..like playing a monopoly game. I would be grateful for your suggestions.

Hi, Miriam and Welcome. I didn't have it written on a card but I trained myself to respond to a craving or drinking thought with a quick "But I don't drink". Maybe that would work for one of them. It stops the internal battle of can I/can't I right in its tracks!

All the best, NS

Comment

Stay the course.. the last man standing in Monopoly wins. You've got to have resources, endurance, patience, skills, and wisdom to make it through the tough times.. run the race like you expect to win.

Comment

That is a good one NoSugar, thank you for that and thanks for the welcome ♥

Comment

Do you feel like telling us a bit about yourself and what your goals are? There are different threads around MWO that might be useful for you, depending on what you want to do. In any case, the Toolbox is a great place for ideas - you might even find some quotes for your flash cards!

Comment

Thank you very much for the suggestion to visit Toolbox...good stuff !

Comment

I've talked at length with a therapist on this subject. Here are some coping techniques I've posted in another thread. Hope it helps:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/ju...e-process.html
              First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Thank you Aihfl for sharing !

Comment

Working...
                X